Mid-Plains Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mid-Plains Community College

Loren

My overall opinion of Mid-Plains Community college is a very positive one. I love all the professors and teachers I've had; they're really there to make sure you're successful. Even if you aren't able to make their office hours, they go the extra mile to meeting with you when you can if you really need that help. Everyone, Faculty and Staff, are so warm and welcome- definitely making you feel at home.

Deborah

Academically this school is challenging but the instructors are willing to help along with free tutoring at the Student Success Center. There is a high percentage of athletes on campus so their is always a game to go to. When I was about to graduate and I was looking for scholarships to transfer to a four-year school I did not get much help finding any to apply for. I wish I would have receive more guidance in that area.

Mid-Plains Community College is a cost effective school that has excellent facilities, class, programs,and the sports are really good. The campus's are not very big so you feel safe wherever you are on campus. The college is very close with the community and they community is willing to do what they need to have students succeed.

Emma

It's okay but they run it like a high school. There isn't much to do and it is pretty boring. The teachers are good and so are the class sizes but there aren't very many clubs or groups to join. There are a lot of things that are only for the sports teams because just like the high school only the sports kids matter.

Erin

Mid-Plains Community College was a great place to start for me. Although we have faced some challenges with the Code of Conduct for certain students, I am sure they will do the right thing and set an example as to how students should be treated and show students that there is a zero tolerance for harassment.

Grace

Overall, not a bad stepping stone. If you live local, it's great. Otherwise, pretty boring and low-key. The people are nice, and sports are a huge deal because there's nothing else to do here. However, teachers and fellow students are great, and small class sizes make learning easy.

Kobe

I am a high school student who takes online classes through MPCC. I have enjoyed my experience taking classes through the college. I feel as though I have learned a lot and also had a relatively easy time doing it. I have not, however, visited the campus so my review on their campus life is not accurate.

Caprice

Most of the staff genuinely care about teaching their students. The housing on campus is pretty good, but the lighting in the hallways flickers for a solid 5-10 seconds before providing a solid source of light. Security at Mid-Plains, at least on North Platte's south campus, is a joke. One of my roommates reported hearing someone scream bloody murder and smelling marijuana (separate events) and was told that it was just college kids being college kids. A guy ON THE SECURITY TEAM stood outside our dorm for like 45 minutes looking through the peephole at our dorm despite not having any reason to be there. He was also caught looking through another dorm's window and watching a couple make out on their couch. Overall, this college is okay. However, they desperately need to step up when it comes to security.