Olathe, KS
MidAmerica Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend MidAmerica Nazarene University

TRona

The advice that i will give myself going back in time as a high school senior knowing what i know in college is to achieve my goals. Have a plan set out of what I or anyone else is willing to do. I will tell myself to turn in homework, have better study habits, work be involved and lots of activities. Do community service to be very active . I will make sure to get lots of sleep, and as well as trying to make sure that i am prepared in what i do for how long i am going to be in college. To have a basic understanding of what I need to achieve. To have a plan of what I want to become or do. I would as well tell myself to never give up, no matter how hard it is, this is something that I would to myself myself to push hard and achieve my dreams in not slack off. to get a degree and find a wonderful job, and start my career. in order to do that i have to make sure i am prepared and thats what college is here to help you with.

The best thing about MId-America is the community life style here, the environment, it is a beautiful campus, the people ar every friendly here, the academics provided here as well as the sports teams. Mnu has lots of diversity and faculty/staff here helps you too suceed and further your career in life and helps you to succeed on doing what you want to achieve in life. This campus provides chapel, it helps alot with helping you to understand God and showing lots of love prayer and support to the students nd really being here for eachother.

I believe that this is a great school and anybody no matter what should be able to attend i believe this would be a good thing for people because it is a wonderful campus and it is a very friendly environment. Anybody should attend it would be a great thing if everyone would come to this school, one the community, to two the environment, small size campus, church, the classes here are very excellent, the sports, pretty much anyone would be happy at this school they help you to succeed i believe anyone can succeed and follow their dreams.

If I were to give myself advice when I was a senior for what it would be like in college, I would probably say, have fun; but while you are having fun do not forget about your studies because what you do in college can and will reflect on you as a person and it can change your life. You are an adult now and it is time to start a new chapter in life.

I think the most frustrating thing about school is learning how to multitask in class along with taking great notes. It is hard listening to the professor while looking at illustrations on the board, and also writing them down to know it for future reference and for tests. While in your first semester of college you need to know what is the best learning for you. I know that I had to train myself to listen carefully to the professor and write down the big concept then go back in the book and review.

Kathryn

So, it's the beginning of your last year of high school! I know you are dying to get out of this place so you can move on and make a fresh start in college, but there are some things you should know before you dive head first into this new world. First, stop caring so much of what everyone thinks of you and trying to act like something you're not. Just be yourself. If the people you're around now don't like it, don't worry about them you are going to meet some awesome people in the next year who will embrace every part of you. Second, now may be a really good time to work on your study habits. You may think you have the whole study process down but trust me, that first math test in college is a lot harder than you think. Lastly, know that the next few years are going to go by fast! So stop sweating all the small stuff and surround yourself with the people who make you happy. Starting now, live life to the fullest and take chances! College is the start of one great journey.

Abbie

Participate in everything you can. Continue to be involved in FFA and church as much as possible. However, you should have got a job earlier than you did. Also, you should have started interning at the local vet clinic sooner. I would tell myself to not let technicalities hold me back, but to perservere and push through to the end. It will be worth the pain it cost. Be thankful for the time you have while you are under your parents roof. Don't take it for granted because life only gets harder and more complicated from there on out. Enjoy the little things. Ride horses whenever possible and make more time for friends.

I really like the spiritual atmosphere there. Everyone is very friendly and I have grown in my relationship with Christ. The spiritual aspects of school were extremely important to me when choosing the college.

People who are unwilling to respect the religious aspects of this school. It is proclaimed a Christan (Nazarene) school, therefore the people who attend should respect that.

I have received the joy of finding a campus that loves to serve God in a multitude of ways and being able to have professors that care about you and take the time to know each person in their class individually and by name. There is no better place for me right now then to be at MNU so that I can focus my attention on God and listen for where he wants to use me. I have also been given the opportunity to take a strengths finder test which has enables me to find out more about myself then I have ever known before. This helps me to understand more where I struggle and has also given me insight into my strengths and to my talents. This is something that I will be able to use and remember for the rest of my life.

There is not a specific type of person that shouldn't go here but if I had, it would be someone that is not open minded to Christian morals and values. Or motto is TO LEARN becauseLiberal arts in the context of Christian holiness calls for commitment to a life of learning. TO SERVE which is the pursuit of excellence is to be blended with Christlike compassion. TO BE whole meaning loving God with heart, soul, mind and strength. The journey toward wholeness makes every desk an altar, and every classroom a cathedral where faith and learning are blended together.

I brag that we are a servant school because there are so many opportunities not only to serve in other countries but in our own back yard, in our community. We also have times for chapel three days a week with a church that is also on the campus for us to use as well. There really is not better way then to wake up in the morning and go and praise God before your classes start. Last is that every professor will pray and/or do a devotion with the class so you can really tell that they care.

I grew up poor. I watched my parents’ struggle with money lead to their divorce. School is my only chance. I am on my way to becoming a Registered Nurse and having a B.S.N. School is valuable to me because it is preparing me for a meaningful career. I will be helping others and earning a decent living. This education means I won’t have to use welfare and food stamps like my parents. What have I gotten out of college? I have met so many friends and role models. My teachers have been amazing mentors to me. I am watching my life change by the day. My nursing program is expensive. I am surviving on Ramen noodles. Sometimes it is scary because I don’t know how I will pay for my next term. Financial Aid doesn't go far. I have been working since I was 16 but my savings are nearly exhausted. I know once I finish, this struggle will be worth it. I only hope my younger sister will be inspired and go to school as well. I am going to be a nurse. Just saying that out loud makes me happy!

Nice, but...Super-expensive. You better have a way to pay for school besides loans and grants. Big religious environment, Nazarene.

Samuel

It is very classy and a very nice place to go to school.

It is very classy and a very nice place to go to school.

It really is not known for very much, but it is known as being the small Nazarene school around our area.

It is helping me to become a better person and it will help me become better at my job after i graduate in a few years.

I have learned so very much, academically, spiritually and even about myself. it's been an amazing experience for me to be able to go to this school and to make these life long friends, the ones that if I were to ever need anything they would help infact, I had some health issues this past year and a few of the administation took me to my appointments as well as helped me pay for my medical bills. It was a huge blessing and something I know that would not be done my most college or people these days. It was awesome :D

Everyone is welcome and everyone is accepted here. we are a Conservative school though but it is an amazing amazing school

The community aspect and how the professors and administors are always there to help :D there is always somone wanting to help everyone. If every there is a need, the school, the teachers, the adminatratos are always there to help it's amazing and I love it

Molly

MidAmerica is known for its stellar sports teams (especially basketball), and for its amazing nursing and teacher education programs.

Dear Molly, You will be attending college in the fall, so here are some words of wisdom from your future self. 1. Be prepared for no privacy. You will be sharing a room, and there are a lot of other girls on the hall. They will want to hang out. 2. Be prepared for a lot more freedom. Mom will not be there to breath down your neck and tell you to do your homework. You must be responsible and prepare yourself for class, and not leave essays to the last minute. You will be happier if you write them in advance and not five hours before they are due. You can also hang out with anyone at anytime of day. Be responsible about this. 3. Be prepared to compromise. You have to pay attention to the wants and needs of others, so be considerate. You will also have to give up a few things so other things can be accomplished, like giving up theatre so you can go to work. Molly, you can do this whole college thing. It is not as scary as you think it is. Good luck! Love, Future Molly

People who can handle the routine of going to chapel two or three times a week, who know how to have fun without drinking or other "traditional" party fare, and people who want a good education in a Christ-centered environment.

MidAmerica Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.