Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee School of Engineering

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Milwaukee School of Engineering

John

If I were able to give my high school self advice knowing what I do now, it would be to work harder and start to work on time managment. Without hard work nothing will get done. At this school, many hours of hard work and dedication are required in order to succeed. One minor slip up can cause a much more dramatic academic fall than that of high school. Additionally time managment is critical in order to succeed. High schools manage the majority of students time with classes imediatly after each other and homeroom in order to do their homework. This is not the case after high school and should be corrected as soon as possible. Another big point I would advise myself to do is not to worry as much. Through school a lot of things will happen. New people will be met and friends will come and go. The main thing is not to worry about things as much because they are not as bad as they first seem. In summary, work hard, manage your time, and don't worry. If you put your mind to something, nothing will stop you.

The type of person who should attend this school is that of a dedicated student that loves what they do. This school's curriculum is very demanding and not something that one can simply slide by. The students at this school should be dedicated in order to finish the workload required to pass. Additionally, the students should love what they do. This is because the majority of the work at the Milwaukee School of Engineering is hands on and take many hours of expirimenting and troubleshooting. Without a passion for their work, it would make the journey much more dificult.

Madison

If I could go back to senior year, I would tell myself to be happier and more excited about the college process. Applying to schools and scholarships is challenging, but in the end, you have accomplished so much. Getting through applications is a huge step towards becoming a college student. Writing countless essays helps you figure out who you are as a person and solidify your future goals. Most of all, don't let your friends bring you down. Everyone feels stress the first semester of senior year. Your friends should not make you feel guilty about your level of stress being less than theirs.

Mitchell

In addition to being resourceful, MSOE's professors make sure that their students fully understand the material in each class, ensuring their success in next class and their post-graduate career.

Due to the trimester system in place, MSOE is known for its rigorous programs and many support systems. MSOE fits into 10 weeks what other colleges stretch out to 16 weeks. Because of the significantly reduced time per course, more material can be covered in a shorter time. In addition, all of the professors are actually professors instead of Teaching Assistants; they make time for students who are struggling with class material to ensure that their students fully understand what is being covered in class.

Get involved in something extracurricular! For the first half of my high school experience, I cared very little for the classes. I got decent grades, never anything worse than a B-, but my focus was going home and playing video games. I had little interest in anything else. Finally in my senior year, I joined the school Stage Crew and met so many incredible people, many of which are still my friends today. Only then did I fully reflect on all the time I wasted during my first two years and regret doing so. Finding an extracurricular activity is so beneficial. Committing 6 more hours per week to Stage Crew helped me manage my time better. Being in a group let me meet new (and awesome) people, which made me feel like part of a group and generally increased my self-esteem. When the play or musical was performed, I felt that I had contributed to a positive cause, something I definitely was not doing during my freshman and sophomore year. In general, I feel it also helped me focus better during class; I had something better to look forward to at the end of the day.

William

Urban Dictionary describes it well, but basically hard hard work translates into a very successful career. Manage the workload (somehow) and it'll pay off.

Do your homework. Don't fall behind. Talk to people in class.

The Crazy fast pace which translates in an enormous workload. for obvious reasons

Daniel

This school focuses heavily on its academics, but being in downtown Milwaukee makes it easy to experience a large variety of volunteer, cultural, bar-hopping, and other non-academic opportunities.

I don't care if you're one of the smartest kids in the class, MSOE is not going to be like high school (or, for that matter, most other colleges). Work harder at academics and buy fewer videogames, because you're in for the long haul. You should get used to being unhappy with your life, because the payoff later when you have a good college degree gives you far more freedom than not getting one.

It has a lot of classes focusing on application and also has the highest starting & mid-career salaries in Wisconsin.

Jacob

The thing that is worst to any student coming into college is almost always the same. The risk of starting their whole lives over again. Although not all of them admit it every college student is at least a little nervious about going to college. Who are they going to room with, how will they make new friends? Their entire life is going to change and they never feel like it's going to work out for the better. But in all reality after even a week at school every student is having the time of their life. It is important for students coming into college to remember that every year thousands of students are doing the same thing as them. Every person they meet is in exactly the same postion as them. It is imposible not to find a connection to any of these students. It is almost imposible not to instantly make friends at college. Friends who will be there to help any problems from your classes to relationships. It is important for new students to realize they will make it through the transaction and that they shouldn't find any reason to get nervous.

People who should attend this school are people who intend to get somewhere in life. If you are not affraid to challenge yourself then this is the school for you. MSOE is a school made of people who are ready to do whatever it takes to get where they want to in life. While it may take a lot of work it can be extremely fun if done right and will place you higher in the work place than any other schools like it.

People who shouldn't attend this school are people who see college as an excuse to party. If a person intends to come to school and spend minimal time on homework this is not the place for them. While there are plenty of oportunities to spend time with friends and have some fun. There is almost always hard work to be done. Plenty of kids come here and expect to ride through with minimal effort just to end up failing after their first year.

Grant

My fellow classmates are a bright group of young adults who will go far in life if they put in the correct amount of effort.

The Milwaukee School of Engineering is unique in the fact that the class sizes are so small. On average, classes will have anywhere between 15 - 30 people. The proffessors get to know the students well and are easy to get any needed help from. The learning environment is just fantastic. I feel that I would not learn as easily if I went to lectures with a hundred plus people.

Stay on top of things. Even though this is your last year in high school, don't start slacking. Every bit of effort you put into your final year will come together and make the transition easier. In college, you must make sure to stay organized and get all your work done as soon as possible. If there is any slack, classes can get quite stressfull. However, if you get everything done as soon as possible, college will be quite an enjoyable experience.

Hey Sarah, I know you're excited for college but there are some things I'd like to tell you. First off, don't be afraid to be yourself. It is a new environment where no one knows your life, make it what you want. Don't get involved with boys, they're useless. You have academics to study for! Pay attention in physics, please, for the sake of our GPA! Also, it is pointless to compare yourself to others, just focus on doing the best you can. If you aren't doing your best, try harder! You have to do it anyway, you might as well make the most of it. Don't forget to call home once in a while, our family misses you! Love, Sarah.

Mariah

If I were to go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, my first words of wisdom would be, “Create maximum usage of the high school's resources that are available for helping you with college because you will absolutely need it.” I would also emphasize on spending more time applying for scholarships because every little bit helps; especially, when it comes to college textbooks, fees, school supplies, and parking permits. In addition, I would scold myself for not taking the Advanced Placement Calculus AB and Advanced Placement Chemistry courses more seriously; also for not attending more of those tutoring sessions because now I’m paying for those courses when I could have earned college credit for those courses while in high school. Furthermore, I would instruct myself to not plan on overworking myself the first semester of college because transitioning into college life is a huge adjustment that will not happen overnight. Most importantly, I would encourage myself to join clubs that are related to my major, seek out help from professors and fellow peers, and to get involved in campus activities because it will all set me up for a proud and successful future.

Jake

Challenging, yet enjoyable though the classes are quick paced the other students and professors are very knowledgable and always willing to assit any student who is struggling.

If i could go back in time I would tell myself as high school senior to study harder and to be sure to take any ap exam i could especially in english and math as those to areas are much harder in college to pass even though you learn the same basic material but there is less work due to the fact grades are purely based upon test score not homework or other in class assignments.

How fast pace and challenging it is which keeps me focused on learning and allows me to actually learn more efficently becasue i fell more pressure to succeed and accomplish my goals.

Milwaukee School of Engineering administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.