Miami University-Oxford Top Questions

If I went back in time, I would tell myself that you don't have to know everything; tiral and error will become your best friends. Going into college, I had a plan. I thought I would stick to the same study plans, join certain groups on campus, and have an easy four years. But, when I got to college, everything changed. My study plans didn't work for the classes I was taking, and the clubs i joined were not enjoyable. I finaly let go of my plan, and tried new things. It took me a few tests to get the hang of studying for college classes. After quitting clubs I did not like, I went outside my comfort zone, and made some of my best friends. So, I would tell myself to enjoy college and be open-minded to change. While trial and error are scary and unkown, they could lead you on the greatest adventure you will ever have.

The first thing I would tell my highschool self would be to learn how to make friends and socialize. First semester is really lonely as it is because I chose to go to a school without anyone I already knew. It was hard for me to make friends and I stayed in my dorm alone and it became very lonely rather quickly. Next, I would tell myself to get into a regular practicing habit. As a music major, it is important to have a practice routine as to not get behind on the learning material. On the topic of habits, I would tell myself to create better study habits. I am the worst offender of procastination. Finally, I would tell myself to learn how to eat healthier and how to go shopping for your own food. I had to learn the hard way that the "freshman 15" is all too real.

Make sure you listen to where you want to go. Don't let your family steer you in a direction in which you may not want to go. And when you do decide on a school make sure that you have a network of other people from your school going there to ride share for long weekends.

I would advise any high school student to explore as many different areas of study as you can before determining your major. Talk to professors, take a variety of classes, job shadow various disciplines--take advantage of the ability to explore your options! Talk to career counselors about how your skills and interests align with various careers while you have the opportunity. It will be well worth it in the long run!

The college process wasn't easy. Trying to beat one hundred people to my counselor made my senior days very stressful. I was soaked up in the stress of getting everything in on time, and getting into the colleges I wanted and I never really took the time to enjoy the people and activities of my senior year. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say that there are people there to help, stop rushing everything and take a deep breath. I pushed myself so hard academically, trying to impress colleges even more, that senior year didn't feel much different than any other. I was striving to get as much scholarship money as possible and to get into a strong University to make me marketable for Graduate school. I wish I could tell myself that it is all going to work out because it is time for me to be happy doing what I love, and that the transition will be okay due to all of the support and help that I will receive. I am excited for the college life, but money will always be a worry.

Lee

Join the women's club ultimate frisbee team your freshman year! You didn't join until sophomore year and this team has been such a monumental part of your life - get that extra year in! You'll travel all over the country with the most amazing group of girls and make lifelong friends. You'll create a supportive network of open-minded, fun-loving, and hilarious characters. Also, explore all the different majors offered! You might settle on one of the well knowns like psychology or education but there are so many fascinating options out there. Go explore!

Craig

I would say have fun. Life is too full of worrying about what tomorrow might bring. I would say be dedicated. Make a choice on what you want to see yourself doing in 20 years, and find the ground stones that must be laid to form the path to that image. learn what strengths you have, and run with them. Use your best qualties and sharpen them into powerful and efficient tools that will build the kingdom of your life. Because this life is short, and if you have to struggle for vast amounts of time working for something that is painstakingly difficult to do the easy tasks, then it will not be worth all that time that could have been spent becoming great at what your already good at. And if the things that come easy have not yet revealed themselves, try new things. Search and discover unknown fields, step into places that land you outside your comfort zone. Because without discomfort there is no change, and without discovery there is no progress. Never cease to progress, never cease to discover. And be faithful in relationships, for no success is worth achieving without someone there to share it with.

Have a plan! I got my B.A. in English/Creative Writing. I then spent over a decade doing primarily financial work, uncertain as to what I would do with my life. Only many years later did I decide to go back to college and work on a Master's (in Architecture). So, while I knew that 'creativity' was a key, the manner of it was wrong. I guess I just didn't know what I wanted to do with my life (and, honestly, how many 18-22 year olds do?). So know what my ultimate 'end goal' should be, then having a plan for it would have drastically changed my life. Yet I don't live with regrets, either. My time in finance was a great education and I shall, some day, also work on an MBA to compliment my M.Arch.

Tia

I would tell myself that sometimes it is okay to fail as long as you do not give up. Not getting an A on one test does not mean that you are not good enough, it just means that there is always room for improvement. I would want myself to know that as long as you do your best, and you give it your all, you will always succeed.

Matt, when you get to college you're going to face some surprises and tough challenges. God is going to lead you to the Marine Corps and you need to follow that path whole heartidely with abandon. There will be times you want to quit - don't worry about it, it's good training and you'll get through it. Study hard, and when the opportunity comes up to study abroad somewhere for a semester, do it. If you don't, you'll regret it. The military will pay for it, so go and don't worry about losing traction. Just get the experience of international travels as much as you can because it's something your older self wishes he had done... Stay solid.

Denae

I would tell myself to not get wrapped up in the need to confrom. I learned a lot this year that there are so many different kinds of people that I can be myself and still fit in and make lasting friendships. I'm so happy how I handled everything from high school to college and there really isn't anything I would change. The only thing I can think of is just encouraging myself to be more adventerous and try to stand out more within my class and outside.

My advice would be don't be afraid to ask for help. Teachers,parents, friends, guidance counselors, school admissions representatives they are all there to help you. There may be times you will be overwhelmed , possibly thinking this is way to much money. I can not afford school. Will I have time for a job ? Who will help me? The answer is : only you can help yourself. Be willing to accept the changes in your life,research,ask all the questions in the world, everything you do is to benefit you. Trust your instincts. You will not regret choosing college over a minimum wage job. Stay motivated in your life so you can make a better future. Noone can tell you what to do. Take advice, lean on others, and only you can make the final decision.

Follow your gut feeling and remember that you will be happy wherever you go. You tend to put too much pressure on the small decisions, it is better to let things fall into place and learn as you go. Also, apply to any scholarships you can, college is expensive! It isn't just the classes that are expensive, it's the room and board, meal plan, books, travel expenses, and much more. Most importantly, ignore what others say. Even if you don't choose an Ivy League school, your school and education will still be great and get you far. You know yourself better than anyone else and comments from other people are irrelevant and may push you in the other direction. Follow your heart, listen to yourself, and get excited!

Looking deep inside, the life you truly wish to lead doesn't include fame, it involves family. Your aspirations of becoming a star stem from a complete lack of faith in yourself to follow through on anything, so you set yourself up for failure by choosing something nearly unobtainable and unconsciously putting no real effort into it. What you desire is stability and happiness and the means to create a life where you build and maintain strong relationships with the people you love. There are creative paths in fields that you have never even contemplated, so keep an open mind and don't close off. Start slow, take it one day at a time, and trust yourself- you are smarter than you know, you just need to believe in yourself.

Go to college almost right away don't drag your feet. Take the time to look for scholarships. Better yet, find a job willing to pay for some school, apply with FAFSA, AND find scholarships. This was my mistake by not doing them.

Zoe

This first semester at Miami University, has been a hard one. The most important advice I would give myself as a high school senior was to drop that honors chemistry class because it cause me so much grieve and heart ache. I would tell myself to take the easier way and take a normal chemistry class because medical schools don’t care whether or not honors courses are taken, but what the GPA of the student is. Also, I would tell myself not worry and stress so much about money and scholarships because at the end of the day everything came together just fine. Another word of advice I would give my high school self, is to stock up on easy to make foods in the dorm room because it would have saved me so much money this semester with the food prices at Miami University being so high.

I would tell myself to develop better study habits. Studying for exams in college is a totally different world than studying for exams in high school. I had to quickly find a way to study efficiently without constantly staying up until four in the morning. I would tell myself to sleep more because it helps you do better in class. And lastly I would tell myself to put myself out there more, I'm not shy and never have been but making friends at a brand new school can be difficult so if I was more bold and put myself out there a little bit more, making friends would be easier.

Embrace college with every chance you get. This school is an amazing experience a chance to start over and follow what you love. Don't think that you don't belong here or that you can't succeed in art because when you get there you'll realize that no matter what the outcome, you are going to spend four years learning about something you love.

I would tell myself not to worry so much! It is more important to soak up new experiences, meet and bond with new friends, and break out of your comfort zone than to stress about work all of the time. That being said, I would advise myself to separate work and play. Living at school was a difficult aspect for concentration; socialization and concentration don't mix very well. I would tell myself not to sell myself short, and to remember that even when it doesn't feel like it, my hard work is paying off.

Eleesha

Consider all possible majors and career options. Buckle down and get te work done. Procrastination happens but don't make it a common thing.

The best possible advice I could have given myself as a high school senior would be to not feel stressed about what I'm doing for the rest of my life. Allow yourself to make mistakes, but learn from them. This includes allowing yourself to change your major or take classes outside of it. It is ok to pursue things that you are intersted in, and overall you will be far happier having those experiences than if you focused on one thing the whole time. Not allowing yourself to experience everything college has to offer is the biggest mistake you could make. While in college you have all the resources imaginable at your fingertips, use them. This includes the libraries, labs, and most importantly, professors. Professors aren't there because they love the pay, it's because they love their field and want to keep studying it along with the students, not just teach it to them. You learn with the professors, not alone, leave that pride in high school.

Dear Mike of 2011, At this point in time you are likely caught up in the euphoria of senior year – whether this be due to the sensation of finally graduating after four years of hard work, the stress of AP test preparation, the mad college application dash, or the endless workload. Regardless of what you are doing now, I urge you to take a break and read what I have to say – it will make your coming years not only easier, but more enjoyable… With your faculty planned high school schedule, you have little need to concern yourself with time management. College, however, is a much different place. If you remain unpracticed in time management, you will inadvertently make your first years of college more difficult than need be. Among the best advice I can give you is to treat college academics like a job. Otherwise, the separation of your academic and personal time will begin to blend. Don’t let college consume your full attention. Yes, it is important, but consider some advice from yourself: manage your time and create a balance in your life. You’ll discover a more disciplined, productive, and relaxed self. Sincerely, Mike of 2013

Surayya

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would've told myself not to worry so much about how many extra curricular activities I was in, or what color my prom dress was, but to seek out more scholarships to help with the heavy financial blow of a college education. I would have told myself to take community college classes to lessen the burden of those general education classes my first two years of college and to spend more time on the Miami University campus, even though I fell in love with the campus at fist sight. I would congratulate myself on all of the hard work I'd put in thus far, but encourage myself to work even harder. I would have told myself to be more aggressive in my summer job search, and learn as much about being independent as I could before beginning my college career.

You think that you're ready for college. You think that you're ready to move out of your parent's house forever. You think that you're ready to independent and to not look back. But, nothing will prepare you for your college transition. You will have to be brave and have the confidence and courage to just enjoy the ride. It will be tough. Embrace the change with a smile. You'll struggle with the course load at first but you'll get the hang of it. You'll miss your parents, little sister, and dog more than you think you will but they'll send you "care" packages and make the trip to visit you here and there. You'll meet many new people and at first you'll feel lost but dont' worry, you'll find the right friends soon enough and they will become life long friends! Don't take a single minute of those 4 years for granted. Everyone says that they fly by and they sure do! Study hard and stay focused! It will pay off. Get involved and do your very best every day! Good luck!

Just relax and pray about it! Too often during college did I worry or get stressed out about exams or my future. You’re going to be successful, make friends, be on the dean’s list, and find your passion. You’re going to have fun, make mistakes, try new things, and be challenged. But don’t let the struggles get you down. The anxiety can turn you into an unhappy, frustrated, and judgmental person. And if you can’t be happy with yourself, you can’t be happy for other people. You already know you want to dedicate your life to serving others. Keep in mind that in order to be a light for others, you must first be fulfilled yourself. If you want people to see God in you, take time to enjoy the weather, listen to your heart, and pray for guidance. All things happen for a reason though you may not know it at the time. All you can control is the moment you are in and you must be thankful for every moment in your life that you are granted.

Dear Self: I cannot stress enought the importance of the things you will learn in the next several years. You will learn that pursuing your dreams is life defining, and incredibly difficult. You will learn that no matter how important money is to you, without it the options you have will decrease dramatically. You will learn that simply having options is what provides you true freedom, and allows you to take advantage of your opportunities. You will learn that connections are more important than talent, that great marketing is more important than a great product, that being an employer is preferable to being an employee, that reason always trumps faith, and that no one can match your patience and ambition. These lessons will be instrumental in defining who you are, and you won't want to trade those lessons for anything. My advice to you as you head into making these transitions is to keep an open mind, to always finish what you start, to deal with the difficult and intimidating things first, and to keep your work above anything else. Take time to discover what interests you. You may encounter some real surprises. - Your Future Self

Noah

Take advantage of everything Miami has to offer. Get involved early and soak up as many experiences as possible.

Mitch

First I would say to take more pictures with your friends because those are the only way you'll be able to preserve those memories. I would explain that studying in college actually means doing a bunch of practice problems note just simply looking over notes, so that I would know what to expect. Other than those few things I would say don't worry too much life is always going to continue on and stressing out about things won't help change the current of the river. If you can't reach a certain destination that you wanted then it is more than likely that there is a better destination waiting for you farther downstream.

Maura

The first piece of advice would be not to stress too much about my college decisions, because in the end I made the right choice. Second, I would tell myself to prepare better for college. To utilize my older sister and learn about her college experiences, good and bad. To pack all my stuff sooner. To not wait until the weekend before I was leaving to buy college supplies. I would have told myself that although everyone talks about college like it was a crazy wild party all the time, there is a lot of school work that needs to be done as well and that in the end it's more important have fun while doing your best academically. But most importantly I would tell myself to talk to everyone. Meet as many new people as possible. Don't try to pick your best friends out in the first week or two, instead hang out with lots of people. And while you are meeting all these new people, I would tell myself to not lose sight of who you are. Don't try to do exactly what everyone else is doing. Be unique. Be yourself.

To take the ACT earlier and to relax about going to college.

Dawn

Hey Dawn! It's me - yourself - 20 years from now hoping to provide you with a little guidance with regards to some of your current choices. I know that you are facing many decisions in unchartered waters, but I am here to provide you with some insight. I know that you are deciding which college to attend. Make sure that you pick a school that is right for you - not the right school according to mom and dad or where your current friends will be. You will be happy at a school that is right for YOU and I promise you will make many new friends there. Once there, don't worry about choosing a major right away. Take many new classes so you can explore what you want to do and how your career will make you happy. And most important of all, make sure to always be true to yourself and your morals. When all is said and done, no one can take away your beliefs, values, or morals from you. Remember to always believe in yourself and trust in the decisions that you make. Be proud of who you are and be strong. Good luck!

Self... Let me clue you in on some of the trade secrets about college life and making the transition. Since you will be living at home, you don't have to worry about isolating yourself from your family. Commuting back and forth to school each day may seem like a pain at times, especially of you need to fill up the car (by the way, don't expect gas prices to not go above $3.30 as late as you think they will), but the end result of this will be that you will get to meet a wide assortment of people that have been living in the area and did the same thing you did by going to college locally. As far as studying goes, there will be times that you won't be motivated to do anything but sleep and lounge around and pushing off the work (something that is also not good in searching for scholarship). This will only lead to negative results in your final grades your first full semester in. Don't think the habits from high school will help you get very far here. Absolve yourself to be committed, and you will succeed.

Do not wear your lanyard around your neck!! This is a no-no for some reason. Also, do not dress up for your first day of class... try and focus on just being comfortable or wearing jean shorts and a nice top, you want to look nice. Get to know people in your dorm and get involved in at least one thing your first year! Enjoy your weekends, but make sure you don't lose control... it's hard your first year because you have so much freedom, but use it wisely!

The first month of college is rough. You will be mixed into groups of people you can’t relate to, overwhelmed by your course load, unenthused by parties and drinking and confused about your role at the university. Just remember to hold your head up high, keep your faith and don’t let others influence your decisions or morals. Eventually you will find your niche, make friends that will be your bridesmaids, travel around the world and call Miami University home. Upon graduation from Miami you will cry and wish it wasn’t over. Years later you will reminisce and wonder if you will ever have as much fun as you did in your college years. So enjoy every minute, soak up the memories and just be you.

Gabriel

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself that college involves studying and not just doing homework. I would tell myself that in order to do well in college I need to form lasting study habits that involve more than just doing the work. I would also note that college campuses are large in comparison to high school. Teachers will not necessarily know if you are having trouble and that you will need to proactive and seek help when needed. As a high school senior it seems like you are on top of the world, but college is a new and different experience. Those who really succeed and maintain high gpas are those who spend two hours of studying for every hour they are in class. It seems like it's just a saying but in all actuality it is the honest truth and one way or another every student figures this out eventually. Don't however, forget to have fun. It's the start of you becoming more independent and should be enjoyed even if that means occassionally blowing off a night's worth of studying. Social engagement is very important in college.

The transition from highschool to college can be a difficult one for many new college freshmen. For me, the biggest challenge was getting accepted to my top school, and not being able to go. My parents decided they weren't going to sign for my student loans. Seeing things in hindsight, I realise there are things I could have done to help lessen the burden of the loans. I only applied to a few schools because I had only been able to visit a few schools. Some applications I just didn't send in, even though they were waived. My best advice for myself as a highschool senior (or any rising high school senior) is to find a school that offers a program that excites you. When you can read about it and your heart starts racing, that's the school for you. Don't be afraid to visit other schools too: always apply to safeties. Send in as many free apps as you recieve. If you don't like the school, you can use the "reward money" to barter with other schools. And finally- apply for as many scholarships as you are able. That is my advice to you.

If I could go back and tell myself something in high school, it would definitely be to study more. You don't realize how much more free time you have in college, seeing that you are only in class 3 or 4 hours a day. That being said, it is harder to balance your school work and your social life, at first. In high scchool, you are in class so long every day that most of your studying and work is done for you when you are there. In college, this is not the case. There is so much more going on: tons of different classes to choose from, lots of ways to get involved on campus, and lots of new people to meet, not to mention getting used to your new surroundings. It gets a little overwhelming at times, and if you aren't careful your grades can suffer from it. I would tell myself to get prepared for this aspect of college, if I would have had the chance. Knowing how to balance work and play would have saved me a lot of stress this past year.

Allie

I've always heard that hindsight is 20/20 and I would say that is unequivocally true. I went to one of the nation's most prestigious high schools, the Illinois Math and Science Academy, a boarding school in Aurora, IL. In order to attend, I decided to bypass my freshman year of high school. However, despite the fact that I'd always been successful in my educational career, in high school, I struggled more than I ever had before. If I could go back and speak to my high school-self, I would tell myself that everyone struggles and it is through our failures, shortcomings, and challenges that we learn more about ourselves. We learn how to persevere, how to ask for help, and how to surrender. I thought that struggling was equivalent to failure and couldn't find a way to believe that everyone, at one point or another, fails. No one is perfect and no one was expecting perfection from me at such a young age. I would definitely take the time to tell my younger self that struggling is a part of life and learning how to recover from failure separates the strong from the weak.

alexandra

If I had the opportunity to converse with my former high school self, I'd tell myself to remember that college life and real life are not created equally. One may be book smart but that doesn't make one street smart. When you learn to merge college life and real life seamlessly you will know the best of both worlds. I'd remind myself that grades are not everything; college is about learning, not an empty letter grade. Knowledge in and of itself is worth its weight in gold. I'd encourage myself to improve my time management skills. Most importantly, I think I would tell myself to learn as much as possible and never take education for granted.

Dear Ashley, You are such a strong person, and you have great morals! Don't let others define who you are, and if someone tries to influence you in a way that isn't how you usually are, then step back and reevaluate the situation. You are going to college to get an education, and friends/socializing are just a by-product of attending such a wonderful university. But don't forget to relax and have fun! Get involved, stay healthy, and be true to yourself. Love, Your future self

My high school self was an unsure and self hindering young woman. The selection of a college was lengthy for me, drawn out by periods of second guessing myself and sometimes flat-out avoiding the decision at hand. I was so caught up in leaving home and entering a time of uncertainty that I found myself dreading the transition. I thrived on being a big fish in a little pond in high school and unlike many of my friends, I did not fancy the idea of entering a new community .The elements of moving away from home, enrolling in intimidating classes, and having to start all over were daunting but they challenged me to become a stronger person. I realize that attending Miami University is a privelege, and I should have treated it as such. If I had the chance to travel back and meet with myself, I would assure that timid girl that she is more capable than she ever imagined. I would tell her that life is too precious to sell oneself short, or to doubt how much she can accomplish. You cannot grow as an individual if all you ever do is stay inside your comfort zone.

Katy

Testing on behalf of another entity.

My course's do not start until February, although, I would like to explain what I hope to receive from my college experience. I am an older adult re-entering the job market and my job experience has varied through the years. I have been everything from an waitress, to telephone operator, but without a college degree, the jobs I was able to get never provided the security and wages I hoped for. With a associates degree in Medical Office Managment, I'll be able to get a job in a growing field where my age is less of a problem, while also receiving a higher wage. Also, at the online Univerity I'll be attending an externship (in my local area) is provided by the school, I won't have to worry about starting in a new field without work experience, and I can also continue my education, while working.

So far my college experience has challenged me to think about issues and diverse subjects that I thought held no relevance to me in my profession as an educator. My Educational Leadership class showed me that issues from racism, to gay rights, to sexism will affect me and my students personally because we will have such a diverse group of people in our classroom actually having to deal with those issues themselves. Furthermore, I already learned a lot about myself. That I can pass Statistics even though I'm bad at math, I can enjoy a Biological Science course, and that I can continue to grow at my university and discover who I am and what I can do. It has been valuable for me to attend because I have learned so much about myself and what I will and can do in the future. My university shines light on all the opportunities I can and will have in life, and it has given me the confidence that I can take on anything. And that is one of the most valuable things a college can do for a student.

One eighth of my college experience is under my belt and it has been enough to define several things for me. First, the anxiety I felt in choosing "the" school that would be the best for me has been totally removed. Miami University at Oxford is just right. My decision was excellent. As icing, I recently discovered that outsiders rate my school as one of the very best in the USA. Second, the anxiety I felt about the major I selected has also evaporated. I am pursuing a career in architecture. This semester has affirmed that my mind and my skills are more than adequate for the requirements. I am near the top of my group so far and it seems normal. Third, I was anxious about the size of the school and how I would fit in. But again, the campus layout, the dorm sizes, the unbelievable food and the rich community have calmed down all of my fear. So far, my total experience has led me to a place of inner peace, confidence in my preparation, my common sense and my judgment. My trajectory now is forward, upward and onward and that is absolutely priceless.

I have had such a great time expanding my knowledge about subjects I want to learn about, delving deeper into my faith, and meeting some new and amazing friends. The college experience has been everything I wanted plus more. I have been able to experience living on my own and not have rules. Instead I was forced to make my own and adjust to live on my home. Miami has challenged me in a way school has never had before. In the past I would get good grades without trying I am now being truly challenged to learn and understand the information, though it is hard I have loved every minute of it.

After one semester of living and learning at Miami University in the Oxford community, I have learned more about myself than in all four years of high school combined. Since coming to Miami, my self confidence has soared. Being successful at living away from home, making friends in a new environment, and making good grades in the honors business program at my school has instilled in me the confidence to help others. I have joined an organization called Clubhouse where underprivileged children from neighboring communities are bussed to Miami for tutoring, supper, and interactions with positive role models. My experience at Miami has been a really great time; I've met new people and learned about the world around me from so many perspectives already, but its true value to me is that it has inspired me to reach out to those around me and share my gift for learning with others, to give underprivileged children the chance at success that I've attained and they deserve.

Fred

My college experiences so far have been profound. It has taught me so much about my degree, but most importantly myself. I have been given a chance to see who I really am and I concluded that I am "Fred Denver Coulson III", one of the most unique individuals you will ever meet. Sure, college has made me a little bit more into myself but what is wrong with that? It has given me the confidence and power to know that I can do ANYTHING because I am Denver! There is no other one like me, no matter what people say. College has been so valuable for me to attend because it has allowed me to see how I am in all situations. I have seen how well I can handle business and social work at the same time. I know this may seem like a weird thing to find so valuable but I am so proud to know what makes me who I am. And who I am is Fred Denver Coulson III because I have learned that I am way to unique to try and describe with adjectives. Adjectives are so high school. This is college.

Wilson

Although my college experience at Miami-Dade College had just begun, this experience was one of those few that I'll never forget. This experience is unforgettable because I have learned so much from the classes that I am currently taking so far, as well as how the professors are friendly, how they care deeply for their students' potentials, and how they interact with the students as a whole. In addition, this college is a valuable college to attend because the campus environment is a welcoming place, with lots of friendly professors, staff, and students. What I've got from this experience is that the world is vast, as there are lots of new things to learn and try out, that there are people who are there for you that tell you that you have the potential to do something in life and that you will succeed.

Jannell

I have gotten the experience to meet other people from different lifestyles and different backgrounds and it is valuable to me because it is an experience that I will never forget or regret and hope to continue.