Michigan State University

« See more reviews of Michigan State University

Any type of person can and should attend Michigan State. I don't there is one person who has ever come to MSU and not been able to find a friend. No matter how much of an outsider one might think they are, there is someone at State who can relate. People looking to have the "typical" college experience of partying and being crazy can do that at Michigan State, but can still be successful too. People looking for a serious and top-notch education will get that at Michigan State too. It is a school of any and everyone.

Spartans are fun-loving, smart, sociable people. We love to get together with our friends, or make new ones. We support our teams and our fellow students. We care about the environment. We have definitive goals about what we want to do to help the world after college, but we live life to the fullest while we're in school. We give everything our all - whether it be in the academic arena or the social one. We are loyal and dedicated to our school and our friends. We are not scared of hard work.

The kind of person that should attend this school is one that is not afraid to try something new. I believe there are around 35,000 students per semester here, so you better be prepared to deal with a lot of strangers on campus, as well as the classroom. This school can get a bit rowdy on the weekend especially during football and basketball seasons. If your looking for a good time, and to accomplish something its a good school, because at Michigan State University you will recieve both.

Someone who can manage his/her time well. There is no one looking over your shoulder to make sure you are doing your work. You have to be very independent. Also you should be prepared to meet and live and work with people from all over the world. It is a very diverse student population. The campus is contained within a large area and there is a lot of walking to get from building to building. Someone who is attached to his/her car will not enjoy having to leave it far behind!

The type of person that should attend this school is one who is goal-orientated but still wants to have fun. The school itself offers a top rate education, with all the resources necessary to succeed, but its up to the student whether or not they take advantage of it. It is extremely easy to allow oneself to become detached due to the large campus population, and there are more than enough social distractions to bring someone down if they don't keep they're eye on the prize.

People who enjoy large open campuses and don't mind large lectures. The campus has a lot of great facilities and trails for fitness and exercise so people who love the outdoors and staying it shape would enjoy this campus. I believe that one should have an idea of where they want to go in life while attending this university because it is a great place to learn and has a lot of diverse degree choices but too costly to change ones mind about which major they want to study.

The type of person who should attend Michigan State University is someone who is looking for both academic and social opportunities. With Michigan State being such a large school, there are seemingly endless resources and organizations looking to help each student succeed in the classroom and with their future. The person looking at attending MSU should be someone who wants a bright future. There are constantly companies on campus attempting to recruit spartan students.

Honors students are given numerous opportunities that other students are not. I got to substitute interesting classes for my basic requirements. I got to be a big fish in a big pond, so my freshman year I got to do biochemisty labwork to further AIDS research - I synthesized a peptide derived from European bee venom that is similar in structure to the fusion peptide, which is how the AIDS virus infects healthy cells. Honors students should definitely attend this school.

I think that the kind of person that should go to Michigan State needs to be very focused and they need to have motivation to go to class and keep up with the work load. Without motivation, it is be hard to keep up with the rest of the people in class and your grades will suffer. I also think that the person needs to ve outgoing, there are so many people enrolled in Michigan State that it is hard to stand out, so you need to be outgoing and self confident.

Michigan State University is a great school for those students ready for a challenge in their class work. Students dedicated to their studies and ready to be involved in a great campus life should consider this school for their higher education. Michigan State is not for those people who plan on partying through college and sleeping through class. A person going to Michigan State needs to be able to balance their social and school life well.