Michigan State University

« See more reviews of Michigan State University

The apathy of a large portion of the student population. While the perception of MSU as a party school, among students, is greater than reality, MSU still possesses a large party-minded portion of its student body and these people reduce the quality of other students education. Beyond this many of the students in non-practical degree fields are not particularly motivated, possible a consequence of career field rather than university though, and this made the social science and communication arts schools (I am part of both) particularly lethargic at times.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the sheer size of the campus. It makes getting from class to class almost impossible. Yes, we are able to create our own schedule and plan out our classes, but with all of the organizations and clubs that people belong to, sometimes we have to schedule classes back to back thus sometimes only having 20 minutes to get to class. Usually this would not be a problem on any other campus, but since Michigan State is such a large campus, it is basically impossible to get across campus in the time allowed.

The most frustrating thing about Michigan State University has to be the size of campus. It is absolutely huge. I know that East Lansing has one of the most efficient and well-known public transportation systems in the country with the CATA Buses, but I am far too stubborn to use them everyday. If you are planning on attending MSU, it would be wise of you to bring a bicycle. The classrooms are spread wide over campus, but there is always a bike rack near wherever you are going. Probably part of the Go Green Movement we always hear about.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that because it is such a large university, it can sometimes feel like you don't matter, or worse, that you cannot compare to your fellow students. If you are struggling in a class, there will often be dozens of classmates that are all doing very well, and you feel very unintelligent compared to them. If you do go see a counselor to discuss what you are struggling with, often you have never even met them before, or they don't genuinely care about your situation, making you feel isolated.

The most frustrating aspect about Michigan State University is that after you sign the housing contract, it is difficult to terminate the contract even if the semester has not started. In order to do so, one must fill-out papers and wait a couple weeks to see if the committee in charge allows the termination. I tried this once already and they denied my request. Along with this, there is no number given to directly call the office, therefore direct communication is difficult to achieve. Instead, only a fax number is given.

I guess the only thing that really frustrates me would be the amount of money it costs to attend this place. My parents are divorced but I have to combine the income of both of my homes and the school looks at that amount to see how much assistance I am getting financially. I have 8 other brothers and sisters. My parents cannot afford to help me out with school, but the university doesn't realize this so I am forced to fund myself and take out loans; severely increasing my debt. Tuition just seems too high.

Well, like most schools, homework and exams can be very frustrating. But, that being said, nothing of value comes easily. I personally like the walk to all my classes although I know several who complain about having to walk 25 minutes to get to class. I can see how, for some, that could be a little frustating, but for peope with that problem there is always a bus pass option. Other than that, I love everything about Michigan State University, and I would recommend this school to anyone and everyone!

Almost everything about my school is great, the most frustrating this is paying for my education. Michgan State is a competiv school, so there are many students dying to get in with adequate funding. I was not given financial aid when school started, but before I came to school my father's job had a pay cut to half of what he was earning. This tragedy has caused major problems and could be the cause of me leaving MSU. If I had the funds, then nothing about my school would be frustrating.

The most frustrating thing for me at MSU was my first couple of months getting used to everything. I come from a town of 8,000 people, and MSU has almost 50,000 people. I couldn't figure out the bus system, how to get to and from my classes, and was overwhelmed with the size of my classes. But, after a couple of months, I started to get used to the size of the campus. Now, I know campus better than anyone that I personally know, and I absolutely love it.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is hard to do well in your classes if you have a full schedule. In my situation, I have classes at different times of the day, every day of the week and I would still like to have a job and work out on a regular basis. Not to mention my social life that I want to keep in tact with. It will be hard to maintain, but hopefully I will be able to go through with it.