Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee School of Engineering

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Milwaukee School of Engineering

My classmates at Milwaukee School of Engineering all have the same goal to succed, we are all willing to give everything we have to reach that goal and help one another out along the way.

If I could go back to when I was a high school senior and give advice to myself there are just a few things I would say. First of all I would tell myself not to sleep in Algebra, it?s more important than you think and you will need to know it, that would?ve help me a lot at the beginning of my freshman year of college. The second thing I would tell myself is not to worry about high school drama. You?ll realize soon that most of them aren?t even your true friends and besides, the time that you spend dealing with everyone?s problems could be time spent preparing yourself for college. The very last thing I would say is to enjoy yourself. You will soon be ending a big part of your life and beginning an even bigger part. Make the memories while you can because once you get to college you?ll realize how good you really had it back home.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is a person who is not focused or fully perpared for college. A person who has no study skills and no commitment to school would not succeed here. You have to be prepared to give one hundred and ten percent to this school. If you don't believe in yourself you will never make it at Milwaukee School of Engineering. A student who cannot push themselves and is afraid to get help will have a complicated time learning here. A persons prioritites must be in line to attend this school.

Olivia

Engineers, people tend to be better troubleshooters.

Engineers, people tend to be better troubleshooters.

1. Focus on school work. 2. Make better decisions when spending money. 3. Get a job that will give you experience within your field. 4. Never go alone to any party. 5. Be more proactive in school events.

The way they grade, only 10 Percent of the people in a class can get A's. wish I had known about the exchange programs earliers on.. I would have wanted to go to the czech republic or to germany. I

Kevin

Milwaukee School of Engineering is on a Tri-mester system that forces the classes to be fast-paced and rather challenging. MSOE also has a graduation guarantee. It's registrars office will personally make sure that you get the credits you need to graduate in the minimum time required by your major. This may even include opening a new section of a class just so you can receive the credits. MSOE is also a very prestigious degree to have when entering the workforce.

If I were to go back in time and meet myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would tell myself would be to do not take anything for granted. I remember always thinking to myself senior year that I needed to apply for some scholarships, but I only half-heartedly attempted to go out, find them, and apply. I would make sure to motivate my past self into putting a much stronger effort into getting as many scholarships as possible. In addition to scholarships, I would tell my past self to become more involved in as many different clubs and programs as possible. Not only would these clubs help make a difference at the time, but they would also have a very important part in the future as I apply for scholarships and jobs now. Finally, I would encourage myself to apply to numerous colleges instead of just a few. By doing so, I would have a much broader range of programs and opportunities allowing me to have more options to choose from. Apart from academic advice, I would tell my past self to think carefully about what you want to be and do in the future.

When I meet people in the area, simply telling them that i attend MSOE is enough said. People who are aware of MSOE's credentials understand that it is a very challenging school and you must excel academically to keep up with its requirements. When I explain my school to others from a different area, I tend to tell them that MSOE is a very friendly place that is located in the city.

Vincent

I think that if you want to be an engineer that this is the school for you. If you graduate from this institution you are practically gauranteed a good job, which is the main reason that chose to attend.

My classmates are all very intelligent and at times I feel that I don't belong here, but I'm still here have have been assured my multiple professors that I do belong here. For the most part my fellow classmates are a lot of fun and interesting people, but sometimes very serious and overly stressed.

Don't base an experience off of financial gains or losses not now or in the future. Don't pocrastinate so much. Nothing is set in stone if you are not sure of something right now then that is okay. You will not be in school forever. Do not think that you can breeze your way through college like you did in high school.

Juan

The biggest advice would be to maintain my study habits, have fun and that college is better than you had ever imagined.

The characteristics of a person that should not attend this school would be someone who does not enjoy challenging themselves, working hard, balancing school and their personal lives. The school is made to be challenging in its acceptance requirements but is a school that every student coul succeed in. The faculty and academic resources make it a no-brainer for students who want to have the best college eperience possible.

The most frustraing thing about my school would have to be the pace of coursework but is also a nice thing when you get to cover and leran so much.

Meghan

My school has the closeness of a small university, the passion of a large institution, and the academic excellence of the leading schools in America.

My classmates are very studious, intelligent, and dedicated to success and the future.

College life is a time when your independence and responsibilities as an adult hits you full force. Friends are an essential part of the high school to college transition. If you sit alone in your room studying or sitting on the computer all the time you will be much less passionate and more unhappy about your new life. College should be a time when you are exploring to find out who you truly are. You cannot dwell in the past; you need to dedicate yourself to being involved in campus life, succeeding in your studies, doing things you want to do, and letting yourself be the best person you can possibly be. It will be a life changing experience that you will never regret, so live it up!

My classmates are very supportive and helpful to one another and are peers that you can count on if you need notes/extra help if you missed class or don't understand something.

I would give myself advice on taking my grades and class work more seriously. Attending more advanced placement classes would be very wise being a senior in High School. Those classes would prepare you more for college courses and would prepare you for the workload that is given at the college level. Also I would encourage myself to read books more often to also prepare you for the amount of reading. Being a good reader will only benefit you and make your readings go quicker and allow you more time to work on other homework or better yet some time to your self for social events/activities.

I wish I knew how much it really costs to go here with all the extra added expenses of living and food. Also, I wish I knew how hard it was to have a job and still go to classes and do well. There is not enough time which makes you more succeptible to taking out more loans.

Marc

If i could go back and talk to my senior self i would tell my self to make sure to take time for social activities and befriending others but more importantly i should play less and work more. MSOE is not like most schools, there is a tremendous amount of work to be done to succeed. You can do it, you just need to buckle down and do it. Have fun with your room, get cool christmas lights or some such and leave them up year round. Ask for help, don't be too proud to admit when you are wrong and always have fun and go that little bit extra. MSOE is tough, but not impossible. Yeah you are going into an engineering major but you can still be creative, explore the city! Oh, and make a fort our of your room, it will help you study. Trust me, i would know!

If you can make it through(it's crazy intense) you've got a job garunteed. The placement is in between 98-100 percent for all majors. The whole point of college is to get a degree to further your life, to allow you to get a better job. MSOE does this without a doubt.

This is a school for a very motivated individual, this isn't a party school, and classes are not easy. There is tremendous support from the staff and fellow students, but you have to driven to ask for help and to put in the extra effort to succeed.

If I could go back to senior year I would tell myself to be more open. I was very shy freshman year and I did not make any really close friends until my third year in college. The whole world is available to a student in college. It is the responsibility of the student to make the most of it. Also if you are having a hard time finding yourself, give it time. Do not hang out with the wrong people or choose to do things that are against your morals just to have friends. Besides the social side of college, I would tell myself to take advantage of the services that the university offers. If you need help go and get it! There is no reason to struggle in class when there are numerous resources available to help students.

It is small so the opportunity to meet someone new at school is small.

A focused, hard-working individual. One that likes to have fun, but manages time.

Damieshia

My classmates are smart, mostly white males.

My classmates are smart, mostly white males.

I would tell myself to go right to college, and to make sure that I pick a college that is out of state and very diverse.

The students have to take all these extra class that they really don't need in for their major. Why should business majors have to take chemistry?

Milwaukee School of Engineering administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.