Midland University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Midland University

Randi

Midland is perfect if you're from a small town or small school. Midland has maybe 1300 students, so classes are always small and campus life is very friendly and open. There are also tones of varsity sports to play (I think 29 now (?)). Word of warning though, avoid Beagle hall, it does not have air conditioning and it sucks in the summer.

erika

Midland University is a great college! I will be a sophomore and I am really happy with my choice of Midland University. At Midland, I am not a number, but a student who receives guidance and help from my educators, classmates, and Midland's scholastic resources. Teachers also keep track of your attendance, homework, and test grades to make sure you are truly succeeding because they want you to reach your full potential. I also gain the feeling of a family environment. Since campus is small, I have been able to make life-long friendships and I am able to see them regularly. Through Midland University, I am also able to participate in many activities. I can partake in the ARTs, our 27 varsity sports, and our wide variety of clubs. With students being so involved, it makes living-on-campus way more enjoyable because there is always something to do. Another perk is only being 25 minutes away from Omaha so if you need to get away for a day or night, you are able to do so. There are going to be people who disagree with what I have to say but my advice is to keep an open-mind. I truly love Midland University and the way that everyone is friendly and supportive. I wouldn't trade any of my experiences at Midland University for the world.

Kiana

Overall, Midland University is a wonderful university with a family feel and a very caring staff. I was certain I would not be going to a small school, but once I visited Midland University, I was sold. The campus is beautiful, the people were genuinely nice, and everything is so accessible. The class size is 20-30, which allows your professors to actually get to know you instead of you just being a number. I have great relationships with all my professors and they care not only about my academic growth, but my mental, emotional, and physical growth as well. Midland makes it extremely difficult to fail, they offer so many free academic help options such as tutoring, a writing lab, a math lab, etc. Midland also offers so many extracurricular activities such as 31 varsity sports, intramurals, Greek life, various clubs, campus ministries, etc. There is something at Midland for everyone and everyone will find a crowd to fit in with. The staff are always so kind and ready to help students it seems unreal. Midland is constantly updating and redoing their procedures and buildings to make it the best possible environment for everyone on campus. I have no regrets about coming to Midland and would recommend Midland University to anyone and everyone.

I honestly love Midland University there is a lot available to us on campus and off. The professors are always willing to work with you when it comes to traveling for a sport. I am glad i had the option of attending Midland and I can not wait to graduation as once again A Warrior.

Renee

I think Midland University is a wonderful place for students who would like to enhance their extracurricular careers while working towards a degree. There are many opportunities for students who would like to being the the arts or athletics on campus.

Daniel

Midland university is overall a great school to go to. I had not even heard of this school until they started recruiting me for sports. The sports and arts programs are very big at this school, most people play a sport. I came here for the sports but I ended up liking the academics because the small class sizes and the teachers are readily available.

Tanalei

Its a great school and has many opportunities for students of all ages.

Denise

It's a great university if you don't like the fish bowl effect. Every professor is kind, encouraging and is willing to to take the time to know you and help you succeed. Also, the campus is small in the distance between buildings, so you don't have to rush. It's also large enough to have plenty of open space to just lounge around in the sun for awhile with friends.

Kristen

The school is small, great classroom sizes, but certain teachers do not actually teach, they do not answer questions and give you a book to he the teacher.

Serenity

I love Midland University! It is an amazing atmosphere and everyone on campus is very involved! Especially in sports! Very friendly environment and friendly people. I am looking forward to participating in their nursing program. I can't wait to meet the professors as well. Go Warriors!

Derrick

over priced, could use some upgrades in the dorms, trying to get help sometime is a challenge, not able to get a work study job and working outside is hard to merge sports and class time.

Maximus

At first glance I had never thought about going to midland, because I had never heard of it. After I started getting recruited for football I decided to go on a visit and see how I felt about the school. Upon going on campus I immediently felt welcomed and apart of the family every coach already knew me by name, and each person there came up talked to me shook my hand. The real beauty of midland is the people they have there no matter who you are and what you’re involved in you’re accepted into their community as their own. I highkey reccomend becoming a warrior with the new additions like IPads for every student and a new co-Ed campus dorm Midland is the place to be.

Kaitlyn

Overall, Midland is a really nice place to go to school. I really like the small size of campus, which makes it easy to meet people and to contact professors. I feel like the staff really cares about the students and how they are doing. Some of the facilities are a little outdated, but it's something that can be overlooked.

Helga

Midland encourages students to be involved in sports/e-sports, arts, clubs, or sorority/fraternities. The teachers know their students by name and will help when the students reach out. It's like a small community, where everything is available on campus. Teachers, classes, library, housing, food, and tutoring, all in walking distance.