Middletown, CT
Middlesex Community College-Middletown

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Middlesex Community College-Middletown

Eric

It's not a bad school but the Office and Registration staff are not on top of their responsibilities. Most of the professors are very good at their jobs and take the instructions seriously. The grounds are both modern and slightly outdated but it is, however, a state-run school and Connecticut cares little for their community colleges.

It's not bad! Why not check it out for yourself? Any college can be an opportunity for growth. Community colleges are especially good at providing experience at a lower overall cost than private colleges. And while a prestigious university might look good on your resume, a community college is still a great starting point!

Selena

I think it is a great campus for students that need to save money on their education! While it cost a 2,500$ a semester the education is good and the professors are very reasonable. I am currently a second year student and I attend 4 classes every Tuesday and Thursday. Love the atmosphere on campus .

Jamie

I loved this community college. All professors I have had always responded to emails quickly. The class sizes were smaller and no one seemed rude in any of my classes. It is a small campus which I also loved because it makes it easier to get from one class to another without being late.l The library is really nice and I love the group study rooms. Each building (including the library) has a computer room/section that is accessible to students to get their work done/print in case they do not have these options at home/ off campus. I just love the sense of small community and how caring everyone is.

komal

Middlesex community college is a great way to start off you college experience. it shows you what you are capable of. yes students don't normally graduate from here but many start from here. most transfer after 2 years of study. finding a clique right for you is not hard to find, you just have to participate​ and be active in your academic life.

The campus of Middlesex is very nice and only continues to get better. From improving the overall moral of the school through introducing possible new benefits, like a gym, game room, enhanced café, Middlesex is on top in that regard. However, these benefits do not matter, when comes to the teachers and staff. Almost every teacher is pleasant to work. There are those small few teachers that can change your opinion about the school though. In August, my mom suddenly and unexpectedly passed away from Cardiac Arrest. She was 42 years old. She was not an unhealthy person and did not make bad choices. She just had a bad heart. Because of this tragedy I started the fall semester a little late. All of my professors were very understanding of my situation… Except for one. This one “professor” made my semester hell. I have been good at school and have always loved it, up until this past fall. Throughout all of my years of school, I have had some of the best, most caring teachers imaginable. This one teacher was able to change my entire mindset and outlook. I always thought teachers would do anything to help you succeed, wanted you to succeed, you could go to them when you need help, and cared about your education. This one Middlesex teacher proved these thoughts incredibly wrong. I went into this semester heartbroken that my mom had just passed away. I was dealing with a million new stressors each day, but I did not want to take the semester off. One night, I was having a really hard, emotional night. I failed a quiz, but I did not ask the teacher if I could make it up because I knew I should have better mentally prepared. I did meet with the professor and during our talk he told me “life happens. Everyone has hard lives. Everyone works a million jobs. Get over it” this really hurt me. It broke my heart and changed my total outlook on teachers. A few weeks later in the semester, my dad was having a drunken melt down and I missed a quiz completely. I asked the teacher if I would be allowed to retake because of my dad’s scene the night before, and he told me no. I ultimately failed the class. I have never worked with a teacher like this before. It is very surprising and disappointing that Middlesex has one, but maybe even more teachers that do not teach for the love of it, but for the pay check. Teachers should be there to help, not the ones pushing you down in a time of need.

Keziah

Middlesex Community College is a great place to begin first steps of your career. The classes are nice and small, so you can easily build a relationship with your teacher and peers. Teachers care very much to help you understand the material and achieve your goals. They also try and get you to step out of your comfort zone through public speech and group works. Students are friendly and focused making the search for a study buddy easy and exciting. The college has great features like the cafeteria with a variety of food and an amazing library full of incredibly organized sources. One of my favorites features is the validation of parking. Although it is quite a walk, parking is available for free, which is music to us as students. Overall, this College provides a decent foundation to build a future.

Meymey

is always there for me.

is always there for me.

Liz

Flexible hours, decent class sizes, ability to take classes off campus (ie online) is a huge plus.

Middlesex Community College-Middletown administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.