Michigan State University

« See more reviews of Michigan State University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

People think that MSU students party all the time and don't work hard in school. A lot of people think that just because someone goes to MSU, it means that he or she did not get into U of M. Both of these stereotypes are false. MSU is just as good of a school as U of M. The classes are very demanding and require dedication in order to receive a decent grade. At the end of the day, MSU students work just as hard as U of M students, but know how to have a better time once the work is done.

MSU Student Stereotypes: Only here because they couldn't get into Michigan They just want to party They aren't interested in academics MSU Stereotypes MSU isn't a great teaching institution They accept everybody Just a party school

Michigan State is stereotyped as a party school. This notoriety I think is somewhat aged, its nowhere like it used to be. The police presence here is rampant and students tend to balance their studies more now.

MSU puts an emphasis on business, journalism, and engineering degrees. It is less concerned about intellectual undertakings and the such. The student body is heartily filled with drunkards and party kids.

Some stereotypes about MSU is that there are a lot of parties and nobody hardly ever studys and that MSU students are majority rich, white students that come from privileged households.

I think some of the stereotypes is that we are all just party animals and maybe have it easier than other schools, such as our rival, U of M.

That we drink a lot, go out to parties/the bar a lot. That we have lower grades than U of M students, that MSU is not as good as U of M.

We're generally all alcoholics who barely get by in school because we party too much. All we do is cause riots and burn couches.

That its filled with kids who did not get into UofM. And that mostly everyone who goes here is from hicksville michigan.

we party too hard, we don't take real classes, it is easy to get in and get good grades