Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee School of Engineering

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Milwaukee School of Engineering

Joshua

It is tough, time consuming, challenging, but in the end it will be worth every pain, every minute, and every dollar.

It is fast paced, and no time to waste. Here you put five years of schooling into four, but it will be worth all of the extra effort needed to graduate.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to spend more time preparing for my college career. I would tell myself to spend more time on scholarships. I would tell myself to put in a little extra effort because it would have defiantly made everything a little easier. All in all, if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to keep going, don’t give up, your almost to the finish.

Carl

Take your time to pick the correct school and major. Listen to your heart and don't let anyone tell you different.

After graduation the placement rate is 98 percent, with most placement in very well paying jobs.

The student that should attend this school should like video games and enjoy doing homework.

Kathleen

Apply for more scholarship and be more educated about what's out there. Spend more time on applications.

That I would not be able to study abroad through my program.

Thomas

During my first year at Milwaukee School of Engineering I have learned that the Mechanical Engineering field is not right for me. In high school I accelerated at mathematics and was informed that engineering would be a good field for me. My high school engineering courses were very interesting and I could not wait to continue learning about the field in college. After about one trimester as a mechanical engineering major I learned that it was not what I expected it to be like. I also learned that college math was even more interesting than the math I had previously learned about in high school. This knowledge has since lead me to change my major to mathematics. I believe that this is the most valuable thing that I have gotten out of my college experience so far because it has lead me in the right direction for the future. Without this experience I would very likely be working towards a career that I would not enjoy and not find fulfilling. I do not regret attending Milwaukee School of Engineering and I am very thankful for the experience it has gave me, even if I will not attend there next year.

I consider the best thing about Milwaukee School of Engineering to be the focus on a real world application of your education. There are many advanced laboratories that replicate what you will be using in the industry, and the curriculum is very focused on the engineering field. The location of the school is also perfect for those students who wish to get an internship to gain even more experience in their field. I believe that this is the best thing about Milwaukee School of Engineering because it gives you the comfort of knowing you will be prepared for your career.

In order to succeed at Milwaukee School of Engineering a students needs to be very motivated. The school focuses as much on building a strong work ethic as it does on ecucation, which means you have to work very hard to earn your grades. Without the desire to learn and strong orginizational and time management skills a student could find himself struggling to keep up with his work. Anyone who is willing to put in the time and effort required at Milwaukee School of Engineering can be successful and will likely be pleased with what the school has to offer.

Karina

The kind of people you meet here vary alot but everyone is focused on getting the most out of their degree from here. That common trait makes it easy to get along with everyone in a supportive community.

At MSOE we run on a trimester system unlike most schools who only have two semesters per school year. I finished my last final exam for the second trimester on the 26th of February and we have a week long break before we start a new set of classes. Everything moves really fast here and it has given me the chance to try new scheduals, study techniques and keep looking forward. I can almost feel that diploma in my hand.

I will never understand why we are awarded less credits than the ammount of hours we are in class. For example i have a six hour per week physics course that only counts for four credits.

Kolette

I have met a lot of people who will be my friends for the rest of my life. I have also learned that dedication and hard work really do give you a benefit in life. I always partied at the first college I went to, and when I transfered to MSOE, I realized that drinking is not what college is about. I have learned a lot, with the help of my one-on-one professors, and would now like to continue my education to get my master's degree. That was something I never expected before, but now that I have found a college I really enjoy, I think I will miss it when I finally graduate!

You should not attend this school if you are going to college for a social experience. I have met a lot of people I consider my good friends, but we do not go out on the weekends a lot. There are not house parties every weekend, and it is important to stay focused on your school work.

Victoria

I'd go back to Sophmore year in high school and continually get on myself about accurately planning a budget on how much school really is going to cost, and fill out more scholarships then and over the 2 years following that. Not filling out every scholarship that I could caused alot of trouble later on. If I had done this maybe I wouldn't have been so stressed and had come close to not having the funds at all.

For all its worth, the cafeteria food is completely aweful and the price paid for it is is at least 3 times the amount we are allowed to spend ($7.50 is paid for every $2.50 spent in the cafeteria/roscoes/skylight)

Any one who is looking for a party school. The classes at MSOE are crammed into quarters and there is little time to sucessfully maintain going to school here and partying without hours spent before hand to make up for that time lost due to partying.

Elias

Go and do whatever you enjoy. If you do not enjoy what you do then there is no point in even doing it. if you are having doubts about a place or a major, think twice about it and maybe do not do it. Really listen to whatever your relatives or other people that care about you have to say about their previous experiences on college. Go and study whatever is going to make you happy, it does not matter what others have to say. Never give up always keep fighting for your dreams. College is nothing like high school, but it is going to be great as long you are well prepared to go at it.

Small classrooms and great interaction between student and professor. Lots of labs and projects that give you real experience related to your classes.

Any student that really wants to learn and does not mind to work hard in order to achieve great things.

Joseph

The best thing about MSOE is the small class sizes, which offer excellent student/professor relationships. Another unique component, is the amount of laboratory work you do. There are plenty of opportunities to do hands on learning.

Keep focused on your highschool classes, and don't let anyone discourage you from doing what you're heart tells you to. If you enjoy what you're learning, it becomes much easier to learn. This will also carry over into your career, if you enjoy what you're doing, you'll be good at it, and will therefore be respected.

The most frustrating component of my school is the cost. 35k a year isn't cheap...

MSOE is a very difficult university that works to provide students with an education that provides them with the neccesary characteristics that will make students prepared to become part of the working class.

I would tell myself to work hard and study throughout high school. Also, i would choose different classes that i took. Instead of taking classes with friends, i would have taken more math and science classes to prepare myself fo the beg transition into college. High school was not a challenge and because i am at such a hard university, that the step was so big.

A person that wants to go to school to just go have fun and party would be some one that would not do well here.

Milwaukee School of Engineering administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.