Miami University-Hamilton Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Miami University-Hamilton

Olivia

I love Miami University-Hamilton. It is great to have the ability to attend an accredited university without paying the price of one. The only thing I would say that is NOT absolutely wonderful about Miami-Hamilton, regional students are treated second rate to Miami-Oxford students.

Virginia

Haven't been there super long yet, but from what I've experienced it's a very nice place, the people are welcoming and helpful. The professors are available and there are always people to answer questions. The academics are challenging to keep you engaged and interesting.

Haley

I love Miami Hamilton! The classes and instructors are fantastic. The professors always make themselves available. There are tons of extracurricular activities to join. I love being able to get lunch in the cafeteria and walking upstairs to the library to study. My favorite thing about Miami Hamilton is the small campus.I feel like I know everyone on campus, and can have a real relationship with my classmates.

Chloe

I love the campus, its a commuter campus and there is a lot going on during school hours on campus which isn't common for a regional campus there is also a ton of ways to get involved. The food is similar to some of the options on the main campus which is also great. Professors are easily accessed and amazing.

Angelo

It is a great school , people who care and watch out for you and important stuff that students need they provide. They make sure that everyone is okay who ever they can help they will help you they are caring people a great staff and also provides the best.

Angelo

A great college Miami Hamilton is they care so much and do so much for you that you wouldn't believe it. They come so prepared for the down falls students have to face and they make sure we don't have to face them alone. It's an amazing campus very peaceful very educational, cultural and vibrant I love it.

Lyric

Miami University Hamilton campus was way better than the Oxford campus. It was smaller and full of non-traditional students, so I felt like the education was more important than the 'scene' of being at college. Oxford is clique-y and very much a party school, while Hamilton was all about the educational experience. If I could've gotten my degree just at the Hamilton campus, I would've been much happier for it.

D

MIAMI UNIVERSITY HAMILTON CAMPUS COLLEGE MAKES FALSE PROMISES ! – 1601 UNIVERSITY BLVD, HAMILTON POOR VALUE MIAMI UNIVERSITY REGIONALS MISLED THIS VETERAN.. AS THEY DIDN’T PROVIDE ADEQUETE HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY BACCALAUREATE DEGREE, AS PROMISED ! MIAMI UNIVERSITY HAMILTON TOOK VETERANS G I BILL FUNDS AND MADE EMPTY/ FALSE/ MISLEADING PROMISES, AND DIDN’T DELIVER THE QUALITY PRODUCT [THE RIGHT TYPE/COMPLETE EDUCATION REQUIRED TO GET A JOB] FOR WHICH THE VETERAN PAID. POOR INTERNSHIPS FOR HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY NO JOB PLACEMENT ASSISTANCE FOR HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY NO CO-OP WORK STUDY PROGRAM FOR HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY. - – I SPENT 4 YRS AT MIAMI UNIVERSITY HAMILTON, AND GAVE THEM ALL OF MY GI BILL MONEY, AND MY GRANTS AND MY LOAN $ FOR TUITION ! I WAS IN THE 1ST GRADUATING CLASS FOR HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY BACCALAUREATE DEGREE, UNDER CATHY BISHOP AND DONNA EVANS. THEY ALL TALKED ABOUT HOW EASY IT WOULD BE TO FIND JOBS IN HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY,.. BUT THEY NEVER PUT FORTH ANY EFFORT TO PROVE THAT THERE WAS ANY TRUTH TO THEIR CLAIMS !! AND I’M NOT ALONE,.. I’M NOT THE ONLY MUH HIT GRAD WHO CANT FIND A JOB ! THEY JUST TAUGHT THE BASICS OF HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/EMR PRINCIPLES,.. THEY DID NOT COVER ANY OF THE ACTUAL JOB POSITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS, TITLES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, THE LOCAL HOSPITALS, HEALTH FACILITIES OR COMPANIES, OR ANY OF THE TASKS AND EXPECTATIONS OF OBTAINING AN ACTUAL JOB IN THE HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CAREER FIELD !! I GUESS THAT AFTER 4 YRS OF SEEKING, I’VE CONCLUDED THAT IT IS SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE TO GET A HIT POSITION W/ MY MU DEGREE [SO MY HIT DEGREE IS WORTHLESS, AND MY TIME AT MU WAS A WASTE!).. SO I MUST FIND WHAT ELSE I CAN DO [GOING BACK TO MY SKILLS BEFORE I ATTENDED MU] ! FOR-PROFIT COLLEGES LIKE MIAMI UNIVERSITY HAMILTON HAVE PREDATORY AND DECEPTIVE PRACTICES THAT HAVE EXPLOITED HARD-WORKING STUDENTS WHO SIMPLY WANT TO FURTHER THEIR EDUCATION. MIAMI UNIVERSITY HAMILTON DOES NOT TEACH ENOUGH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CLASSES TO BE KNOWLEDGEABLE ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO GET A JOB IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY !! MIAMI UNIVERSITY HAMILTON USED THE SO-CALLED MANDATORY PRE-DISPUTE ARBITRATION CLAUSE REQUIRED FOR THEIR STUDENTS SIGN TO ENROLL - [WHICH WERE VIRTUALLY UBIQUITOUS IN ALL FOR-PROFIT COLLEGES ]. I TRUSTED THEM TO KNOW MORE THAN I DID ABOUT HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND IN GETTING A HIT JOB,.. BUT THEY DIDN’T!.. THEY LET ME DOWN! AND THEY DID NOTHING TO ASSIST ME ! THEY DIDN’T EVEN PROVIDE THE REQUIRED EPIC CERTIFICATION, WHICH IS NEEDED FOR ANY HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY POSITION ! THE REGIONAL DEANS [DEANS CATHY BISHOP & MIKE PRATT] NEVER GOT INVOLVED AT ALL IN PRESENTING ANY OF THE DEAN’S LIST AWARDS! I HELPED THEM FORM THEIR STUDENT VETERANS GROUP, .. BUT THEY NEVER EVEN GAVE ME AN INTERVIEW WHEN I APPLIED TO THEIR [PAID] VETERAN’S REP. POSITION [WHEN THEY FINALLY GOT ONE EST’D] ! MIAMI UNIVERSITY HAMILTON DOESN’T / DIDN’T DO ANYTHING TO ASSIST W/ ANY JOB PLACEMENT .. AFTER PAYING THEM ALL OF OUR GI BILL MONEY AND TUITION ! All that MIAMI UNIVERSITY Regionals cared about was getting money!.. Billing was always quick to jump on you if your full tuition wasn’t paid in the 1st week of the semester!.. but I NEVER rec’d ANY JOB PLACEMENT ASSISTANCE, or any INTERNSHIPS, etc. ! I was never able to get ANY job interviews for any Health Information Technology positions based on my Health Information Technology Baccalaureate Degree from MIAMI UNIVERSITY Regionals !! I didn’t even receive all of the training that was required for a Health Information Technology position!! NOT ONLY CAN I NOT GET A JOB IN MY DEGREE FIELD OF HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DUE TO LACK OF TRNG IN I T CLASSES AND EPIC CERTIFICATION, BUT ALSO THE MIAMI UNIVERSITY WONT EVEN GIVE ME AN INTERVIEW FOR ANY OF 10-12 JOBS THERE FOR WHICH I APPLIED ! .. [ INCLUDING THE VETERAN’S REP. POSITION, EVEN THOUGH I HELPED THEM FORM THEIR STUDENT VETERANS GROUP AND HELD A VETERANS JOB AND INFO FAIR AND FREE LUNCH EVENT THERE AFTER GRADUATING!) [Customer feedback provides the opportunity for businesses to be better.]

Lydia

Miami University- Hamilton is a fantastic community that is filled with the hopes and dreams of all of the students as well as faculty and staff that are willing to go above and beyond to help the students achieve their goals in any way that they can. It is a great institue.

Kaci

It prouds itself as one of the best colleges in ohio, however it prouds itself by riding on Miami Oxfords name and popularity from what i can tell. The students are rather nice,however the professors seem a rather pretentious and act like they are too smart to casually explain their lecture when a student doesn't fully understand what is going on in the classroom. I used to love going to the calming cafeteria, however i would never serve the food to a dying prisoner on his deathbed, given the cafeteria is still up and running by the time anyone reads this message. It's truly a shame to see how downhill my college has become, but i hope for the best.

My overall opinion of Miami Hamilton is it's a small quiet campus with hardly any problems going on because it's a regional campus of Miami University. This campus has plenty of clubs to join and a few sports teams but the best part is how cheap it is compared to the main Miami campus in Oxford. There aren't any stores in walking distance unless you drive downtown or to the mall but we do have a bookstore and a cafe where we can buy food and Miami gear. The faculty here are always nice and helpful they want to teach their students and help them when there is a problem individually if needed. As a regional student, we can still go to the other two campuses in Middletown and Oxford and take classes there if we want for the regionals tuition price. The only thing about Miami Hamilton that I don't like about is how little the class sign-ups are for summer and winter and how there are not many majors or minors to sign up for.

Brandon

I had a great time but I think that's only because I had a great teacher in Ms. Michelle Lawrence while I was taking CCP classes during the summer. She was always accessible and I had a lot of fun in class. I overall had a pleasant experience and would recommend it to others.

Kaitlyn

There is absolutely no other college I would rather attend. I feel both safe and valued as a student at Miami. I love that there are multiple campuses to allow me to choose where I want to attend specific classes based on my commute and work schedule. I am completely satisfied in my school selection. I wish they offered pharmacy program so I would not have to ever consider leaving.