Michigan State University

« See more reviews of Michigan State University

My school is in the midwestern Big Ten Conference, so we are definitely known for sports, especially football and basketball. On the academic side, we have a lot of business and science majors. We also have international students from six of the seven continents. There are a lot of cultural events and organizations on campus, as well as a campuswide effort to "Be Spartan Green."

Michigan State University is best known for its size as well as its diversity. Coming into Michigan State I was expecting to make all kinds of different friends and that is exactly what I have done. In the outside world I would have never expected to meet anybody other than African Americans but here at Michigan State I have come across some of every type of race.

My school is very well known. People know of my school for athletics, especially our football team. We are known even more widely for our academic programs. The political program here, James Madison college, is among the top programs in the nation for what it does. Over 90% of the students graduating from this program get jobs straight out of the program.

I think it's a combination of our sports programs and certain academic programs. Our basketball team is top 10 in the country and our football team has gone to bowl games for the past 3 years. Also some of the academic programs are national ranked and they would be our veterinarian school, the agricultural college, and our criminal justice program.

I would honestly say that Michigan State is known for partying. Everytime I am asked about my school the first thing people ask is if there is a lot going on there or when they used to visit their friends they alway had a good time, this is often followed by telling me a story about something crazy that happened when they visited my school!

My school is best known for our fantastic programs, such as James Madison College, Lyman Briggs College, the Collge of Music and the College of Education. Michigan State University is known for giving students the best possible education to prepare them for the job world, instead of simply preparing them for tests and grades.

There are so many things here at State that I love but I guess my favorite tradition would have to be every day there is a football game. It is tradition to have tailgating parties and activites to do before you go to a game. IT is always a fun time and many students love the atmosphere before, during, and after a game.

To the general public, our football team is what we are best known for, but to the scientific community, in addition to our physics research at the Nation Supersconducting Cyclotron Laboratory (NSCL), we are also the home to the discovery of Cisplatin, which has become a vital constituent to the fight against cancer.

It is best known for it's Eli Broad College of Business and for having professors who are passionate about what they teach. Many of the professors would go out of their way to make sure you understood what was discussed in class. If not, they would setup after class study sessions.

Michigan State University is known for a couple of acedemic programs including our Veterinary Program, Agriculture, and Teaching Program. Also in recent years Michigan State has begun to be known for it's Athletic Program, especially Men's Basketball.