Miami University-Oxford

« See more reviews of Miami University-Oxford

The thing I brag about most is the rich traditions that exist at my university. Since Miami has been around since 1809 we have many fun traditions and days that we celebrate as a university. I will always remember bonding together as a student body to celebrate our bicentenial. We also have a lot of pride in our hockey games and people will even camp out in order to sit in the front row for the big game. We may be a small campus but our student body always bonds together in order to show our support for world issues.

Miami University provided me with an excellent and challenging education that prepared me for the world after graduation. The professors and courses were challenging and forced me to think outside of the box on a daily basis. I was encouraged to reflect upon myself and to follow my own path. I was faced daily with many challenges and then required to face the rewards or consequences of those decisions. Miami University shaped and molded me into the woman that I am today.

I usually first brag about Miami's beautiful campus. From the wooded scenery to the brick buildings and streets, it will forever be my little piece of Heaven on Earth. Then, I brag about my amazing education that I received at Miami. I like to tell people that in the 2013 edition of America's Best Colleges, U.S.News & World Report ranks Miami 3rd among the nation's top universities for its commitment to undergraduate teaching. I'm proud to be a Miami Redhawk.

What I find most worth bragging about when I'm telling my friends at other schools about Miami University is the social life. There was something to do every night and there was someone for everyone to become friends with. Despite the fact that I felt out of place among many of the students, I made some of the best friends I'll ever make while I was there—friends I could talk to about anything from politics to my emotional well-being.

How much fun I had while at school! Miami University of Ohio has great sports programs, where it's FUN to be a spectator. It has graduates like Ben Roethlisberger in the NFL, and Ron Harper in the NBA. It has a quaint "uptown", where shops, restaurants, and bars line the street. And the fact that poet Robert Frost described Miami as "the most beautiful college there ever was" all contribute the Miami's uniqueness.

The attractivness of the students, and the social scene. The Greek life is so predominent on campus that it is hard not to join a fraternity or sorority, but there are plenty of other ways to keep occuped and have a great time if you don't. There are also plenty of groups and club sports to keep those active who do not wish to pursue a varsity sport.

I don't brag, the only thing good about it is that it is stated to be a school with a good reputation, and more college students that graduate from Miami average their first salary based income at $50K+. This is not true, they are more concerned about image, the college environment is very vain and narccissitic, and is the least diverse school I know.

The campus is beatiful and the people who come to Miami are gorgeous. But I also remark that Miami is known as J-Crew Univeristy. Everyone is wealthy. But the colleges at Miami are well known and it's called a Public Ivy. The education received is one of the best for pubic schools, and most of the professors are nice and easy to get along with.

Miami has awesome research programs for undergraduates. I will be doing undergraduate research this next summer as a Freshman which is pretty awesome! They also have an amazing study abroad program that is very helpful and pushes for the chance to learn in another country. It is pretty awesome to have these two very amazing oppurtunities.

I love the dorms, they are wonderful, spacious, and new. The food at Miami is top notch, you couldn't ask for anything more. They have food for every style and price. The campus is gorgeous! Trees everywhere, close to nature for outdoor lovers, but also close to big cities, for urban lovers. There is something for everyone here at Miami.