Milwaukee Area Technical College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Milwaukee Area Technical College

Monica

I think Milwaukee Area Technical College is a great place to start and get the general classes done. It's a comfortable, small campus which is easy to get around in. There's incredible facilities like a cafe, library and lots of tutoring opportunities. I highly recommend MATC for the first 2 years to get classes done and make the switch from high school to college life, then transfer to whatever school you'd like to go.

Nariah

MATC is good for students who have jobs but if you don't have a job, I believe they should go to a universities. MATC can get packed real quick. Sometimes it's a waiting list for classes. Who wants to have to wait until the next semester to attend college. My best advice is if you do go to MATC don't go to the one downtown everybody is at that one. Sometimes it can be a distraction.

Janaya

MATC is the best college! They open their doors to all communities without judgement, no matter what your past look like. It's the perfect school to get a second chance at a college life. There's so many opportunities a student can take advantage of including, tutoring, student organizations, extracurricular activities, The Promise Program for high school and adult students, sports, campus food, and many more! The counselors are AMAZING! They help students understand their program plan and provide them with beneficial resources to help students succeed. The class sizes are small enough for each student to receive individual assistance, and the teachers are very supportive! MATC even provide emergency assistance, such as food, financial aid, and sheltering, to students who suffers from hardships while still in school. To me, is a great college for parents because that also offer childcare while parents attend their classes. MATC provides bus passes to help student have transportation to get to and from classes, including the weekends. MATC is very multi-cultural! You can find events going on campus that allows you to learn about different cultures food, clothes, language, jewelry, music and many other amazing things. They even offer opportunities to study abroad! There are over 200 majors a student can choose from to pursue an IN-DEMAND career, and the best part is that the credits can transfer over to a four-college! What more can I say? Milwaukee Area Technical College is the best place for a student to pursue their education!

I love this school. I am getting an amazing education for half the price of a true culinary school. Even though this isn't a high end culinary school, I am still learning the same techniques, if not better ones than them. The teachers are always there to help me as well. Even after class hours. They have also helped me find a job or two.

Myliah

I love Matc. It is very close to where I live and it is convenient for me to take the bus because they provide me with a buss pass that doesn't expire! I love all of my professors, the students there also are very friendly and educated for the most part. I enjoy going to school here.

Maya

I love MATC. The class sizes are small, which make the learning environment comfortable and personal. All my professors are highly educated and that makes me feel like I have access to a quality education even at this reasonable cost. They also provide real life resources that prepare their students for their career path. When I was in high school there was most definitely a stigma associated with MATC. I am guilty of believing in it, but after being enrolled as full-time student my opinion could not be any farther from the opposite. MATC is a wonderful institution that provides a quality education for a person of any age to give them a promising career path.

Angelica

I like the school that I am currently enrolled in. It's a great place to get your associates degree of to start the first two years of college at. The fact that after a student graduates from that school and they have a high rate of getting hired to a company is amazing. The factualty member are the kindess and most helpful people that you could ever get at a college.

Dawn

Lots of fun and well diverse. Matc offers so many different programs that makes it difficult to choose what you want! On that note there are so many people there to help you along the way. The student body is very friendly and helpful! It's a great place to learn!

CESAR

It's a great place if you don't know where to start or a great place to go to do your general courses instead going instantly to a 4 year college because it's cheaper. The class sizes are usually no more than 40 people in them and the teachers interact with the students all the time when they are in need of assistance. It's not as fun or crazy as you'll expect from going to a 4 year college but for general education, you can't go wrong here if you're trying to step in through the door to a higher education.

Jesse

Milwaukee Area Technical College allows students to access affordable education through various financial programs they supply. MATC has few extracurricular activities that range from student government to welding club. I'm currently in Student Government, and it has helped me a lot through my first semester of college. Through community service opportunities has Student Government opened my eyes to the struggles my community faces. In addition, Student Government has allowed me to form friendships that I thought I would never form because I didn't go to a classic University. Not only has Student Government helped me tremendously , but the overall welcoming feeling of the school. MATC hires impeccable staff members who have open schedules that allow students, like me, to contact them whenever needed. Overall, I'm happy to have spent my first year of college in MATC.

Sara

MATC is a wonderful school. There are not as many extra activities as a university would probably offer, but I attend for the education. All professors and other faculty are fantastic. The environment is always flexible and engaging. I’m very happy with attending this college.

Ashleigh

In my opinion, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a good college overall. Since it is a technical school, on-campus housing is not provided, there are no sports to participate in, and there are very few extra-curricular activities to sign up for. However, the class sizes are fairly small (around 20 people) so the professors have a decent amount of time to work individually with students.

Ellen

MILWAUKEE AREA TECHNICAL COLLEGE I am a returning student after being away from the college scene for over twenty years. I work full time and have two children, both in high school. I preach the importance of college to them on a constant basis, but I have no degree of my own from a higher institution. How does one impress upon a younger generation the importance of education, when the one preaching has not put forth the effort to complete a collegiate program of their own? I decided to participate in a mid-life crisis and seek a new career, finding an associate degree that would educate me in a whole new field of work. I found a program that highly interested me at Milwaukee Area Technical College. I enrolled and started my college journey in classes where the students are engaged, and the instructors are even more engaging. The staff are professionals that are currently working in the fields where they are teaching. They know the ins and outs of the profession that I will be starting and the knowledge that they pass on will be invaluable. I feel that I am gaining incredible knowledge and that my money is well spent. I am receiving a fantastic education and by the time I graduate, I feel that I will be well prepared to go out into my designated field and shine. Most of all, I am showing my children the importance of how a good education can enrich your life.

Alexis

The classes and teachers are really awesome. I enjoyed the small class sizes and the participation of the teachers in my education a lot. I have no complaints about the education at this school. Billing and counseling could use a lot of work though. They are very complicated.

Jacqueline

Overall I have enjoyed attending MATC. The Professors and Counselors are always available to help. The school is affordable and the locations are convenient. Some of the courses can be difficult, but there are a variety of resources to help you if you are struggling.

Abigail

Good small college.

MaZinMar

My overall opinion about this college is 4 out of 5. I really liked the school and the staffs are helpful and warmly welcome all students. The college is always trying to protects its student and are safe. This year is my second year and I am on track with all of my works and classes. I will be graduating soon.

Rolanda

My overall opinion of Milwaukee Area Technical College is a great start for college opportunities for all careers. MATC allows students to jumpstart their career-making, affordable for college students and allows the experience and graduating stages of college.

Stephen

I am currently in my third semester at Milwaukee Area Technical College. So far I have come to understand pretty well the campus and the culture of the school and the constituency. Being a technical, two-year college it is different in a lot of aspects to other universities and the public, four-year colleges in the state. My favorite aspects of the school are its diversity in ethnicity, the presence of multiple age groups in many classes, and the small class sizes. MATC practices a focus on immigrant and foreign-born education and offers many great services, classes, and utilities for those not from the United States. I enjoy being in classes with young students just out of high school, as well as young, middle, and aging adult students. This often creates a multi-faced approach to curriculum with input from multiple generations and world views. Lastly, I enjoy the small classes because it enables a classroom that is more engaged and focused on community learning with a closer relationship to the professors. Overall, I very much have enjoyed my time at Milwaukee Area Technical College and am appreciative of the culture that it maintains.

Jocelyn

I am currently in my first semester at MATC and even though it is a lot different than high school , I actually do really enjoy it. It's very safe around campus and the staff are kind and helpful . At the campus I'm currently enrolled the classes are small and you get to know your professors and they get to know you.

Jaquita

I've learned a lot at MATC but when I needed help the most MATC wasn't their for me they denied me emergency services which led to me being evicted and having to drop out of classes. So MATC is okay but not dependable. As far as my professors and classmates I love them I've met so many different individuals and learned so many different perspectives.

Mayneng

It's a great start for freshman students like me, to begin with. If you're unsure of your major and still plan to go to college, then this college would be a great start to your journey. If the tuitions too much then MATC provides a program called "Promise Program" for specific students and adults. Giving them a chance to get their degrees by following certain rules in the program.

Deondre

My overall opinion of Milwaukee Area Technical College is that it’s a wonderful college to help you become confident about college, the facility staff are very helpful, there’s a lot of help throughout the campus, and the campus is very safe.

Samantha Jo

It’s a wonderful school to attend! The campus’s are wonderful and each one gives you a variety of the wonderful place we call Wisconsin! The best part is that you’re surrounded by so many resources that it’s hard to feel like you can’t find out or find someone who can help you figure out courses or coursework.

Itzel

It is a really good college with many opportunities to learn. Also they have many people to help any student if they have any questions regarding a certain class. It is also medium paced. So it is not going to fast or going too slow. It is a pace that we can all be on and understand better.

Diara

Anyone is welcomed. Professors are professional and work with each student to achieve their goals. There are lots of resources and programs to join also. There are four campuses to choose from. Parking is easily accessible and even has discounts for enrolled students.

Kris

I's a technical college, not the best place to go for education of for the "college life" but it's something to get you a head start. As long as you're focused at the task at hand, or have a group of people who you can hang out with after school, it's not as bad.