Millsaps College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Millsaps College

Ayanna

Millsaps College is an amazing school. Being there has challenged me and expanded me in ways that I never thought possible. I was not aware of how challenging the coursework would be when I applied, but I have found it to be a healthy challenge. Millsaps College has challenged me to confront my views, to talk about my experiences, and to accept others. Millsaps College cares about more than the coursework, they care about making capable people. Professors work to teach students not what to think, but how to think. They teach students the importance of forming our own opinions. The professors and other staff care about the student's well-being not just their academic performance. Millsaps College is a small, private college in Mississippi but it is not anything that you would expect.

Takya

Millsaps College is a good university. After some thought, I wanted to revise my review. The academic environment is great, and I've learned how to write better thanks to some guidance and our Writing Center. However, as a digital art major, I never have time to draw, and I feel the teachers don't give us creative freedom. The Bacot residence house has reportedly not changed since the 70's. The bathrooms in the Academic Complex and Library are very neglected. In addition, the library only has non-fiction books...nothing for leisure. I'm pretty sure that's why no one really checks out anything.... The scholarships are not enough, even with the presidential + full pell grant, I have to pay $1,335.75/month + $37.25/fee per payment. That's all I've got right now.

Millsaps college is academically challenging private school. The small class time allows each student to work the professors. The professors are well educated in their subjects and challenges the students. The professors are also always willing to help students and always available to the students through email and office hours. Millsaps tends to favor STEM and businesses majors over the humanities. However the humanity professors work hard to keep the majors fun and alive. The on campus living and food needs great improvement.

Due to the fact Millsaps is at the heart of Jackson, Mississippi, this school is wonderful for many different majors. Each student will have the opportunity to become involved with the campus or the community. While Millsaps is difficult academically, professors are usually very helpful and genuinely care about your well-being.

James

Even as a freshman, I can say with confidence that Millsaps is easily the best school I've ever attended. Not only are the classes challenging and engaging, but the amount of support and opportunities offered are unlike anything I've ever experienced. The professors are passionate about the topics and ideas they teach, the students are highly involved, creative and bright, and the atmosphere on campus is very welcoming and pleasant.

Amiya

I love the school. The location is not too far from home, and it is in the heart of Mississippi. The student teacher ratio is great, I feel that I can get a better one-on-one experience with my professors if I would need the help. The sports programs here are very good also. The coaches take their time with each team and make sure that their athletes are always well prepared and ready to compete.

Kylan

I am a senior and my dream is to get accepted into Millsaps College in Fall 2020. I have visited the campus on several occasions and I absolutely love everything about Millsaps. The faculty, staff, and student body are all so helpful. They make themselves available whenever you need to reach out to them,

Gabriel

Millsaps College is a challenging school academically. If one is looking to grow intellectually, Millsaps is the perfect school for this especially if you are from Mississippi. The professors are all experts in their field and care about their students. Class discussions are always intriguing relating the teaching to real experiences. The discussions are a safe place where students are willing to express their ideas and beliefs without persecution. I am a current senior and have attended Millsaps College for four years and have been able to find myself without all the external social pressures. Many times, students cannot be who they want to be due to fear of rejection from their friends and family but Millsaps is an inclusive place where one would be accepted always. However, the cost of attending Millsaps is extremely high. With the cost being as high as it is, I would have liked to have better food and a nicer city. The Millsaps cafeteria and on-campus options are a failure to the students. The students loathe the options but are forced to buy a meal plan if they stay on campus. The food, sounding only good in the name, is despicable in taste especially for four years. Unlike other colleges, you cannot use the money on your meal plan towards local businesses or restaurants but only at Millsaps. The local restaurants close to Millsaps have few healthy affordable options. There are many fast-food chains where students end up eating due to their proximity. Healthy affordable options can be found in different cities via a car. Students choose either of these off-campus options over the school’s cafeteria rendering the meal plan and the money spent on it a waste. The scenery on campus is beautiful having fresh cut grass and many walkways illuminated by flowers. Unfortunately, as soon as one takes a step off of campus, it is a whole new world with poverty to your left, affluence to your right, and they are connected by pot-holed filled roads that stretch across the entire city. Millsaps has its problems, especially the cost of tuition, but if one can get past this biggest hurdle, they will find an inclusive college where they can grow intellectually, be challenged academically, and feel embraced fully by all students and professors. They will have the means to shed all their inhibitions and be the person they want to be without the fear of persecution. Millsaps offers a safe place for everyone and it is not hard to find it.

Geona

It's a very nice school. Most professors are easy to talk to and are usually available when you need to chat about things. The campus is big enough to where you know where you're going and the scenery is pretty. There's a lot of emphasis on education and learning about so many different things which is awesome if someone likes that kind of thing. The food is pretty good. The dorms aren't the best but that's expected in college. There are many activities for everyone to be involved in if they'd like to. It's very easy to make friends and connections. Overall Millsaps is a pretty cool college.