Miami Dade College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Miami Dade College

dzyani

Miami Dade College is an incredible, excellent College with a secure, diverse community.The experience I had while visiting the campuses was such a wonderful one. It has a total of eight campuses and twenty-one outreach centers throughout Miami-Dade County.I fell in love with the buildings and decor.The student teacher ratio is 25:1 which makes it easy to connect with teachers and other students.After my visit to Miami Dade College,I really look forward to attending Miami Dade College this Fall.

Yakira

The college, especially the Honors college, is an excellent use for an in-between high school graduate and 4-year university. It helps for people who, for example, want to go back into education after many years of not being in school but professors are not the best. They are not very good at explaining topics and sometimes not very knowledgeable.

Alansa

Resourceful, Miami Dade College is not only dedicated but they are determine in giving each student the best opportunity to reach not only success, but their full potential. From the administration to the students, you are constantly surrounded by individuals pushing you forward towards your goals. This institution puts being a human first, its understanding for the hardships students are overcoming is what I admire most about MDC. Their food pantry provides a variety of options and means for students facing hardships. MDC\'s numerous clubs and organization opens a free and inclusive space. There is always a spot for you within the MDC community. The affordability MDC provides has been one of the most beneficial aspects to me pursuing my degree, the limitless opportunities given through MDC and their EnTech department has provided me with resources beyond the scope of what I thought was possible. MDC\'s drive and passion for its community makes for a welcoming and giving community. I am grateful for the opportunities and experience MDC has given me, it has shown me the true power of giving.

Maria

Miami Dade College may not be the greatest institution, but it is great if you give it an opportunity and get involved in the clubs and activities organized there. Many people complain about the quality of education here, and thought I may partially agree, I cannot denny that most of my professors have been amazing individuals that have taught me something valuable.

Miami Dade has allowed me to re-enroll in school as an adult and beat the stigmatism attached to adult education. This school has allowed me to excel in my courses and always provide ample opportunity to achieve my goals for each semester. Although this school may not offer experiences that a larger campus may provide, it is a great school to obtain your Bachelors at.

Taiyna

Its a wonderful college to begin with!

Dacivian

I absolutely enjoy Miami Dade College and I am sad to be leaving soon to transfer to a four year college. I began at Florida International University; however, coming from charter schools, I was not used to their auditorium style classrooms. The classroom settings at Miami Dade College are 30-40 students to a professor which allows you to easily interact with the professor and ask for guidance without having to compete against 400+ students to do so. All campuses are easy to navigate, embracing the environment they are surrounded by.

Axel

Miami dade college has been VERY kind to me. Like with any college, as a student you should be looking to make connections to improve your college experience. Miami Dade College has several programs to help those in need. The people i have met through these programs are extremely kind and helpful. I love that there's a pool and gym on campus that i can take advantage of after class. There are other clubs to join and there's always something to do, you just have to get involved.

Brittny

Miami Dade College is a really great place to go and study. It does not matter that you are not in a big university because this community that they built for the students is diverse and always filled with many activities and events for the students to join. It even has clubs that the students themselves formed based off of their own interests. I have been part of the Miami Dade College family since 2016 and currently studying Nursing. Any time that I have needed help with classes or simply asking questions, their faculty or staff have assisted me to the best of their ability. I can not complain, I have been fortunate enough to have a community where I am able to study and even meet with friend and classmates to collaborate on projects or homework for school. Overall, I believe that if you like having more one on one time with the professors and diversity, this is the place to be.

Lawanda

Miami Dade Collage has been an amazing experience. I became disable, but wanted to futher my education and Miami Dade has assist me with all of my endevors. The counselors are accessable and the Professors make the appointment process veery easy. It is a cheaper collage than most which is also a great benefit for those who may not have great financial resources. The have an oustanding library and media center at the campus I atten which has been very helpful when needing resouraces for projects and papers. I think any one just attending collage for the first time and may be a lil fearful should try Miami Dade Collage for atleast two years befor entering a University or four year Collage. I am extremely pleased in my decision to attend Miami Dade Collage.

Coraima

It's a great place to do your first 2 years of college! I feel like I got a great education from there and I graduated with my A.A. debt free! I also got into my transfer institution of choice! The A.A. guarantees acceptance to any Florida public university and some private schools, but you must do well in your pre-requisites to make sure you get into the upper-level classes of your chosen major.

Neftali

I believe the institution is trying hard to lift itself off the ground, but campuses such as Homestead are lagging far behind. The students in this campus make it hard to study, and makes it an undesirable campus and education experience. There is barely any food choice on campus except whatever the cafe wants to serve. The library has very few resources, and classes are limited that are needed for a major, so you often have to travel to some other campus to complete your degree.

Heather

Miami Dade college is very helpful and accommodating to their students. Everyone is always very pleasant and helpful and really care about their students.

star

Academically, Miami Dade College is average for providing the best education for their students. The work is not challenging enough and homework isn't given often. Surprisingly, I actually like homework. It helps keep your brain refreshed for what was learned in class. Not having it often makes me appreciate the value of it more. There isn't a Greek Life or Campus Housing. But it's still easy to bond and make friends with those around you. Overall, everyone is really nice.

Valeria

My overall opinion of Miami-Dade College has to be that it is a very peaceful but fulfilling place for student to expand your knowledge to excel in life. This college is a place students could succeed to excel in their career pathway. Miami-Dade College provides extra resources that students could use to if they have trouble with certain classes or professors.

Samir

It's an amazing opportunity for students who wish to pursue a degree but don't quite have the money, there are plenty of transfer scholarships available if you wish to study more than two years. Most of the classes have amazing professors, but you're definitely going to get a couple of incompetent ones.

Daniela

I love it and am proud to be a Shark! I think it was the best choice and I don't regret it. Definitely go on ratemyprofessor.com before registering for classes though. It's a real life saver. It's also important to bring your own lunch because on-campus snacking can be expensive, but the book store, small as it may be, will definitely have anything you need. From books to study aides and even medicine if you're nauseous before a big speech.

Juliane

I love it! There is a lot happening at MDC specially Wolfson campus. It all depends on the student and how they decide to spend their time here. There are plenty of clubs and organizations to join. The professors are readily availaible to help! And make sure you check any "rate my professor" websites.

Gabriella

Miami Dade College is a friendly and safe environment to be at. We are a unique but united group of individuals that express our diversity in an excepting manner. The campus is clean, the food is good, classes size makes it a better environment to learn and communicate with others, and club rush gives students not only an opportunity to be involved in different ways but it gives opportunities to make new memories and friends.

Destiny

I LOVE this college! it's great, the students are all smart, engaging people who don't mind a debate. There's always something to do on campus. Rather it involves politics or fun artsy activities MDC always has something to fit all it's students. The best thing about it ? it's diverse, you'll never feel out of place there it has a high acceptance rates of minorities and I've never felt discriminated against. Plus it's super affordable! Love this college and would totally recommend it.

Diane

Arjuna

Miami Dade College: 8 campuses, 21 outreach centers; and also the second-largest institution of higher education in the country! With all this in mind and the fact that it is a community college known for it's lower-than-average tuition, one might think it is the perfect way to start after high school. However this may not the case for all young people searching for a full college experience. Yes, the classrooms and professors are there. But what else is there? If it wasn't for the beauty and mere existence of Downtown Miami surrounding MDC's main campus, Wolfson, there wouldn't be much to do after classes. School spirit is barely there, and the extracurricular activities groups are rarely encouraged. If going to classes and returning back home to study is the only experience that you are searching for, then this is the right place. Miami Dade College mainly serves as a stepping stone for its students as they get their Associate's degree and continue their educational journey elsewhere.

Alexandra

I believe Miami Dade College is an incredibly educational institute. With online and on-campus courses, I view that MDC offers a wide range of opportunities for student to achieve a degree. Furthermore, in terms of 'college life' I believe that the college offers many clubs for students and recreational activities such as Yoga.

Jeffrey

Miami Dade College is .a great college to get into for a number of reasons. The class room sizes are great and are actually able to learn and get enough attention from the professors. The institution provides plenty of resources guiding you to success and most importantly it's very economical

Priscilla

Miami Dade College is really an amazing school to study at. The professors that I have had, have been really involved with my studies. They are always there when needed. The staff is always polite and on task in their department. They will do whatever it takes to solve your problems/concerns.

Lyric

Miami Dade Kendall campus is an ideal school for those who want to "get-in and get-out". The campus social life is pretty close to nonexistent but also sits on the fine-line of "just enough". Occasionally, the Student Life club organizes fun events for the students that are very enjoyable and well needed throughout the terms. The classes here are the perfect size for more professor to student interaction! Classes are not too big,but also not too small. The less popular courses are definitely more intimate and cozy;while other courses are on the brink of "first come,first serve" on seating arrangements. Lastly, the professors on this campus genuinely care about your success. I believe some professors go out of their way to ensure that you comprehend the material and are always available during their office hours. Picking the right school for your studies matters just as much as taking the required courses for your degree. Choose wisely.

LISA

I think Miami Dade College is a good school to start off if you're looking for a cheaper tuition and love to be in a smaller environment. This college prepares you for university and have many opportunities for everyone. I like the fact that you can still be accepted even if you don't have the perfect 3.0 G.P.A. which gives student the opportunity to get a good education. This school is also good for those who are not ready to move far from home and want stay closer to family members. I'm really glad that i'm attending this school and i'm looking forward into moving on to a higher education.

Walkiria

I really love Miami dade college , it has awesome professors , and it is really easy to take classes they have campuses in all Miami giving you the advantage of taking your classes at different times , and days. offering scholarships and financial assistant to low income students .

Jasmine

Miami Dade College is an overall good college. The college provides good services and food. Although there are not always great professors, most teach very well. Even if you may have a professor where you do not like the teaching, there are many tutoring sessions. The college also provides work study, which seem to be very beneficial to those who want to have a job and/or help others.

ocheahna

love this college. nice weather year round.

Kaylah

Miami Dade College, was a great experience for me. Not only did I grow academically but I grew as a person, it gave me time to realize who I am and what my purpose is. I learned how to interact with a variety of people from all over the world. I learned from many different teachers, who had varies teaching styles but brought excitement to the plate.

Natalie

Honestly the academics, professors and classes aren't terrible at all. Great professors and the food is actually pretty good. Only thing is no one has any school spirit, or motivation for that matter. You aren't really there to make friends, just to go to class and leave. Library is invisible and the whole campus looks like a prison.

ashriel

Ok so there isn't much to say about MDC. MDC is a very ordinary college. Off campus housing is expensive because well Miami is an expensive place and they don't offer dorms. The food is alright. The good thing is that they have different campuses all over. I like trying all the different campuses. Class sizes are ok and the professors are also ok. Like I said its a very ordinary school.

Melissa

Miami Dade is the best community college in Florida. The main campus in Kendall is easy to navigate through, as there are maps all across campus. I have not had a bad experience so far. My teachers have been great, my classes are on average size and there are many resources available to the student. Overall, it's a great, clean environment to be in and I enjoy my time spent there.

Ruth

As a student who has attended both online-virtual and on-campus classes I have a good idea of what this school has to offer education-wise. Cllasses ae moderately sized with just the right amount of students per teacher. There are a handful of teachers who are amazing instructors and the rest are pretty good- meeting the average expectation. While I'm not too involved in extracurricular activities, I do notice they send emails to the students on events going on at the campuses which seem somewhat interesting. Overall its a pretty good college.

andrea

Miami-Dade College has opened my eyes to higher education, and for that I am grateful. There are many activities to participate in and there is always staff, tutors and teachers who are truly dedicated to helping students succeed. I thank Miami-Dade College and their amazing teachers for my academic achievements and more to come.

Domonique

I am attending Miami Dade College and I feel that the education here helped me tremendously. Specifically, I went to Kendall Campus. Don't get me wrong, I often felt infuriated by the immaturity of people who just got out of high school in my college classes. No, Miami Dade College will not hold your hand and make sure you are doing your work or spending the time to watch over you and make sure you succeed in college. The college campus often feels so large and full of commuter students that it can be isolating. But truthfully, the school works in a way where it provides you the resources and expects you to use them to your advantage. It is an extremely self-directed curriculum. But if you are willing to take the time, patience and maturity to work hard here, it will pay off big time in the long run. In some ways, MDC was still a learning ground for me (like re-learning writing techniques and basic math skills) and I did fumble at times. But the best part about it is that as a community college, it was built and intended to be that space to learn. It will probably not be used against you if you drop certain classes on-time and retake them at a better time for you with more preparation. Also, the different departments are receptive to learning and hearing about their teachers. If you're having a problem with a certain teacher, you can talk to their designated English, Math, etc Department. At times, the Advising Office will send you to different parts of the college to figure out things they should know. Even some of the advisors are basically useless and will tell you what classes you need to take although you could just go online and check what you need to take yourself (as well as pick and drop classes yourself online). I know students attending FIU now that wish they could have finished their bachelor's degree at MDC. They often comment about how FIU is literally just a blood-sucking money monster and how the majority of departments and administrators could care less about the student's input. At MDC, there are so many different campuses that even if one department sucks, you could just attend a different campus and use to your advantage the better teachers. I also highly recommend using ratemyprofessors.com to check your professors before you sign up for classes. Thankfully, there are just so many different professors that it's pretty easy to avoid the bad ones. Just do your research before you take their class.

Anthony

Miami Dade College is a great commuting school and does truly allow students to explore different subjects that might interest them. Most high schoolers leave school unsure on what they want to pursue and Miami Dade College welcomes all to try things that they wouldn't normally think they would be interested in. Nonetheless, the school prepares you for higher education and expanding your academics.

Briana

It provides a great educational experience with eleven campuses to choose from. One weakness this college has however is that students who transfer from here might be weak in writing but, this is something the college is working hard on. Overall I enjoy being a MDC student.

victoria

Miami Dade College. Some individuals have a superiority complex over the institution. However, MDC is academically competent of producing successful professionals. Attending Miami Dade College to enter a higher institution is a recommended must. A few members of the staff need to be fired but the majority are a pleasure to speak with. The professors, who are employed here, want their students to flourish in their respectable careers- they are available when needed. Even the students are determined to achieve greatness, so it will be rare to encounter a lazy person on campus or in a course. The cafeteria is beautiful but the food is mundane (chicken tenders like the ones at Universal can be found here). Nevertheless, MDC should not be overlooked and experienced [if a Floridan]!

Maria

Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus makes me feel as if I left out of state for college. It may be a community college, but that does not stop them from planning school events, parades, club rushes and student appreciation day. The college is extremely friendly to incomers and wants their students to be as involved as possible. The breezeway running in the center of the campus exhibits all the events during activity hour successfully as every student can catch a glimpse whether they are arriving or leaving class. It is a breath of fresh air after a long day of class to watch the band march through the breezeway as the dancers lead the way with Finn the school mascot by their side. Hence, it is clear the student life is amazing, but how about the academic resources of the college? They are just as great. The majority of the professors have various office hours for all students to have access and are more than welcoming for students with questions regarding the lecture, homework or tests. In case you have that one professor that may be a little hard to reach the college offers plenty of other resources, for instance, tutoring for subjects such as Math, Science, and English. A library that offers students an area to interact and another to study in a quiet environment. In addition, a computer courtyard and a learning spot which are great areas to study independently or work on group assignments with computers and printers available to all students. From personal experience, those resources are the reason for my academic success.

Dominic

Miami Dade college has a well

Sourichant

The best option because Miami Dade College have much opportunities. Also my teacher all the time talk about this. I want to star in this place because I think that is my best way for my future. Everything with Miami Dade College is good until the class until behavior to a teacher

Laurene

k

Mariana

It is a good college!

Bianca

I think it has been a good school overall. I thought I was going to spend 2 years helplessly not knowing how to guide myself through it but I had people who would help me in the office and I was able to attend classes without much trouble. The food was great, having many varieties to chose from.

Kevin

There are a lot of campuses all throughout Miami-Dade. I would recommend the Homestead Campus. They have really good professors, while also have small classes so it is easier to get one-on-one time with the professors. This makes it easier to get your questions answered.

Natalia

At Miami Dade College, there are so many opportunities for students to succeed not only academically but also get involved with extracurriculars. Miami Dade College makes sure that all of their students are passing their classes, and also have resources available to help their students such as an Academic Support Lab where students can go and there are always faculty and tutors available to help you with math and writing. They also have a place called the Lair where they have tutors available for everything involved with STEM. The library is also full of resources and is willing to help you with research that you may have for any class. Miami Dade College also has a very active student life. The Student Government Association is always putting on different events on campus and there are many different clubs to join such as PTK which is the Honor Society, Psychology Honor Society, Business Club, Public Speaking Club, and even a Ping Pong Club. They also honor their students who have received the American Dream Scholarship with a Pinning Ceremony and many more opportunities. The food on campus is great and they have various options to choose from. Everyone is there to help you every step of the way from the first time you step on campus until you walk across the stage at graduation. Overall, Miami Dade College is always making sure their students are successful and is full of opportunities for everyone.

Christina

I feel that Miami Dade is really evolving into a great College. There has been a lot of improvements going on such as new buildings being built which will lead to better class sizes and new courses. The atmosphere and culture of the school is very diverse and bring a whole new meaning to culture.

Omaida

Miami Dade College is still a young college and growing at a steady pace. Though they do not have student housing, or Greek life, they do have an incredible commitment to helping students learn. The resources are available to students who will take advantage of those world-class resources. The ACCESS program alone is one of a kind and assists students with learning disabilities. Then you have the SOCRATES program that helps students with STEM classes. There is Anatomy Lab that has models galore and a suitcase where every bone in the body can be touched for the kinesthetic learner. There is a separate room for one-to-one Chemistry Tutoring, which was a lifesaver when I had to take Organic Chemistry. The Math Lab has tables separated by coursework with tutors that excel in that level of math for group help. It is also stocked with every math book used and it's answer book along with full explanation on how to work the problems out for the more keen to working alone. The Philosophy department picks a Philosophy Peer Tutor every semester who is charged with helping philosophy students with their questions about the coursework along with assistance in writing philosophy papers for the first time. The Philosophy Peer Tutor does not take the place of the Professor, but is there as further assistance. There is a Writing Center for students who need that extra direction and guidance on just writing college papers. A student who fails a course here at Miami Dade College really only has themselves to blame. Miami Dade College excels at assisting its students succeed.