Miami University-Oxford

« See more reviews of Miami University-Oxford

What do students complain about most?

The main thing that I hear students complain about is either homework, finals, or signing up for classes. The first two I shall dismiss without a thought because, well, homework and finals are a part of college--whether you like them or not, it's a part of ongoing education that you won't be able to escape no matter what you do, so. But the signing up for classes? I can't even. I believe I've stated in a previous answer that the times for people to register are not posted clearly. I don't think that signing into Blackboard, then Bannerweb, then selecting a thousand and one different options just to find out your registration time is a simple task. Us students aren't asking for much--maybe an email or two reminding students when their registration time actually is--apparently that's too much to ask for. Not to mention that as people only get forty eight hours to sign up within that first registration time is not long enough. I can't speak for other students, but as a full-time student who also maintains a full-time job, I don't always have the time to put into signing up for classes within that small window, and I can only imagine that other students who are just as busy as I am, also feel that way. A process such as registering for classes shouldn't be so difficult, and many students at Miami feel that way.

Students complain the most about the weather here in Oxford, Ohio. It can be very wishy-washy... meaning that one day could be absolutely beautiful and the next it could be raining or sleeting or snowing. It all just depends! Ohio weather can be a little dramatic.