Metropolitan State University of Denver Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Metropolitan State University of Denver

Keeler

Great school that care for students progress and Success. I came in as a transfer student after not doing the greatest at my previous college due to life experiences. MSU Denver is ideal for those students who are not fresh out of high school. Their urban atmosphere and convenience in choosing classes to suit your life is top notch. Would recommend

Ana

The Metropolitan State University of Denver is a great school for people that want to stay and experience the city life rather than the small town life. It is a super diverse school with people from various different backgrounds and ethnicities. You not only learn a lot from your classes and professors, but also from the student body. The Metropolitan University of Denever shares campus with two other colleges which means that you get the opportunity to interact with many different students throughout your day. The diversity is what makes attending this college a great opportunity. Attending this school is like getting a small representation of what it is like to live on planet Earth. You got people from all around the world in one campus. You have the opportunity to network with people that have the same or different interests that you have. People that you learn a lot from and that could also potentially help you find your dream job one day. The Metropolitan State University of Denver also has great resources for whatever it is you are looking for. Whether you are looking for scholarships, internships, or help. This school helps you with that. They have different offices with the purpose of benefiting you in your education journey and your future. Finally, professors and staff are very caring and dedicated. They will make you feel heard and make sure you understand class material. All my experiences with my professors have been nothing but professional and helpful. Overall you can see that this school really cares for you and your success.

Thomas

My overall opinion of Metropolitan State university of Denver is that it is a wonderful school, however its not perfect and it is not my dream school, their are a lot of difficulties to be dealt with on a daily basis. The school is mainly a commuter school, so many of the student have to travel by train or bus and parking their is a nightmare. Every time a student has to park, they will usually end up paying around 5 dollars every time and will have to walk a couple blocks to campus. It doesn't sound so bad, but being in downtown Denver, it can prove to be a challenge to walk across a simple intersection. However student life isn't so bad. If you are lucky enough to get one of the student apartments near the school, I hear its a great place to live and that its not too far of a walk. There are many students that live there and everyone who resides in the apartments are usually very friendly and inviting. The food situation on campus is a different story though, the options they have on campus are not so healthy and it can be difficult to find a good and nutritious meal without having to spend more then ten dollars, which is a lot of money to the average college student.

Alexis

This campus is amazing! Every day offers something new to the campus and the beauty and atmosphere of it all is just overwhelming. It's more than classes and academics and it makes the college experience that much more memorable.

Lucky

I think Metro gets an awful representation from the overall population and different understudies who go to various colleges, yet by and by has been extraordinary compared to other choices of my life. The class sizes are perfect and every one of my educators up to this point have been stunning. They're continually ready to assist and ensure understudies are in the wagers position to succeed. The grounds is exceptionally assorted so you can meet and connect with an umber of various societies. I've distraught various companions on grounds because of the neighbourly idea of the grounds and the different clubs and exercises that go ahead all through the school year. Metro has allowed me a 2nd chance and can hardly wait to proceed with my development here.

Angelica

MSU-Denver is a great school if you are there to learn and obtain a degree. However, it does lack a bit of pride for sports since we are a division II school and it's a commuter college. The campus is also shared with two other schools and that takes a lot from the MSU Denver culture. The majority of the professors are great and there is a lot of aid provided to the student if you seek help. Overall, I think Metro is a wonderful school and if the student is willing to take advantage of the opportunities provided for them, success awaits.

Mindy

Enrolling was difficult because no one helps you find your specific passion even if you have a general idea. They let you take unnecessary classes when you first start classes which can make everything confusing. The people on campus are very diverse and there are many opportunities to find new activities and resources for extra help in classes. Tuition isn't ridiculous so all fees are manageable.

Michaela

I've heard a lot of great things about Metro. It's the most affordable 4-year university in Colorado next to CU Denver. Being in the heart of the city does have its perks! This a very culturally diverse university.

DaShawna

I think it is a great school. I think that it is diverse in terms of having a wide range of people on campus. But I would like to have more people look like me. I believe we are doing a great job to get more Hispanic students on campus, but we are letting the other people of color slip through the cracks. Seeing that the campus is in Denver and Denver is a diverse location I believe our school should match that.

Sheila

The school is great overall. The staff and faculty really care about the students and want us all to succeed. They have great facilities and are setting us, the students, up for success. All of the professors are really great, I'd recommend this school to anyonw!

Mohib

A school of more than meets the eye. Currently attending and its really lively with such a big campus! Tons of people from different demographics makes it interesting to partake in socializing and learning about each other! In terms of activities you can do so much with what you are interested in.

Kacey

I think Metro gets a bad rep from the general public and other students who attend different universities, but personally has been one of the best decisions of my life. The class sizes are ideal and all my professors thus far have been amazing. They're always willing to help out and make sure students are in the bets position to succeed. The campus is very diverse so you are able to meet and interact with a umber of different cultures. I've mad a number of friends on campus due to the friendly nature of the campus and the various clubs and activities that go on throughout the school year. Metro has given me a second home and can't wait to continue my growth here.

Jose

Metro is a cheap, hardworking school dedicated to ensure the best quality of education for their price. It is what everyone makes it out to be. The school can either be really fun and engaging or it can be just a next step for people. It can seem lonely and depressing at times, but as long as friends are made, it becomes ever better.

Brandon

I think that the school is nice in terms of going straight to getting your career. The campus is generally quiet and not many students really like to interact with each other for the most part but, it's a calm environment. I hear that there tends to be a lot of credit issues that happen to other students and students will sometimes have to take extra classes just to get the credits for what they need which tends to happen in the later years of college. It's an alright experience from everything I've seen for myself as well as heard.

Roberto

The combination between present day infrastructure and the cultural historic buildings of Denver makes for a swell experience. The amount of diversity on campus is abundant. Metro has a positive atmosphere and the good vibes of the people here have made my experience at Metro unique.

Paola

Ever since I heard of Metropolitan State University of Denver I knew that was where I would attend and graduate from. The professors and classmates have all been supporting, understanding, and helpful. I have always liked that it’s not a big university, allowing me to easily and comfortably communicate with my professors. I truly enjoy being on campus and am proud to be a Roadrunner!

Alejandro

Metropolitan State University of Denver is nothing more than an upgraded, overrated community college school that while despite being relatively affordable, it's social life and academia makes you wish you probably should have applied out-of-state instead.

Jenise

Being accepted by MSU Denver saved my life. I was drowning without direction and I suffered depression from unhappiness in life overall. I was able to transfer my credits in a timely manner from two other schools. The culture at MSU Denver is my favorite experience of post-secondary education ever. I genuinely enjoy going to the campus. I only wish the parking was more affordable for students.

Lynda

The school is affordable, diverse and in the heart of the city. I like that students can customize their degrees. I do not like the classroom furniture, the fact that there are not payment plans and that the campus is not more secure. I wish there were more housing and more healthier food options. Overall the school is good. I don't regret choosing Metro for my the rest of my undergrad degree.

Ruby

I personally enjoy this school very much, I believe a good sign of a serious school is how busy the library it is at all hours and the Auraria library seems busy more often than not, even during the Summer Semester! The students give the appearance and feeling of being passionate about their studies, likewise, the teachers are even more so passionate and willing to help those that seek it.

Isabel

MSU is a great place to attend and sis right in the heart of Denver. It shares three different schools on one beautiful campus and has a very diverse atmosphere. It has many places to go and study or to even grab a bite to eat. It is easily accessible to light rails, buses and other transportation. It is in a great location and is a great University to attend for a great education while not putting yourself into high debt. 10/10 would recommend.

Rediet

The school is decent. The facilities can definitely be improved- some of the facilities are a bit rundown and outdated- however they're still fair. The professors are excellent, they really encourage the best out of their students, which is admirable.

Ana

Metropolitan State University of Denver is where I want to succeed. The support and community has everyone on task and gives feed back to every student needed. There's many activities in whom we are proud to call our teammates Roardrunners. I am proud to be a Metropolitan student.

Hanna

Metropolitan State University is a very welcoming school. However it is hard to get to know people because it is a commuter college, so if you don't put yourself out there you are basically all by yourself. This is great if that's how you would like to spend the next 4 years of your life. The Greek community at MSU Denver has changed my life completely and definitely for the better.

Garrett

It's a University that offers plenty of variety in academic programs whether you're grinding through to a PhD or seeking a certificate to bolster your resume. The location is beautifully suited to offer inspirational views of downtown or the mountains and there's always a coffee shop or restaurant nearby to fuel you for the day. Great University for all students!

Robert

I enjoy being a student at Metropolitan State University of Denver. It is close to home and work, the professors take time to make sure that each student is okay and successful. The social life on campus is amazing, and I couldn't ask for a better college experience.

Marisa

Metropolitan State University overall is a good school. It doesn't have the typical college feeling though due to it being a commuter school. I think it would be improved if the campus found ways to get students more involved even though they don't live on campus necessarily.

Anna

I think that Metro is a great place. They have an activity or club for everyone. The only thing that I would change about metro would be the library, I wish that it had more tables for students to work at. The campus itself is very clean and I feel very safe walking around the campus.

Morgan

When you think of a university, you don’t think of the location smack dab in the middle of the city. Metropolitan State University of Denver is unique in that way. It sits in the middle of Denver. Entertainment is right at our fingertips; we can go shopping on the 16th Street Mall, catch an Avalanche Hockey game after classes at the Pepsi Center, etc. All of the buildings are very spread out and it is not crammed or too overwhelming. Although this is my first year at Metro, I have already seen how great of a school it is. There is a very diverse group of students who attend. There are many students my age and there are also many older students who have gone back to college. The university offers a First Year Success program. First year students are able to take up to 30 credit hours of First Year Success classes. These classes offer support and guidance for first year students while the students take classes that they need in order to graduate. The teachers are very helpful. They have office hours that students are able to go ask for help. The class size is not big at all. You don’t have to sit in a big auditorium with four hundred other students. Over the course of this semester, I have been very happy with all of the aspects of Metropolitan State University of Denver and I am excited to continue my education at this university.

Cedric

Metropolitan State University of Denver is a great school for somebody who does not care about the partying aspect of college. I work a full time job and go to school full time, the school gives me the opportunity to expand my knowledge while trying to build a brighter future for myself.

Eduardo

As a student, I feel quite well in Metro. There are plenty of activities ranging from mariachi club to the philosophy club. There are many ways to get involved in the school. It would be odd if someone didn't join a club or any extracurricular activity. As a commuter university, along with two nearby universities, the diversity is what set this school apart from others. Diversity is a big topic in this school and it is quite fascinating seeing people from all over the world attend Metro. That in itself says a lot about the school. Classes are well structured with teachers who have a good foundation in their teaching skills. The list goes on, but there are things in this life you live. Words cannot express what one feels and in my honest opinion, I am in that situation. Metro opened its doors when other universities didn't. An affordable tuition rate along with great care for the students demonstrates what type of school Metro. It is for the common person, for the knowledgeable, for the strugglers. It bears the name of the successful and those to come. It is a place for any type of person that need to find a road. Metro will offer that and more. It just depends on whether you take up on the offer and take the next step in your successful career.

Jo

I love this institution. It is inclusive and super diverse.

Elena

Metropolitan State University is very diverse and very affordable! I love it here! I would recommend all my friends and family to become a Roadrunner! There is a lot of reliable transportation, restaurants, and activities to do here at MSU! Don't miss out on a good education and more then enough fun with friends and professors!

Kelli

Metropolitan State University of Denver has an interesting feel to it. The campus is shared among 3 different colleges: Metro, Community College of Denver, and the University of Colorado, Denver. The class sizes at Metro are a very nice size, the range from about 30 kids in the classes I have taken. Metro is also a cheaper option for students who want to live at home, as well as already employed adults.

Idannya

Small classes, nice facilities, interactive classes, communicative professors. All in all, good school with great location in the Denver metropolitan area. Small classes, nice facilities, interactive classes, communicative professors. All in all, good school with great location in the Denver metropolitan area.

Serena

My overall opinion on MSU is that it is most definitely the place to make friends and getting that downtown feel to it all with such a low cost. I have had a better time here than Colorado State University due to having a hard time making friends and i don't know if it was the huge lectures or the lack of knowing where to join clubs but Metro is doing something right. Although, academically I have gotten some professors who barely teach the class most professors that I've received are quite challenging more than I expected it to be also they actually help you throughout the semester and they actually care about their students. Another reason why I gave MSU 4 stars it's because of their offices such as their financial aid. From my experience they have had to test my independence on things such as checking if you need to sign papers in order to receive your loan. I have never been notified to anything so I would always end up being at the office asking questions almost 10 times a month making sure everything is all set because if I didn't I would have to wait last minute and end up not registering for classes due to a hold on my account. I think it's because everyone that works in that office are all students and they are not experienced in this field which is hard to rely on since it's your education and money that's on the line. But overall Metro has given me a great first semester they just need to improve on some things and although they just became a University they still have a long ways to go on improvement.

Alexcia

Overall you get a warm welcome and it has a nice atmosphere. The professors are great and are very open and some tend to be a bit laid back. Communication is easy. Everyone there seems very eager to help you.and the work load isn't too overbearing. An overall nice school to attend.

Katerina

Overall there are a lot of resources to make school a lot less stressful. There is also a lot of great help if needed with classes. The tutor center provides free help to any students enrolled at MSU for mostly all classes offered, even including help studying for placement tests!

Mackenzie

Overall Metropolitan State University is a good school. The atmosphere feels very safe. The campus is always clean and well secured even though it is right next to Colfax which at times can feel a bit fearful. The professors and open and care about their students wanting them to achieve. The age range of students is between 18-40. Students attend Metro for the academics rather than the social aspect.

I love it there because I love having small class sizes like a community college. I loved that they have sororities and frats on campus. I joined one and it's a blast. Many people don't know that Greek life is an option at metro! Professors here care and are willing to work with you.

Sophia

It is a really good school with small enough class sizes where you can get a hold of professors easily. People and other students are always willing to help you find you're way if you get lost because it is quiet a big campus. Today a girl walked up to me and asked for help finding her class. I told her where it was but she still was confused so I decided to walk her over to where her class room was. I remember my first year i was so nervous and many people offered me help and I want to make sure I repay the favor to any one who needs help. Students get a pass at the begging that allows you to take public transit as many times as you want with out additional fee. They provide many programs and offices solely based on helping students succeed for free. Over all it is easy to see a successful future at Metro State in Denver Colorado.

richard

Would had a better opinion if they offered the Japanese minor two years ago. Other than that it is a good college for the price of tuition. I would recommend MSU Denver to anybody who wants to go back to school. Grant Money is running out so I will be hard pressed to find scholarship money to help out.

Robert

I like it! Pretty easy going. The school really likes to work for you. Only downside is most of the faulty is made of of current students so things get processed slower. Lots to offer here at an affordable rate. They are raising the cost of education so that is the only other downside as well. Sometimes there are political movements here.

Elise

Working full time and attending school full time is no easy feat. Metro state allows for someone trying to finish their college career later in life an opportunity to work and go to school. I love that metro has two campuses available, one which is very close to my job. I am able to leave work at five and get to class at the south campus faster and with less stress. If it weren’t for the south campus I would not be able to finish my classes. The downside to the south campus is, its more expensive than the main campus and I find myself forced into having to pay the high tuition rates at the south campus. I love the fact that Metro accepts and encourages a diverse student population. I have met so many great individuals of different ethnic, socio economic class, and sexual orientation. Metro encourages the acceptance of every student and also encourages the student population to influence everyone we come across of the importance of acceptance. My professors at Metro truly lead by example. The professors do a wonderful job of teaching us how to think and not what to think. I love that they each keep a very open door policy and are willing to meet with students at any time to help encourage their education. One professor in particular offered to meet me for coffee to help lay out a career path or a “what’s next” plan. For me, Metro has really opened opportunities and I will continue to grow academically, professionally and personally by attending Metro State.

Maddison

Metropolitan State University of Denver is a great school for a driven student whose main priority is to get good grades. The Greek, athletics and extracurricular activity life is a bit disappointing but for hard-working students, there are numerous resources that will help you be successful. My favorite aspects of this school are the library and writing center. Everyday I feel like there is someone willing to help me. The campus is in the heart of downtown which can be fun in between classes and on the weekends. I wish that this school held more pride in athletics and encouraged students to attend games and events to get everyone more involved on campus but it is a great school for someone who wants to focus on school.

I really enjoy attending Metro State. I particularly like the fact that although it used to be an affordable 2-year college, it is now an affordable 4-year college with a very convenient location as I work full-time as well and this is close and easy commute to work. I also have noticed over the past couple of years MSU is making great progress in keeping up with its students both in activities and as for the style of the campus and keeping it current with the time.

Richy

I love my University!! It's opened up so many opportunities I never thought I'd ever have a chance at. The student body is hugely diverse. We have people from all over the world attending our institution. A lot of people don't like the social life, but it's there if you go looking for it. I PROMISE!

Natalie

Metropolitan State University of Denver is a great college. It feels like you were at home because of its amazing atmosphere. People get along with everyone. Academic wise Professors are there when you need them especially in finals when you all stressed out. Campus is also great to hang out or do a study group with friends !

Dalton

Metropolitan State University of Denver is overall a great school. With it's low cost tuition (at least in-state) attending this college is a very smart move to save money. The campus is shared between three schools, CU Denver, MSU and CCD, so the total campus size is around 70,000 students. The professors are extremely nice and the advisors really help keep everything on track. With such a diverse population MSU usually has some rally's or activists roaming campus asking for signatures. Aside from that, the location is nice as it is right next to the heart of Denver and all the shops everyone loves.

Vanessa

It is a nice campus and has a good overall feeling to it. There are some classrooms that are not up to date with technology ex: chalk boards. The professors usually teach all around the state and are very qualified to teach at a college level. With so many fun places to visit near by it is a great University to go to.