Michigan State University

« See more reviews of Michigan State University

There are so many different groups of students at our school, it's extremely diverse. Anyone can find a club they are interested in. You can make this school as large or as small as you want. There is ALWAYS an opportunity to find something to do on campus. It doesn't matter who you are, where you came from, or what you hope to achieve, you will always find something that is up your alley.

My classmates cannot be described as one group but rather as many unique individuals in their own right, from the kids you never see in class to the ones that over achieve, and in the mix you find the partying frat boy who knows everyone and the girl who looks like she is going out to a Hollywood party with Paris Hilton everytime she comes to class.

MSU is so large you can find every type of person here. Greek life is huge and its a good time. I am not Greek, however, I would be if I wasn't a transfer student. Find what fits, there are so many organizations you can join. Students wear everything from PJs to heals to class. If its 3pm I suggest not wearing either though. Its tacky.

During any period before a quiz or exam and for any out of class assignments, I receive numerous e-mails from classmates that want to meet up in the library and create a study group. Students here want help from others to succeed, and in turn, want to help others with what knowledge they have so that we all benefit for the better.

My classmates were diverse, funny, and interested in both academics and social life. I could meet people from all over the US and the world. I had friends who lived at home and friends who lived in frats and friends who were married with children. I had friends who played varsity sports and friends who used wheelchairs.

Classmates are very receptive and willing to help others. You may even find that some of your classmates will ecome life long friends! Although the larger classes make it more difficult to form close relationships, it's all a matter of putting yourself out there and reaching out to others.

We have an insane study abroad program (both students leaving to study elsewhere and international students coming here to study). NO ONE would be out of place at MSU for this reason alone. We are all pretty excepting people. Even the extremest groups are tolerable of others.

I think most people would feel comfortable at MSU. We're slightly more left wing than right wing. Most people just wear jeans and a tee-shirt to class. I've never personally seen someone being harassed for their race, gender, sexual preference.

They are absolutely the most hardworking, dedicated, passionate, intelligent, insightful, kind, fun, helpful and respectful individuals I have had the pleasure of knowing since my beginnings at James Madison College at Michigan State University.

My colleagues are diverse in the sense that some are fraternity members, some work two jobs, some teach or assistant teach, some come from wealthy backgrounds, some are also in the military, on-campus/off-campus/with parents, and so on.