Olathe, KS
MidAmerica Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend MidAmerica Nazarene University

Pamela

Ok Pamela, this is your one chance to make a good start at a promissing future for yourself. Don't get sidetracked with the temptations of outside life, the parties, the relationships. Make good choices and be a model citizen. Finish what you start, and don't postphone your degree as you will regret it. Do the best you can, and apply yourself. Your education will mold your life and form your path to the doorways of opportunity. Keep up with technology. Take notice of the world around you. Be a good citizen and treat others as you would want to be treated. Learn something new everyday. Help others learn when they are struggling.

It is fast paced, adult education - one night a week with others like me. I will be done with my degree in 50 weeks.

The driving distance is a lot. Also, lots of reading.

Macole

My classmates are engaged, helpful, positive, and fearless in the quest for knowledge.

Fortunately, I was a student with a parent who strongly emphasized the importance of education far before my senior year. If not for this integral component of my childhood, my conversation with my "senior self" would go a whole lot differently. I believe that senior year, especially without good mentoring, is quite early for a young adult to decide what they will do with the rest of their life and invest a great deal of time, money, and hope. I would explain to myself that faith is the one single thing that will lead you to and through the college experience. It is critical that a student have faith and understanding of who they are at their essence. In my situation, I am an artist who enjoys science, a quiet environment composed of community members who enjoy sharing ideas and information. I am also independent. I would advise myself to choose as school that shares the same core values as myself. I would communicate that excellence should always be the goal and that nothing is outside the realm of possibility. Last, but not least, I would say that everything must be done within it's right time. Remain patient.

Shawn

Geared for both the high school graduates and working adults.

Geared for both the high school graduates and working adults.

Shawn, I know you are a senior now and are eager get into the real world and begin working, but there are some things I want to tell you before you decide. By not going to college right out of school you will miss so many opportunities and experiences for yourself, as well as, with your friends. You will learn so much about life and grow as a person on your own at school. If you think you can take time off and will always be able to return, think again! Returning to school as a working adult is very difficult. You have bills and a career, not to mention a wedding to plan with the love of your life. Getting your degree will mean so much more to you down the road, something to be proud of, a great accomplishment. Going to school now will allow you to have a greater jump on your future. Go to college and enjoy your time as a student without the heavy stresses of adulthood, those days will come soon enough. Think of how many of your dreams you can rich if you start now!

Someone who does not like a fast pasted environment.

Kathy

Do not be afraid step out and be the person that YOU want to be instead of what anyone around you is pressing you to do. If you go away to school, when you come home for the holidays, do not expect everything to be just the way you left it. Your friends will change and dynamics will be differnt. Do not be scared. You will make it just fine. But know that the world did not stop while you were away. The world seems to move a lot faster when you are away.

This is a school for students that are looking for an education that works with all aspects of who you are and not just the downloading of facts. It is not the school for people that want to avoid forming life-long relationships.

I brag about how easy it is to talk to new people and how genuinely caring professors are. I have had multiple professors open up their home for students that are unable to go home for Thanksgiving, so that they may still have a Thanksgiving Dinner. Professors ask you how your day, week, semester, and just life in general is going. Beyond what is in the classroom. They are there for every student to help them make the transition into college and through tough spots in their personal and family life it you'd like them to.

well i guess the fact that it is a private christian university makes it unique in that we dont do things that secular schools do, but it also allows us to look at things in a different perspective. our professors are always allowing us to make our own decisions and they never force their opinions on us.

i would tell myself to apply to more scholarships becuase your parents are not rich and cannot help you and you are going to end up owing the school that you love being at money. so enjoy life just apply to scholarships

the best thing about my school is that everyone is so friendly and that it feels like a family. it just feels like home here and everyone is so accomodating and approachable. the professors always have their doors open.

Sydney

I attend a private University that is focused on its students both academicaly and emotionaly.

Stay on top of your work, and whatever you do NEVER get dicouraged! You can do it!

The school, bing private is extremely expensive, and being a single mom makes things hard.

Marlena

When choosing a college, there are many important things to consider. I will say that students and parents should look at the way people interact with each other on campus. People who are friendly, outgoing, accepting, etc. are people you want to be around. You will make friends that will last a lifetime. Also, look at the morals and values that the majority of the school holds. You need to consider what the best environment for you is to be in and around. You want to be around people who make good choices and decisions and who also learn and grow with one another. To make the most of your college experience, I would say get involved as much as you can. You need to find out what you like to do and how you can help benefit your school. You will have so much fun trying new things and experiencing things that will benefit you for the rest of your life.

The best thing about my school is the people. All of them are friendly and accepting. They make you feel like you are important and that you belong. There are many opportunities for students to meet new people and make life-long friends.

I think the worst thing about my school is how strict it is. We have a lot of rules to follow. I feel like the school is not allowing us to make our own decisions. We need the freedom to make decisions and understand the benefits and consequences from them.

varsity sports; high ideals; conservative beliefs

I feel parents and students should visit the campus together. If there are any concerns, feel free to ask. That is the only way you will know if the particular campus is right for you. Make it a point to check out the features of the college that pertain to the major chosen. I feel the students and parents should meet with the professors/ chairperson of the field you have chosen to study. This will give you a feel about how the professors relate to the students. Caring professors and staff make a great difference in how much the student can rely on them for help whether in the classroom setting or just be able to take personal problems to them, knowing they are available to help. A college experience should be very positive and rewarding. If it is not, the student will not be prepared for the work field or even life itself.

Caitlin

It is a small private school. They excel in both sports and acadamics.

It is a small private school. They excel in both sports and acadamics.

LOOK LOOK for scholarships and many different colleges and universities.

Small classes, how the professors care about you, and getting to know almost everyone on campus.

MidAmerica Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.