Miami, FL
Miami Dade College

Extracurricular Activities

Nearby Shops and Services

Daniela

I love it and am proud to be a Shark! I think it was the best choice and I don't regret it. Definitely go on ratemyprofessor.com before registering for classes though. It's a real life saver. It's also important to bring your own lunch because on-campus snacking can be expensive, but the book store, small as it may be, will definitely have anything you need. From books to study aides and even medicine if you're nauseous before a big speech.

Briana

It provides a great educational experience with eleven campuses to choose from. One weakness this college has however is that students who transfer from here might be weak in writing but, this is something the college is working hard on. Overall I enjoy being a MDC student.

Sourichant

The best option because Miami Dade College have much opportunities. Also my teacher all the time talk about this. I want to star in this place because I think that is my best way for my future. Everything with Miami Dade College is good until the class until behavior to a teacher

ocheahna

love this college. nice weather year round.

love this college. nice weather year round.

Coraima

It's a great place to do your first 2 years of college! I feel like I got a great education from there and I graduated with my A.A. debt free! I also got into my transfer institution of choice! The A.A. guarantees acceptance to any Florida public university and some private schools, but you must do well in your pre-requisites to make sure you get into the upper-level classes of your chosen major.

Natalia

As a freshman I wish someone would have given me a reason to do service hours the first semester instead of saying it's only extra credit. A student who is passing without needing extra work never bothers to go out of their way for the extra point unless it's a written work.Service hours are actually fun to earn if you find the right group to work with.

An accurate stereotype is that the people who attend are there to learn, it's mostly true but some people fresh out of high school think college is the 13th grade. They still act like their good looks & constant flirting with the teacher will give them a good grade, it sickens me that students can be that dense & careless. Other kids attempt a different career path every semester & if they are under contract with student loan then they just end up digging a deeper & deeper grave because in one lifetime they won't be able to pay it off.

some of the staff members show up to get paid but don't event try to do their job.

Hard working scholars who know what they're after & are willing to do the work they're given & go beyond the limits, sacrificing their social life & sometimes their holiday brakes to stay at the top of their class.

Bianca

Aside from the parking lot wars held almost everyday, I would say not knowing what your grade is until the very end is extremely frustrating.

Any person can enter this school, as long as you know what do you want to do for your future.

The grading. Why can't you surpervise your grade so that you are aware of where you are and can raise your GPA? If we were updated with the grade, we wouldn't have to take the courses again or wonder if you did or didn't get the American Dream Scholarship, for example.

Diane

We use the most current publicly available data. As such, we don't remove or edit college information. Sources for school statistics and data include the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System. Portions of college data include copyrighted material, which is reproduced on this website by permission of Wintergreen Orchard House, a division of Carnegie Communications. © 2009-2016 by Wintergreen Orchard House. All rights reserved.
Financial aid at this institution is only available for those who qualify.