Michigan State University

« See more reviews of Michigan State University

The one thing that frustrates me most about my school is how hard it is to get into the nursing program. I am a sophomore this year and I have been working at William Beaumont Hospital-RO for two years, and I love the career of nursing. I would love to get my degree in nursing at MSU but it is extremely discouraging when they only take 60 students a semester and there are over 44,000 students who attend. There is a great need for nurses, and I just wish they would accept more than 60 students a semester.

I would consider the transfer program to be the worst part of Michigan State University. While I am extremely happy at MSU, I had a very hard time actually transferring. I had a 3.49 GPA after my first year of college and a strong application, but MSU told me I didn't have a very specific math class, so I could not transfer. I took the class, but then the transfer councelor refused to return my calls. The situation ended up working out, but it would have been easier if not for the one transfer counseor.

The worst thing about Michigan State University (MSU) is its size. MSU is one of the biggest schools in the country--both in number of students and geographic area. While this size provides amazing opportunities (the campus has its own supercollider) and many chances to meet new people, if makes it really difficult to get to know people as more than simply an acquaintance. The geographic largeness also makes for a lot of walking--which isn't fun in the rain. Luckily, MSU has a very good bus system.

The worst thing about Michigan State is how expensive it can be. College is going to cost money, anywhere you attend. But attending a Big Ten school can be a bit pricey. As tuition continues to rise its going to become even harder to make ends meet. It's frustrating to be in a place you love so much, and to be experiencing so many great things, being exposed to great professors and classes, all the while having to worry about how you're going to pay for everything. Money complicates things.

Michigan State University has many interesting programs, a wide variety of activities to join, and great professors but, on the downside, the campus is enormous. I went to Hackett Catholic Central High School, a school of roughly 350 students a year, so the school was very small. I had trouble my first year at Hackett finding my classes, so getting around at Michigan State is going to be a challenge. There are thousands of students at Michigan State University, if they can do it so can I!

The worst thing about the school is dorm food. The school does not offer a lot of whole food options besides elementary salad bars. Being a nutritional science major I know it's important to consume generous servings of fruits, vegatables, and whole grains. While the campus does offer some of the basics, like apples and bananas, they lack the diversity of these nutrient dense foods that are required for active and healthy students and primarily stick to salted fried overcooked meats.

The worst thing about my school is the bus system. .At Michigan State, the buses do not run as regularly as the buses do where I am from. There are some buses that come every 7-10 minutes which is not bad. However, there are some buses that come every 20 minutes. During the winter, many people take the buses and as a result the buses are usually crowded. If you are in the back of a long line waiting to get on the bus, you may not be able to board the bus and you have to wait longer.

The worst things about my school is my politval perspective I wish I played a high school and was involved more in sports therefore I would be in a consistent family group and not always the individual and I would be more competitive and more aware have more money due to scholarships. I would be more acceptable inte community i WOULD LIKE TO BE APART OF dUE TO i DIDN'T PLAY ANY SPORTS IIN HIGH SCHOOL BECAUSE i DID NOT KNOW THE VALUE i FEEL LIKE i MISSED OUT ON SOME OPPORTUNITIES

The worst thing about my school is, well I do not know it to be true but I am not sure that Teaching Assistants who are required to to teach a class to graduate are properly taught to teach. And this as crippled me multiple times when I was stuck with a T.A. who knew very much about the subject but not very much on how to take their knowledge and give to us in a fashion that would no only allow us to learn the material but to apply it later on throughtout our college carrer.

The worst thing about Michigan State University is that it is so big of a school that it is easy to become just a number instead of being a valued student. The school is known as being a very large school, not just population wise but the campus is big as well, so with issues like finding help with class or getting involved with campus activitites can be hard. Also knowing where to go to get help or involved is an issue I struggled with my freshman year.