Oxford, OH
Miami University-Oxford

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Miami University-Oxford

Austin

Miami is your stereotypical rich , white party school. As a POC Miami can be really draining because the campus is not diverse in which the campus is 80% white. Miami has a strong republican presence so that was something to get used to in regards to me being very liberal. However with those cons being stated the academics at Miami are stellar , the professors are very supportive if you show the effort in class or if you at least participate. Miami has lots of opportunities for undergraduate research which is a plus when applying for grad schools. A big plus for me is Miami's commitment to study abroad. Miami does a great job with helping students find the right study abroad program no matter your financial background.

Myles

When old acquaintances asks me how my day was, I say "good" When they asks about my job, I say, "okay" When they asks about my vacation, I say, "fine" but when they asks me "How was college?" I say "It was great, I had so much fun being and I ready to go back for my sophomore year!"

If you are looking to take the high road and just drink your way through college, you are coming to the wrong place. Sure Miami is known to party hard, but they study a lot harder. No matter where you go to on campus you will see students everywhere studying. It's all about hard work and dedication, then you can celebrate afterward.

it's reputation for being a party, and preppy school, there's something to make everyone feel comfortable. I don't drink and I wear cargo shorts and I get along with the other students just fine.

Josh
Living It Up and Loving It Always

Living It Up and Loving It Always

Miami is a great place to spend four years learning, making friends, partying, and staying up late watching Netflix. While we may be a bit out of the way in Oxford, the campus community dominates the town and the college is the life blood of the city. You can't attend a "public ivy" for as little cost and with as much fun anywhere else, where academics are top notch, professors are here for the undergraduates, and faculty and staff are always ready and willing to help. I couldn't imagine having made a better decision on where to spend such important years of my life.

Kate
Beautiful Campus

The ideal college experience

Beautiful Campus

The ideal college experience

Stephen
Exellent

Its a great university i like the way the facility program is arranged also how the out look of the school is brilliant

Exellent

neny

The University has a very conducive study atmosphere and also has a lot of great and experienced Professors.

Students are very academic centric. I think this is fairly accurate.

Though most courses may come off as pretty difficult, they turn out to be exactly what students need because they give them an extra push to work harder.

Elise

I wish someone would have told me that freshman year is a good time to sign up for clubs and organizations. Your freshman year is the time you spend adjusting to the new environment of college life, and a great way to do that is to make friends. There are all kinds of clubs with people from all majors and ages, so you get many different perspectives from people potentially from all over the world.

Theodora

What I find most worth bragging about when I'm telling my friends at other schools about Miami University is the social life. There was something to do every night and there was someone for everyone to become friends with. Despite the fact that I felt out of place among many of the students, I made some of the best friends I'll ever make while I was there—friends I could talk to about anything from politics to my emotional well-being.

From my experience the best thing about Miami University is the size of the school. At about 15,000 undergraduate students, I found that walking to class meant seeing at least one person you knew and at least one person you had never seen before. It was easy to make friends, but not so small that everyone knew everything about everyone else.

Natalie

Miami University is a liberal arts school that lets students reach beyond what their major is, and discover more about the world around them.

If I went back in time, I would tell myself that you don't have to know everything; tiral and error will become your best friends. Going into college, I had a plan. I thought I would stick to the same study plans, join certain groups on campus, and have an easy four years. But, when I got to college, everything changed. My study plans didn't work for the classes I was taking, and the clubs i joined were not enjoyable. I finaly let go of my plan, and tried new things. It took me a few tests to get the hang of studying for college classes. After quitting clubs I did not like, I went outside my comfort zone, and made some of my best friends. So, I would tell myself to enjoy college and be open-minded to change. While trial and error are scary and unkown, they could lead you on the greatest adventure you will ever have.

When I brag, it has to be because of the class sizes. Smaller classes sizes lead to a better one-on-one relationship between faculty and students. Also, the small class sizes make it easier to ask questions during lectures and seek more help.

Miranda

Sometimes I feel a little trapped without living near a big city like I am used to.

I love the size of the student body and the campus is beautiful. It is also really easy to fit in with everyone being so accepting and nice. It helps the transition a lot when you are able to make friends so easily.

The first thing I would tell my highschool self would be to learn how to make friends and socialize. First semester is really lonely as it is because I chose to go to a school without anyone I already knew. It was hard for me to make friends and I stayed in my dorm alone and it became very lonely rather quickly. Next, I would tell myself to get into a regular practicing habit. As a music major, it is important to have a practice routine as to not get behind on the learning material. On the topic of habits, I would tell myself to create better study habits. I am the worst offender of procastination. Finally, I would tell myself to learn how to eat healthier and how to go shopping for your own food. I had to learn the hard way that the "freshman 15" is all too real.

Miami University-Oxford administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.