Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee School of Engineering

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Milwaukee School of Engineering

MacKensie

If I could go back in time and give myself any advice for college, I would tell myself to enjoy moments spent with family and friends. During the beginning of my freshmen year, my grandma passed away. For eighteen years, I lived in the same city as her so I was fortunate to see her on a regular basis. Once I left for college, I was only able to see family members about once a month. Therefore, I only saw my grandma once in the time I left for school and the time I had to say goodbye to her. Losing someone so close to my heart taught me that every moment spent with a loved one matters. It was hard being away from my family during this terrible incident, but it did make me stronger. Whenever I come home for a weekend now, I value every moment I spend with family and friends. Life should not be spent worrying about small details that only stress us out. Life should be about creating memories and enjoying the moments that so many people take for granted. I will always cherish the time I get with family and friends.

Before I came to MSOE, I wish I would have known how cooperative the professors are. I was honestly scared to attend any of my classes because I thought that the professors would be mean and strictly there to teach. Fortunately, I discovered that most professors just want the best for their students and are very understanding of different situations.

Milwaukee School of Engineering has a terrible housing facility. The dorms are not an ideal place to live for a year. The bathrooms are small and disgusting. Cleaning people do not come as much as they should. Also, the elevators break on a regular basis. A food plan is required for those who live in the dorms, but majority of the food is terrible. It is not fresh and the selection is quite small.

Kara

I wouldn't worry about pety drama, or negative influencing friends. I would worry only about myself, and my school work. I would have chose to go away to school, instead of staying at home so I could grow up faster. I keep saying I "would have" because I wish I took high school seriously. Everything you do in life follow you, and no one really told me that.

Never to go school with your closests friends. It may seem like a good idea but in the long run it isn't. There is a saying: absence makes the heart grow fonder. This is completly true. Your relationship with your friends will change when you leave for college but upon vists back home, spending time with them is much more valuable. Don't procrastinate in finding scholarship opportunities. When it gets down to signing off on your student loans you will thank me. Even smaller scholarships will make a difference. Free money is free money regardless. Make friends with as many different people as possible. Its the perfect oportunity to do so. You want to make friends that you will enjoy being around in late night cram sessions. Making friends with upper classmen is always a plus. They can give you the inside scoop about the school.

The class sizes are small. This allows for the professors to give you one on one insturuction more often than at a larger school. You will find that at MSOE a lot of the professors acutally care about teaching you. They will work with you to try to help you better understand things.

Recently, the elecrical engineering program was just ranked 7th in the nation. It was a slight ego boost for many within this program. It also has the best of both worlds. Its a small school that is located in downtown of a large city.

Brent

As a college student, I now know what it takes to make the intimidating transition from a high school senior to a full time college student. With the ability to go back in time, I would give myself advice to make this difficult transition easier. First, I would give myself advice pertaining to life at home. This would include fixing any problems with the relationship with parents because soon enough the college student will realize the importance of their parents in their life and it will be much easier communicating with them if there is a mutual healthy relationship. The second piece of advice I would give to myself would be to get involved in the many clubs universities have to offer. This will help build life skills and at the same time allow for social growth and meeting new friends. Finally, I would tell myself to stay on top of the course work divert from all of the poor studying habits, such as procrastination. Procrastination will cause stress and result in lower grades. Knowing this important information, I am now better prepared for the future ahead of me.

The best thing about this school is the job placement and opportunities after graduation. This school also offers a high quality eduaction. This is important becasue your education will determine what the rest of your life consists of.

Someone that is dedicated to what they want to do with the rest of their life. It is a tough school but it pays off becasue of the great job placement. You need to be goal oriented and a hard worker

Sasha

My school is a community that has many opportunities to get involved with organizations, and they provide great services for you, in order to have a successful career, when you finish school.

Knowing what I know now about the college life, I would advise myself to get more involved and be apart of the high school more. I would encourage myself to think more about what I actually wanted to do in life , and how I could make a difference in the world and be remembered. I would also advise myself to pick up various techniques of studying, and ways to help myself succeed better through college.

The best thing about my school would be the fact that it's a hands-on learning style, and that's the best way I understand things and learn. And having a hands on learning style helps you later in your career, because you know what your supposed to be doing, instead of just hearing about it.

akara

If I could go back to my senior year, I would tell myself to work harder and not to settle for okay and go for the gold. I would strive to get more involved in the community and school life. I would also tell myself how to prepare for college, SATs and ACTs. As a senior I didn't know that applying for school was so hard. I wish that I had a little more help and knew who to talk to. I also had no idea what all colleges look for in a student. I would've known more about college. I would have a higher GPA and higher grades. I would involve myself in school, extra-curriculum activities, and community projects. One of my biggest dreams is to help others. My high school was down the street from an elementary school, and it would have been great to go and speak to the younger kids. Many kids look up to me as a big sister, I wish I took more advantage of that. doing this would make me a better citizen and would help with college applications. It also would have helped me accomplished my goals and dreams.

Patrick

Take into account the campus life and weigh having fun into the equation as well as the educational portion of the university

The extensive of workload I would be recieving

Some of the teachers inability to teach the material well. The work load is very heavy. The cafeteria food and housing is below average

Haily

MSOE is a private school with tough curriculum and excellent teachers.

MSOE is a private school with tough curriculum and excellent teachers.

If I could take to my senoir high school self, I would make several recommendations. One would be to make sure that I being all my notebooks from previous classes because they are extremely useful. Also, do not be an introvert. It's a lot nicer here once you start involving yourself in groups and gaining friends.

I wish I would have known all the minors that were available, and also all the things available to stuents in the Kern Center, such as intramurals and workout equipment.

Matthew

This school is exactly what I've been looking for!

This school is exactly what I've been looking for!

I was a slacker in high school. Given the opportunity to go back and give myself advice I would tell myself to work much harder than I did. All of the partying and random things that I did were insignificant in the grand scheme. I would probably have been able to go straight to college after that if things had turned out differently, instead of being a 25 year old freshman. I messed up prettily badly in high school, but I feel thatimately all of the hard work and dedication that I have learned between educational adventures has inspired me to work as hard as I can to achieve my goals. Maybe my advice to my past senior self would not be that useful after all...

Only intelligent, dedicated, and driven individuals should attend MSOE. The coursework is hard and the workload is very heavy, so you need to be exceptionally driven to succeed here. But in the end the payoff is spectacular and well worth the effort you put in.

Abigail

My classmates at Milwaukee School of Engineering are very determined, hard working, and willing to work to get good grades and succeed in their future careers.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have some words of advice about college life. The first piece of advice I would give myself would be about time management. Time management is a key skill to have in order to succeed in college. It is better to learn to manage your time when you still have spare time to figure things out, which is not in college where time is limited. In college, it is necessary to manage your time in order to complete all of your schoolwork and be able to be involved in campus activities. Another piece of advice I would give myself would be to stop worrying about the past. The past does not matter, the present and the future is what you need to keep your mind on. You cannot waste time thinking about what you could have done; you need to be able to accept the decisions you have made and keep moving on to accomplish the goals that you have your mind set on. Lastly, I would say to just try and make the best out of the opportunities available to you.

The best thing about Milwaukee School of Engineering is the close relations between students and faculty. Students can readily get help in any class that they need help in and faculty makes themselves very available to help their students. Professors are willing to help students to help them pass their class and understand the material they are given.

Milwaukee School of Engineering administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.