Mid-America Christian University Top Questions

I wish that I could go back and discuss the future with past Nathan. First thing I'd say to myself is to stay focuse and not let the trouble of life get me down or sidetrack me. Next, I'd tell myself to get myself orginized. I've alway haad an orginized chaos about me. It is so important to get things straight so you know when and where things are do in college. I was not good at this during my first attemp at my post high school career. Also, I would let myself know how important it is to set aside a time to do study and complete homework. This has been one of the most important things in my suceess. Lastly, I would have to let my past me know that I need to get a support group. Whether it be friends or family it doesn't matter I just need to surround myself with people that will lift me and encourge me to be a sucess in life and not just live for the now.

Krysta

If I were able to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would strongly suggest working to fund my education; even if it meant working for a year, then attending school the following year. I would also urge myself to speak with high school teachers who believed in me in order to seek help in constructing effective scholarship essays for my education.

Cierra

If I could go back to being a high school senior, I would definately give myself some advice on paying attention. My parents had given me this advice and my grades were great. The transition, my first semester, my grade point average dropped tremendously. I then had to get back on board with understanding and climb that ladder once again. I now am becoming very successful in my school work and looking forward to the future.

Britany

the first thing I would tell myself is too keep money in savings for college. The second thing I would tell myself is to slow down. College's do look for excellent grades, and volunteer work, etc... But don't do too much. Don't overwelm yourself. Know when to say no. Organizatization and planning is very important when transitioning from high school to college. But do save time for family and friends. Take it seriously but have fun.

Keelan

I would tell myself that college is something to be taken seriously. You should really think hard about what you want to do for the rest of your life and not fool around with it because it will take you longer to get through school. You may go to school for something you have no interest in doing just to get a degree and end up wasting a lot of time and money. College can be really hard but it can also be an awesome learning experience. If you get free college your first two years, do not be an idiot and take it for granted, because you cannot get those two years back and you will end up paying for it in the end, and it is not cheap. So, be smart about it, choose what you want to do wisely and have fun in college but do not fool around and waste time, energy, and money. Make lots of friends and get an awesome education in something that is interesting to you, not just because you need a degree. The friends you make in college could become life long friends.

If i could go back to my senior year of high school, i would defintely tell myself to not be so afraid and trust that God has a plan for my life. Because my family is unable to help with the cost of my tuition, i am paying for it out of my own pocket, which almost scared me out of going away to college. I was on the verge of just staying home and attending the local community college. I would definitely tell myself that everything would work out and to go ahead and take a leap of faith and move to a different state because going away to college is the best thing that has happened in my life to date.

Sadie

I grew up in a very conservative Christian home and I was homeschooled for most of my schooling. College life is very different from my highschool experience. If I could go back in time and advise myself on living college life I would have to say be strong in your decision making,do not let anyone else influence the choices you make. Stand up for what is right and do not falter. "When you have done all there is to stand, stand therefore." Ephesians 6:13

When starting my first day of high school, if anyone would have told me that I would be a teacher, I would have laughed at them! If they would have gone even further to tell me that I would be transitioning into a university that was not even half the size of my high school, I would have walked away from them. But because I now have the opportunity of being a little bit wiser than I was when I began, and I realize what the more important aspects of college are, I would say two things: 1) STOP STRESSING! Stress is not worth your time. Even though your high school counselors say it is the most important decision you will ever make, I can gaurantee you that it is all the small steps in life that add up to be the big deal! and... 2) Love what you do! There are too many people that are living a pointless pursuit. They are not motivated and it is that much harder to achieve a goal that you have not set for yourself. You have to want to do this and you need to enjoy every minute afforded to you.