Miller-Motte Technical College-Charleston Top Questions

Corey

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to research colleges and their degree programs that would fit my interests. I would also tell myself to change my study habits; I studied less because I was intelligent. I would tell myself to stay focused and keep up with assignments that would outlined in my syllabus. I would tell myself to schedule times when I could enjoy time with friends and choose to focus more on my studies. Making to-do-lists and schedules for time to study and do school work would have helped me allocate my time more wisely. Time management in college is very important in making the transition to college life. If I could, I would tell myself as a high school senior to also focus on stress management. Making the transition from high school to college can be awfully stressful for all students so be sure to give yourself the opportunity to make the necessary adjustments to be successful in college while being stress free.

Sheray

I am currently attempting college for the second time. The only similarities of both enrollments are the finacial responsibilities. It is extreemly difficult to attend college full time and hold down a full time job at the same time. I failed at my first attempt at college because I was not prepared for the commitment that was needed. My determination level has changed since then. If I could go back and talk to myself in high school, I would have several topics to talk about. I would take my future finacial situations more seriously instead of shopping and hanging out with my friends. I would listen to my parents about money and time management. I would seek tutors and mentors in order to develop a character with high integrity and morals. I would choose my career path carefully and not just take any job just to have money. I would do volunteer work in the field that I aspire to work in. There are many other things that I would choose to do over as a high school senior. I am blessed to know these things now therefore I have a better chance at succeeding my second time around.