Mid-Atlantic Christian University Top Questions

Carmen

Stay encouraged and remain focused on YOUR goals. Don't allow ANYONE to distract you or deter you from reaching your goals. Try not to overload or overwhelm yourself. It is okay to say NO!!! Don't be afraid to fail and take a chance. You would be amazed at what you can accomplish if you just keep the faith and step out and take that chance. You are a lot smarter and stronger then you think. Not everyone who gives you advice, has your best interest in mind. There will be some people out there (family and/or friends) that will love to see you not succeed. REMEMBER... you are doing this for YOU and no one else. Lastly, find yourself a good church home, stay in prayer and read your Bible daily. You won't find encouragment from anyone else except from yourself and God! Good luck Baby Girl...You will make it!!

Thus far as a college student, my experience has helped me learn responsibility, independence, and dedication to doing my best academically. Additionally, I have developed more effective study skills as well as meaningful friendships that will last a lifetime. It has been valuable to attend because upon graduation, I will be a registered nurse, as well as have a bachelors degree in Biblical Studies. Attendance has also brought pride to my parents as well as to my older brother, as I am the first to attend a University. Further, with my father being disabled and having had a life changing surgery which saved his life a few short years ago, I strive to succeed and make him proud in all I do. Attending this institution has made me a better, more successful and responsible young adult.

It is important to not head to college focusing on having fun all the time. It is a lot of work and can be over whelming at times. Take time for yourself and just relax. Try your hardest and know that that is truly what counts. Also, do not procrastnate because it really will kick you in the face in the end. I have spent far too many nights staying up until 4am working on papers due that morning. It only brings a lot of stress on you and you may not be able to get a good grade because of it. At the same time, know when to relax and just kick back with your friends. Build good relationships because they will last a long time and continue to encourage you throughout life. Time management is something that you need to start at the very beginning of your educational career. Enjoy and work hard!

Clinton

Start practicing self-control. When you get to college there are so many opportunities to do fun and interesting activities, but there will be times when you need to put fun aside and be disciplined enough to do your work. Self-control and discipline are ESSENTIAL to having a successful college career.

sarah

If I could go back and give myself advice, I would have a lot to say. First off, I would say, make sure you know what you're standards are. If you don't have any it's going to be a stuggle to stay alive in college. Even if it's a Christian college you still need goals and standards. Establish these before you come so that when you get here you wont be tempted to back down and conform. Second, I would say to be prepared. You can't control what is going to happen but you can prepare yourself. Thirdly, I would say, keep your focus on God. He's the only one who can help you and get you through the tough times. . I have experianced this first hand and it's something I wish I could take back. Lastly, I would say, don't get innvolved with a boy. Friendships are fine but not relationships. they will only distract you and cause confussion and heartache. There is so much more that I could say but these are the four main things that I've learned and would want to warn others about.

BETTY

If I were to go back in time as a high school student, and knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition I would definitely put more time into my studies and take it more seriously especially the math. I believe that I would put more time into the math because it's just no getting around the math or the algebra, which is my challenge. It has been too long since I have been in school, I graduated from high school in 1971, two years later I got married and had our family of 5 children, and going back to school is not the same. If they had computers then I would have learned all I could about computers and software because there are a lot of papers to do and power-point projects as well. Knowing what I know now about college now , I would be more responsible with my finances realizing that college is expensive and to be able to even go to a University is a blessing as well as a priviledge that many do not get the oppotunity to be able to take advantage of, inwhich I am grateful.

Craig

I would tell myself to make sure that I kept a balance between a healthy social life and keeping up with schoolwork. This is a somewhat difficult transition when trying to get very good grades. While that is important, it is also vital for someone to create friendships while at college.

I would definitely tell myself to go out for more scholarships than I did. I'm not in debt as much as some, but I will have to pay off the few loans that I do have for a long time. My life now is nothing like I would have imagined in high school. I'm married now and own a home; in high school I thought that wouldn't happen for a long time. I would tell myself not to focus so much on trivial things and focus more on the long term goals. My school work should have come first, when often times it took a back seat to hanging out with friends. The simple message would be to stay focused; on my future, on my school work, and on my spiritual life.

Donna

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior what would I say. I would tell myself to hang in there. The world is not as easy as it may seem. Put your education first and guys second. I know that you do not want to listen to your mother and grand mother, but what they are telling you is right. You are to young to be ready to live the life of an adult. Foucs on school and get them grades up so you can get into college and make yourself and your family proud. YOur family really do love you and they want nothing but the best for you and your life. Do not let that boy take you down the road he has already taken hisself. The reason I am telling you all this is because I love you and what you are doing now will effect us both in the future. So listen and take my advice. If you do not change now it will only end up hard for you in the future. I know I am already in your future.

I believe i would say to my self stop wasting time playing around and procastinating about everything, and start working hard to make at least a 3.0 in all your classes. I will also say to my self that High School is not a place for meeting people, but is a place were you can get as much training as you need for you to be able to go to college and be somebody in life.

If I could go back and give myself advice I would tell myself to not be afraid of being myself in college. Other people have influenced me and slightly changed the way I am. I do not feel like the same person I was when I came to college. My attention to my studies has not changed, but my fun and spontanious personality has. I wanted to be accepted by certain people, so to do that I felt I had to change who I was slightly. In some ways the change was good because it helped me grow spiritually and others have helped me with that, but it was also bad because sometimes I feel like I don't even remember how to be my true self. I wish I would have had the knowledge this could and would happen before I came to college because it would have helped me realize sooner that the only friends I need are true friends who like me the way I am, not those I have to impress to be accepted by.

I would study harder and put more effort in my work.

Niktasha

Forgiveness is key to relationships and that without letting God run your life you will make a complete mess of it. But realize also that he is waiting there with willing and open arms to take me back as many times as i am willing to come back!!!! :-)

Emilie

Never allow yourself to get caught up in the social aspect of college life. Focus on God and his purpose for you, don't take anything for granted. Always remember where you came from.