Midlands Technical College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Midlands Technical College

Abegail

Midlands Technical College is a good college if you're looking for small classes and a cheaper way to get an associates degree. Midlands Tech is a school where older people can easily fit in and work with young students. Midlands Tech is a good school because the school offers night classes for people who work during the day and are ready to get school done but still want to work. Overall Midlands Technical College is a good college.

Logan

I think that Midlands Technical College is a really good school to start of as a first year student. It defiantly saves you a lot of money by taking your basic classes there at a cheaper price then you would at a four year college. Also the classes are a lot smaller and allow an easier transition from high school to college. I find it to be just a really great starting step into college and its campuses are really good. The professors are also very helpful and want to see you succeed so they are many opportunities to talk with them and get help with anything you need for your classes through them or provided tutors.

Mallory

At Midlands Technical College, the classes are very in depth and thought provoking. I have thoroughly enjoyed the professors and the availability of the professors. The class sizes are fairly small; around 15-40 students. This is the perfect amount of students in a class because one on one time is very important. The professors are extremely helpful and willing to meet you whenever you need help. There are multiple campuses and I personally love the Airport campus. Overall, I would suggest Midlands Technical College for anyone who is interested in a scientific field especially; the science classes at midlands are very challenging, but helpful during a specific degree.

Russell

It's good it has all the stuff we need but there needs to be more fun stuff students can do while on campus but it also can always be improved. Just like anything it can always be improved. To me there shouldn't be much room for error always keep improving cause keep improving till you think you're good. Reason I say not best is cause no one or things can be best at everything for there is always something/someone better than you/it.

Yuliia

This is my second semester at Midlands Trchnical College. I am very satisfied with learning process and ability to register for classes that fit my schedule. There are a lot of courses offered at various times and days of the week, so everyone can find something that is good for them. I am also enjoying an online learning software and access to databases. There is not much of a campus life activities, but it helps to concentrate on studying. Most people here are adults therefore mostly they are here to obtain a degree. I am pleased with my choice of college, especially knowing that a Nursing program I've enrolled in is one of the toughest ones.

Jake

This is a great school to start your studies, when you aren't ready for any reason to go immediately into a four year undergraduate school. It also is great for extra coursework or returning students who work while going to school. I feel that the money saved and time I needed to be ready to transfer to the University of South Carolina was very well met by attending Midlands. All of my classes will transfer, and I notice that many students are taking this route more and more. This was a great college first year choice for me!

Caitlin

Great school

Treasure

I love it.

Angelia

I love it here. The teachers are tough but very informative. Although the staff are a little slow sometimes. They still are always smiling and welcoming new and returning students to the technical college. Their are no dorms on campus but the atmosphere makes you feel right at home.

Chukwudi

I believe Midlands Technical College provides a safe institution for anyone to jump start their career and save alot of money. The classes are small and the teachers are very accessible. The learning environment is safe and the campus is very clean and safe.

Jonathan

I begin to freak out as Senor year comes to an end. The last thing on my mind was to go to a four year University not having a clue as to what to do in life. I decided to go to Midlands Technical College, desperately needing to come to a realization. I chose Midlands Technical college purely because of how cost efficient it is when compared to University of South Carolina. The opportunity to live at home, rent free, was given to me upon High School Graduation. This as well as attending an inexpensive college has helped me out so much financially. I knew ahead of time that Midlands Technical College was not going to be a great college experience, but I am grateful for the financial help they have provided. Midland Technical College is a safe camous given the security protocol they have in place. Being located in downtown Columbia, the college has nice off campus housing, and near by shops. While Midlands Technical College has decent academics, the class sizes are perfect. Most classes do not contain more then 25 people to a classroom, in turn creating a tight knit relationship with the professor and other classmates. Without a doubt in my mind, the benefits of attending outweigh the cons. Midlands Technical College has no sports teams, extra curricular activities are nonexistent as is Greek life . The college has no on campus housing, considering the price of tuition, and I am glad to save money by living at home. Professors are friendly and make themselves available whenever I have been in need of assistance. Some people hate Midlands Technical College because it is not a traditional college experience, and I would understand their perspective. Financial concerns are my utmost priority, therefore I was willing to make that sacrifice and attend Midlands Technical College.

Heather

Midlands Technical College is your average two-year community school. I have had a handful of professors that are excellent and really want to help their students. I have only had two teachers that were absolutely horrible (using outdated material, couldn't be reached, grading papers wrong). The campus is usually kept pretty clean and security frequently patrols through the halls and parking lots.

Midlands Technical College has so far provided an enjoyable experiences. Although the process of having to redue financial aid every semester can be a pain because you have to resubmit every document and provide tax transcripts every time you apply for financial aid. Overall the campus is enjoyable and is taken care of. The class are nice because the professors are available most of the time and they are not they will let you know ahead of time.

Robert-John

Midlands Technical College is an affordable institution with a strong commitment to education. The professors are very accessible and encourages community participation. The school allows for diverse dialogue. We are a bit off the beaten path but the campus provides many amenities to compensate. Overall, it is a positive school with many opportunities.

John

Midlands Technical College is a great way to save money and gather all the necessary course to help fulfill the undergraduate programs and allows a student to transfer to almost any school. The professors are great at learning names, giving instructions, helping students in need. They are always available when they are needed whether it be through email, in person, or through the phone

Lauryn

Midlands Technical College is great for the nontraditional student. The college takes in account that there are plenty of people who have only an hour or two to spare a day for furthering their education. They really try to ensure that each person who goes through Midlands is prepared for their future.

Midlands is a decent school if you get the right teachers but most do not care about their students or their goals. People in the testing center, bookstore, and library are as helpful as they can be and always seem positive. The biggest drawback is their issue with financial aid, applying, receiving, and it all being done in a timely manner is very difficult and most people do not know what they are doing.

Laurine

i feel like midlands technical college is a great college for students to go too. all of the member that work and teach there have amazing attitudes and are very sensitive and concerned about your well being in general; that includes them also making the environment fun and easy to comply with

Joey

Midlands Technical College is a school that, depending on what campus you are taking classes at, can deliver an amazing college experience, or one that may make you want to drop out and never even consider school ever again. The inconsistency is the key here. Considering the standard that all humans have flaws, it is expected for experiences to differ. However, a more standardized approach to education would be appreciated by the entire class and staff

Berlinda

Midlands Tech was a great school for the year and a half that I attended. Great tech school, I've only ever had great teachers!!! You really learn your stuff and everything is really fair across the board. If you apply yourself it is a great experience that will prepare you well for your career. They also provide a tone of resources and are eager to help if you are confused about anything even just with life in general.

Jamez

It is a really good community college providing good quality education for all. The work in math classes being on computer is not a pleasurable experience for me and some classes are based on eccentric topics throughout the semester. However, overall I am satisfied. There are no dorms, but the lounge with Subway and vending machines present gives off a decent enough home vibe. Nearby are multiple stores down the road such as a book store and fast food restaurants. The campus from the outside is very beautiful and bliss especially the courtyard area located within the center area. Lastly, the professors are usually very kind and accurate doing their job, however, they seem to be too stubborn with attendance even if you give sound and truthful reasons as to why the attendance data is wrong.

Mikasia

I think Midlands Tech was a great school. I genuinely liked going there for classes throughout the week. The website was very easy to use and had a very simplistic design. It was relatively easy to find out information that was unclear. The professors were generally nice and were available in timely manners whenever a student like me needed help. Whether it be through emails, in class, or office hours, the instructors were always there to help. I do miss attending that school but I have now transferred to South Carolina State University and I am so excited to see what they have to offer.

Baylee

My overall opinion of Midlands Technical College is about average due to the equal amounts of pros and cons. The biggest personal pro I have for the college would be the perfect size of the class. The student to professor ratio is successful because the professor is not overwhelm with a huge number of students so they become more available. The biggest personal con I have faced multiple times would be how the college is ran. For example, advising appointments are not always helpful. Financial services for the students are also very poor. Financial counselors always seem to not know policies and often send students running around chasing for answers to their simple questions.

Dustin

Prior to coming to Midlands Technical College I took a year off and was undecided in what I wanted to do. The first semester I took basic courses and worked on finding my way. Midlands technical college is an affordable way for me to get my initial classes out of the way and have a smaller classroom environment. Midlands Technical College will be the key to my success as I continue my education in the medical field.

Esdras

It is a great school. The teacahers are very nice and they will help. There are also tutors that will help you if you need help with your assignments. There is also the staff, the financial aid also is a very helpful hand when you are registering for your classes.

Mandy

It is a decent school, and it is definitely a good way to transition into college and save lots of money. Most professors are pretty good and helpful. The only real complaint I have is that the parking situation is not that great, and the campus staff( not including professors) in places such as the financial aid office or the testing center, usually treat you like you are an inconvience, and they do not seem to be very helpful

Hope

As far as Technical colleges go, Midlands Technical college is an extremely smart choice. Their classes and professors are of university standard, but extremely affordable. Their professors have real life experience in the fields that they teach, and set realistic expectations for their students. I have enjoyed my time at MTC and I think its a wonderful option for anyone wanting to transfer to any university in the area.

KayLynn

Its a great college and a good opportunity to get the knowledge of a four year college student in two years. I think the the school environment is a safe campus and a great way to get involved with a variety of different activities inside and outside of school.

Ashly

Midlands Technical College is an amazing learning environment! The staff and students all get along great. Everyone is very determined and motivates each other to shrive for success. From the Gamecock outings, to study lectures, to passing scores. We are all in this together, there is never a dull moment, nor will you ever struggle. We have each others' back!

Lorah

It is not a bad school. Many students go here that do not have the opportunity to go to universities, for that reason they give many opportunities. Midlands cares about their student's success. However, the social scene seems to be small to non-existent.

Midlands Technical College is a great school whether you are looking to a 2 year degree or a starting college to complete 4 year degree pre-requisites at a cheaper price. The teachers are very knowledgeable, helpful, and understanding. The financial aid staff is very helpful and works pretty quickly. Registering for classes was easy and the campus is beautiful. Class size is not very big. The biggest class I had might of had 30 students (lecture).

christy

i love midland tech. i think it is a great college for people to go to if they don't want or can't afford to go to a university. i plan on going back to midlands tech to go through their nursing program to become a RN. I would highly recommend this technical college.

Savannah

Midlands Technical College gets the job done when it comes to taking basic classes and/or trade classes. I am here because I didn’t have enough money to attend the College of Charleston after graduating from high school, but my goal is to transfer there for the Fall 2020 semester. The academics here at MTC are okay. The classes that I’ve been taking are mostly a review from what I learned in high school, which is frustrating, and the counselors are either misinformed or just don’t care to relay information in a timely and factual fashion. For example, I almost lost my LIFE scholarship due to my counselor failing to tell me the loophole for required credit hours; I was unaware that I had to take an extra class over the summer (which would have been out of pocket, as the scholarship doesn’t cover summer classes) unless I signed up for five classes instead of four for this semester. In the classes I’m taking so far, I get the sense that teaching isn’t the passion of the professors; with the exception of two professors out of the nine that I have had/have currently, none of them seem to enjoy teaching and only seem to be here to spout the information, and then expect us to actually teach ourselves. I know that that is the goal of college, that one may be able to teach themselves, but when it comes to classes like Biology or Computer Science, we need more hands-on instruction. As a technical college, MTC doesn’t offer housing on campus or help with finding housing off campus. The food services here are mostly just nearby fast food restaurants and the concessions in the bookstore, but we do have a cafeteria that offers edible, if not appetizing, food. The campus facilities are old and rundown; although I can tell the janitorial staff strives to keep the place clean, it is clear that there is a need for new equipment and systems. I gave the school a 4/5 simply because the students that attend here get the teaching they need in order to begin their career or move on to higher education. So the school is adequate in its services, but it isn’t a fun or encouraging atmosphere for most. Most of the staff is condescending or downright rude, and the campus and facilities itself could use some updates.

Midlands Technical College is just what you would expect from a 2-year year technical/community college, from the crowd to the classes. The professors seem to enjoy what they do and are usually available to assist students when needed outside of classroom hours. Perhaps the best thing about Midlands Technical college is their bridge program to the University of South Carolina, and the many articulation agreements kept with other 4-year universities throughout the state. It is a great choice for anyone who plans to eventually earn a degree from the University of South Carolina but may have trouble paying for 4 full years of university tuition.

Alexandria

As a recent high school graduate and a first year college student, I would say that Midlands is okay. Because it is a tech school, I think the dynamics are definitely different. People just go to class and mind their business. Overall, I wouldn't say the students are very friendly. I do however, like all of my professors that I have had. They are super helpful and make themselves available to make sure you get the help you need. In this semester, I have 2 professors who even gave us their personal cell phone numbers for us to reach out with any questions!

Sonya

My overall experience of Midlands Tech is that some of the instructors need to be willing to help all their students out not just certain ones, also with the financial aid situation they charge so much for their books like it’s crazy and they give you a hard time when you ask for extra assistance with paying for them.

Larry

My school Midlands Technical College (Midlands Tech) has a motto of “You Can Get Anywhere From Here” and after experiencing this college’s culture first hand, I strongly believe it. Midlands Tech is more than just a technical school it is a stepping stone for those with big aspirations but know that they must receive education to make that dream reality. From the minute you are accepted, students receive extensive guidance from staff and counselors in ensuring they are able to register for classes and receive aid if needed. This is the second technical school I have attended and have witnessed how Midlands Tech goes over and beyond for their students; setting up agreements with many major universities and always keeping students abreast of opportunities locally and statewide. The professors have actually worked in the field they are teaching allowing them the ability to teach from firsthand experience. The coursework matches that of any major university, allowing students with intentions of transferring to a university, the skillset needed to make a simple and seamless transition. Students receive regular emails about events happening on and off campus so there is never a dull moment; from pop up workshops to student clubs. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Midlands Technical College and feel I am prepared for my next journey at Clemson University. Midlands Tech has equipped me with the tools needed to compete, if not give me a completive advantage, with my upcoming peers and be the best in all of my upcoming classes and life in general. I could not be more thankful than I am right now for the staff and students I have met at this school for those connections will forever be with me. Midlands Technical College is the absolute BEST school for those looking to get their feet wet with college life or take their career to the next level. Like the motto says, “You Can Get Anywhere from Here” you truly can if you apply and believe in yourself.

Joshua

It was pretty inexpensive. They saved me a lot of money. But they make you take classes that are really unnecessary and a waste of time and money. The teachers really worked with you but some of them have a bad grading system. During Biology lab we did experiment and quizzes but only got graded on quizzes.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!