Miami University-Oxford Top Questions

Kayla

My school is best known for being preppy and stuck up even though that's not what is it like and that is not why I chose to go there.

Miami is best known for three things. 1. Not being University of Miami (which is in Florida). 2. A great business and education school. and 3. Ben Roethlisberger graduated from here. But we only really like to talk about the academic part of that while on campus because all in all, we are very proud of Miami.

Charles

One of only 15 schools in the nation that has a paper science program, Miami University is unique in that many employers in the paper industry seek out Miami graduates to work for them because of the prestige of the program. Miami also is the home to one of the most state-of-the-art engineering schools offering close to 20 majors in the engineering fields and working with the business school on the four engineering management programs offered.

Caitlin

One of my favorite campus traditions has to do with the almost 15{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of students who get married after dating at Miami University. We have the highest percentage in the nation! We have a beautiful building in our academic quad that we call "Upham Hall." This hall has an amazing archway and apparently if you kiss your lover underneath the arch, you are destined to be married!

Gabriel

Our school is best known for its business and education programs as well the hockey team.

Joshua

Miami is known for it's beautiful campus, with well-kept facilities and red, brick buildings. We have a world-renowned business school, with many companies seeking to employ our graduates. Also, we are usually in the top five teams in the nation in hockey, year in and year out. The hockey games are the most attended campus activites, and there is always a packed house. You can join fraternities/sororities, club or intramural sports, or get involved in campus activities. There are lots of restaurants and bars here, and the uptown scene on the weekend is great.

Allie

The business school at Miami is fantastic, however, my school is know for it's elite level of undergraduate education. Miami University was ranked second to Dartmouth in last year's rankings for Best Undergraduate Teaching.

Eric

Miami University is best known for its strong academic environment while the professors are constantly available to work with as well. The university has excellent programs that a person can pursue a degree in. Included within these programs are the latest updated technology services to help better serve the student. The social environment provides a great place for people to engage with different kinds of people while doing a variety of things. I was able to grow in relationships with all kinds of different poeple not only through playing basketball but through various organizations and events. It was excellent.

Jodie

Our school is best known for it's strong academics, it's Greek life, and it's local community.

It is best known for its business school and being a highly rated university.

Megan

Focusing on the academics, Miami is best known for its exceptional School of Business, as well as its vast acceptance of international students. Miami also works to ensure that the students feel prepared and comfortable in sculpting their college life. Now, we all know we don?t pick a school strictly based on academics. Miami comes complete with the beauty of Oxford and an area known as ?Uptown? where students can let it all go with some great food, karaoke, or painting some pottery.

Arjun

Miami University is best known for its business school: The Richard T. Farmer School of Business. It is consistently ranked as one of the top 25 business schools in the nation by BusinessWeek. Other than the business school, Miami is best known as being a public Ivy League school. It is considered a public Ivy because of its lengthy, but extremely beneficial Liberal Arts requirements known as the Miami Plan. Also, the professors here are extremely helpful, knowledgeable and really want you to succeed as a student.

The ability to get a job after graduation.

Mark

The Richard T. Farmer school of business, ranks in the top 20 nationally, top 5 for public institutions

Ellen

Being preppy, which is true, but also for its good reputation

Kirsten

The academics probably, especially it's business school. It has an anti-grade inflation policy which makes it appealing to graduate schools even which lower grades. It is also well known for being a pretty campus

Partying, Ben Rothelisberger, Hockey, Academics

Amy

Either being highly conservative or hockey. We are also known for our high academic standards and being one of the original 'public ivys'. The students at Miami work hard and play hard. During the week the librarys and extra class rooms are filled with students studying. During the weekends, the bars are packed and you can hear the noise from the frat parties throughout campus. It is a good place to be if you are career oriented but enjoy kicking back on the weekends.

Alice

My school is best known for it's Greek Community and good academics.

Ben Roethlisberger, 'J Crew U,' Public Ivy League

Caroline

our school is known as J Crew U, or the place where people are rich, white, good looking, stuck up, and spoiled

Sara

My school is best known for being beautiful. Robert Frost once called it the most beautiful university of all. The trees, the red brick buildings, the georgian architecture, the crisp difference in seasons that southern Ohio experiences, and to an extent even the students themselves all add to the allure that the campus provides. It is a culture of beauty, for better or for worse.

Michelle

Academically challenging environment with a traditional "collegiate" experience.