Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee Area Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Milwaukee Area Technical College

Nariah

MATC is good for students who have jobs but if you don't have a job, I believe they should go to a universities. MATC can get packed real quick. Sometimes it's a waiting list for classes. Who wants to have to wait until the next semester to attend college. My best advice is if you do go to MATC don't go to the one downtown everybody is at that one. Sometimes it can be a distraction.

Amy

This college is great for a person looking for a community college rather than a univeristy. At a community college you don't dorm so you can still live with your parents until the age of 30 (lol). I chose this college for my associate's degree in Culinary but I will be transfering to another college (univeristy) after I graduate at MATC.

There isn't anything wrong with the Milwaukee Area Technical College in the Oak Creek area. I actually enjoy being a student there.

Chai

In my opinion, Milwaukee Area Technical College is not too large and not too small. It is just right that we like to attend this college for an associate degree. This college is for students who are struggling, who is a parent or single parent, for someone who may need help with government assistance. This college is great for us who are looking for employment; MATC has job fairs like every 2-3 times a month. MATC also help students that wants to further their education, MATC partners up with the 4 year colleges so once our done we will have no problem registering for the college you will be like pre-enrolled, they also have college fairs, healthcare fairs, blood drives etc. MATC have so much to offer for the students that attend the college. And they show us so much respect and love. I am enjoying being there because I learn how to deal with different cultures and religions. The professors really do try to help those who really do want help and not just trying to get a check. MATC is college that treats us like an adult and not a child. They understand that in the real world we have to deal with mature responsible people, in the world they expect us to be responsible and mature. It also includes exercising our rights and acting in a responsible manner goes together. Some of the College's rules and regulations are simply restatements of existing laws, such as laws against possession, use, or sale of controlled substances (illegal drugs). It is the responsibility of all MATC students to comply with the policies as stated in the Student Code of Conduct and obey all public laws. This compliance assures all students the opportunity of having the best possible educational experience. MATC students have the right to be informed by the College through individual departments and/or divisions of policies and procedures concerning student conduct (Student Code of Conduct), course requirements (class syllabus), and ethics and professional conduct (as outlined in the division/department handbook and/or class syllabus). This information is published and/or electronically posted. MATC students have the right to be evaluated fairly on the basis of their performance as required by the instructor as part of the course. These policies may also include published or posted standards of conduct for recreational, lab, and learning areas, including clinical facilities. It is the student's responsibility to be aware of such published policies and procedures and to seek clarification, if needed, from the Office of Student Life and/or the appropriate academic department.

chai

Milwaukee Area Technical College is a great school that has my major.

Milwaukee Area Technical College is a great school that has my major.

For as long as I could remember, I have wanted to be a business manager. I have been dream for business management ever since I was in the fifth grade until the current. My name is Chai Fong Her. I’m from Thailand. I have just been eight years in the United States. I am a full time student for my business management in Milwaukee Area Technical College in Milwaukee of Wisconsin in the United States. Education is a great thing that nobody says, it is not special thing because almost everyone expects their own jobs that will make their lives better more than the past. People said and believed, “Education is the most powerful weapon which we can use to change the world.” To reach my goals, I realize that I must pursue a four year college education for my business management in the future. I am very excited about my future and feel that with the opportunity your scholarship will provide, I am successful. The business management is my major that I’ll need to achieve with my education in my life.

good student and study hard.

Janelle

A great bargin for a quality and wuick education.

A great bargin for a quality and wuick education.

Work hard to form just as many positive relationships as you've had in the past because building positive minded connections will net you a wealth of outstanding and understanding people. These people are wull be amazing, supportive, challenging and in some cases fleeting. Maintaining strong academics, attendance, and new experiences is vital but far less important than the people you share them with. Find great people and the rest will work itself out. Also, think it through before you tattoo, always.

Javonnie

If i was a high school senior I would of study and visit about M.A.T.C before I fill out the application. I would also fill out plenty scholarships so I wouldn't pay for school at all.

I wish I would of know that M.A.T.C had sport teams that I could have played.

The most frustrating thing about my school is nothing.

The class sizes are small so you get more indiviual attention

The class sizes are small so you get more indiviual attention

Take your time, don't rush it. Stay completely focused no matter the distractions that come with senior year, ex: Boyfriends, impressing your bestfriends, work. All of those things will be there soon after high school is over. No matter how complicated things may get in your life, how anxious you get to complete senior year, continue to get good grades. Score high on your College placement test. Don't give up when it gets too hardbecause they will get hard, you'll regret it. You've come too far to give up now, you've been through too much. Keep your relationships with all of the people who support you. You'll need your support system long after high school is over. Continue to take school serious beyond your senior year. Treat this year just as if it were your freshman year because it's just as important. Never stop applying yourself. You're smart act like it

Theres not enough advisors and counselors to help you with your transition into college

Melissa

I would tell myself to get my mind off boys and get back to the books. I should have been busy studying instead of trying to go after boys. I should have put more effort into all of my classes. I now regret that I didn't do as well as I should have in high school. I never thought that I could ever make a 3.8 GPA. Now that I have I know that I could have been doing it all along. College is a lot better than high school though. And I have a lot more fun taking the classes that I want to take how I want to take them.

There is not enough classes that are taught in the classroom. That is the only thing negative about this school that I can think of.

Any person looking to better themselves, and get an education for a better future should consider this school. It doesn't matter how young or old if you are looking for a technical program or an associate's degree this school would be a great school to look into.

Tanya

I would tell myself to take the opprotunities your faced with now because they may not be there later on. I would also remind myself that the peson you were raised to be is beautiful, so stay with your gut, and keep in mind where I've always wanted to be. I like the thought of myself staying foucsed, but also remaining free. I have lived though many pleasing and not so deliteful experinces in my life, since high school, but every one has made an impact on who I am and where I stand today. Always being in the best of all situations isn't likely to build a valuable character, but it is likely to increase life's production of your own personal value. Maintain a balance this way, allow others to win, accept losing and take the time to develop the strength to move on. Do not dwell, daydreaming is wonderful, but don't let it consume all of your time. I would tell myself that life is amazing, but limited. I would say, see all your eyes can read and to learn every step of the way. Be Grateful Darling, You are Blessed.

Jayvon

The school I attend is a very professional school with dedicated teachers and students. The school environment makes anyone want to learn, and be inspired to want to achieve their goals. The most important thing about this school is that it is eay for students to adjust to the schedule of the school, and also be inspired to keep up with their education while never wanting to stop learning all they can.

The unique thing about my school is how well the school (employees and instructors) really tries to help the students in achieving their goals. Not too many schools have that kind of dedication to insure success in the students that go there old or young. Students here feel more comfortable knowing that they actually have someone who cares about their students education than just getting their paychecks.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a highschool senior knowing what I know now there would be numerous advice tips I would give myself. First, I would have told myself not to worry about what comes next, because in due time it would come to me as long as I stayed on the path that I was already on. Secondly, I would have told myself to take my senior year a little more seriously, because more things could have came up for me if I had worked harder for it. Third, I would have told myself to be more confident about the work I do, because generally the work I do is good its just not the best work I could have done. Last, but not least, I would have told myself to listen more to my families advice instead of ignoring them when they have already experienced I have done, and I'am thankful for their support for me succeed.

Milwaukee Area Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.