Michigan State University

« See more reviews of Michigan State University

The worst thing about Michigan State University is the cost of tuition, for me. It's the worst part because I don't come from a family with very much money. I grew up in Texas until I was 13, and then attended high school and the end of middle school in Okemos, Michigan, which is a very wealthy community though my family wasn't wealthy. It's hard to pay for tuition even with the amount of aid I receive and the number of jobs I work.

The worst thing about MSU would be, from my experience, the grading from the professors and TA's. Most grade extremely tough and don't take the students views or interpretations into consideration. From my prospective, all they care about sometimes is the fact that they are getting paid. They are good about office hours and one-on-one, but they care about themselves and don't take all the students needs into consideration.

The worst thing about my school is the ability to be felt like a small spec in a every so big world. My school is huge with multiple thousands of people, but yet I still am alone and have no real friends here. Most of the people I somewhat interact with are into drugs and alcohol and so I do not hang out with them outside of school. I have yet to find people to hang out with that do not use drugs or alcohol.

The size. MSU is such a large and diverse unversity that it is easy to feel out of place and disconnected. As someone who is not particularly social this lead to lonliness and even depression at times. The size is managable when the university is considered as a compilation of multiple colleges but most of these are not residential schools and so there is little connection between students.

Student employment is kind of a joke once you get into it. There are opportunities available, but the cafeteria for instance goes through students like crazy. Their turn-over rate is too high, and cafeteria service and opinion of it suffers because of it. Students shouldn't be used just for grunt work, or if they are, at least make it worth their wile by having decent attitudes.

The worst thing about my school is all of the people who think if you have a "pulse" you get in or it is full of drunks. It makes me angry because every college has alcohol and when you single out the college I am attending it infuriates me because I worked very hard through high school to make it this far and I am not about to sit there and have people rag on my school.

The worst thing about Michigan State University would be how much it cost to be a on-campus student. It's getting closer to $20,000 a year, each year. When you are a student who does not get a lot of financial aid, you start to worry more about the price of education more than the education iteself. It's even harder when you have siblings who attend the same school.

I would say the worst thing about MSU is the crowded buses and the fact that MSU is known as a party school. The crowded buses make it unmotivating to go to class and sometimes you can be late. The fact that MSU is known as a party school is the worst part because the school has so many opportunites for students that it is more than socializing and drinking.

The worst thing about school is the large lecture halls. I feel like I am just a number and I never raise my hand to ask a question because I feel i will make the other 400 people in the classroom mad. I also do not like walking across campus. The first week of school my legs hurt so bad I did not want to move. I did fix that by buying A bus pass.

The worst thing about my school is the required base level courses. The reason I say this, is due to the fact that I originally came from a two year institute. When transfering from community college alot of my credits didn't transfer, so this ment I had to take a lot of classes that I had already taken over again.