Michigan State University

« See more reviews of Michigan State University

My classmates are very helpful and willing to help another peer succeed. This is especially notible when we're working in groups, or when we're required to participate in online grouo discussions. They help me to see different perspectives aside from my own which broadens and shapes my learning of that certain subject or issue that the professor is currently lecturing about. They also form study guides which the entire class of 200+ students create which helps a lot for exams!

At first it was scary for me to walk into a class of 500 without being nervous. I slowly started letting my guard down and opening up to the people around me. I am so glad I did this because I started making friends right away. Everybody was so friendly anytime I had a conversation with them. I have always been a shy person, but I acquired more confidence as the semester passed. I even formed study groups with some of my classmates, which helped boost our grades in the class.

Everyone that I have met at Michgan State University is very friendly. Coming in to MSU I didn't know what ot expect and I was scared of making friends. Yet, within a week on campus I met some of the best people I could ever hope to be friends with. In my classes, many people are willing to help me with homework and projects. I have yet to meet anyone who is downright rude. I also love the diversity of cultures and people on campus. I am so proud to be a Spartan.

Like I said before, there are students of all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds all over campus. No students should feel out of place. I guarantee there are 50 more students in your situation and you can befriend them easily through groups or clubs. During the winter, everyone wears sweatpants and hoodies. During the spring, its all about the shorts and T-shirts. I would say that most students come from a middle class family, such as myself.

I have encountered a few racial experiences living in East Lansing. Black/African American students would feel the most out of place at MSU with the class ratio being 1 Af. Am. to every 50 White Am. Different types of students do interact some of the time, but it is not common. Four tables of students, one table with Af. Am. students sitting together, one table Asian Am., and the other two White Am. Most students' parent are financially well off.

Until you get to the bar, it is hard to find parties with different ethnic groups partying together. MSU is prodominantly white, so you may have the token minority guy in most frats or the group of 3 black guys that stroll into a party. The parties are not as diverse as the campus, which is a shame. Beware: The 'brimstone and fire, you're all going to hell, jesus preacher" outside of Wells Hall, just leave him be.

Not one classmate is the same. They are all different. I have only ran across a few that enjoy going to classes as much as i do. Many students sleep through classes they dont like while others are actually playing on facebook during class. Basically the class room tends to be organised into sections: sleepers, people who play games and talk throught the class time, and people who actally come to class to learn.

about 40,000 people attend MSU. i CHALLENGE you to not get along with any of them. you'd have to try really hard. people wear what they want to class. me, i'm a lazy guy. pajamas, sweatpants, hoodies, jeans. some people like to be more classy than i (which really doesn't take much effort) but its really up to you. and no matter what you wear, you probably won't stick out. unless you're crazy.

My classmates at Michigan State were awesome. Everyone was helpful in more ones than one. Some of my classmates are still my friends til this very day, and we still look out for each other as far looking for jobs, attending weddings, etc. It is best to find classmates with the same interests that you have. It will make your time there fly past, and you will have learned a lot in the process.

Because of the diversity and size of Michigan State, there is no specific personality type that this school caters to. There are many different types of people and unless you are part of a hate geared group such as the KKK, I doubt you would feel out of place here. However, it is important to be outgoing, meeting people can be tough if you let a shy personality prevent you from making friends.