Miami University-Oxford

« See more reviews of Miami University-Oxford

If you are planning on attending Miami University make sure you are responsible, committed and willing to work hard. You must be dedicated to obtaining your degree by attending every class, studying in the library, taking notes on class lectures, attending optional extra class-related activities and knowing your professors. You should be active and interested in trying new things as there are fantastic extra-curricular activities. There is sure to be something for everybody from volunteering, to broomball to Greek life. If you are interested in volunteer opportunities I highly recommend Circle K Club International, a branch of Kiwanis!

Miami University at Oxford is for students who desire a fantastic quality education in a major university with a campus feel that seems like family. The dorms lead to a community experience. The campus is fabulous, beautiful old trees and classic brick buildings. The classes are challenging, strategic and thorough. Campus life holds wide variety and diversity. The students from around the world bring a rich wealth of experiences to the class room and dorm life. The food is amazingly good. Any person who is willing to reach for their very best could find Miami the right place to land.

A person who is independent, diligent, able to hold their own under pressure, and wanting to strive above barriers should attend Miami. The proffesors don't extend themselves out to students often therefore, the students must approach. Miami also has a good reputation, "public ivy", therefore, one must be ready to work and loyal to their studies. It is also knonwn as a party school and I am sure peer pressure is high as well. I hope the students are aware of their goals and aren't pressured. It is also not the most diverse, but it provides growth opportunities.

I think many types of people can attend this school. There are tons of majors and even more extracurriculars. The school currently isn't that diverse, but that doesn't mean people of other races or ethnicities or cultures don't attend, and there are definitely resources and organizations focused on diverse groups of people. I know quirky art majors and hippie interdisciplinary majors, and I know ambitious hard-working business majors, as well as many other types of students. I think whoever you are as an individual, you can find your place here.

Miami has a reputation for attracting only preppy students but, I have found this to not be true. If the student has an interest in a naturally beautiful campus that has what I would consider the traditional college atmosphere about it then Miami would be perfect for them. If the student comes from a less wealthy family they should not be discouraged, because there are lots of scholarships and ways to finance their education. Miami is perfect for anyone with an open mind, and who is willing to try new experiences both academic and extracurricular.

Miami is a perfect fit for people who are confident to acheive for themselves, to hold true to their education, and not be afraid to socialize and go for anything you set your mind to. Miami is a place to acheive and learn and experience life and I think people who are willing and ready to take advantage of everything without being afraid should come to Miami because this is the place where your dreams are possible, the campus is beautiful and inviting, the professors are always there to help, and the people are genuine and want the same things.

I don't think I like this question. I could talk about the makeup of the students at Miami and say people should attend this school because they share the same backgrounds but that doesn't fit with my beliefs. I think we should strive to include more diversity in all aspects of our lives so we can learn from other experiences. The importance of cultural diversity is one of my most deeply held beliefs and I welcome new experiences. I think all sorts of people should attend Miami so they can share their stories.

Someone who loves to go outside their comfort zone and try new things. It is amazing how many different opportunities Miami offers. If you have the want to do something it is there for you, and the people involved will take you further than you ever thought possible. You also have to want to meet new people and make new friends because everyone is friendly and fun to be around if you put in the effort to do the same. We all want to help each other and it makes for a great place for new connections.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be interested in greek life. In most cases the person should be relatively conservative, have a trendy fashion sense. Drive an SUV or high end sedan. Be prepared to gossip or flash wealth. Academically the person should have good academic background, mostly in the B Plus or A minus area with moderately high SATS. It is a very good academic school for people who could not get into Ivy Leagues or Notre Dame and schools of that caliber.

The best candidate for Miami University is a dedicated student that is seaking a challenging and excellent education. A person that is determined, focused, and goal-oriented is the perfect student to attend this university. A student with an open mind ready to face any challenge, whether academic or personal, will succeed in their pursuit of an excellent education at Miami University.