About Mineral Area College

Founded in 1965, Mineral Area College. is a college. Located in Missouri, which is a city setting in Missouri, the campus itself is Town. The campus is home to 4,173 full time undergraduate students, and 0 full time graduate students.

The Mineral Area College Academic calendar runs on a Semester basis. In the school year the student to faculty ratio was 24:1. There are 69 full time instructional teachers. Degrees awarded at Mineral Area College include: Bachelor's Degree, Masters Degree, Post-master's certificate, Doctor's degree.

Quick Facts

Acceptance Rate100%
Application Deadline
Application Fee15
SAT Range
ACT Range

Admissions at MAC are considered , with ,1% of all applicants being admitted.

In the school year, of the students who applied to the school, only of those who were admitted eventually ended up enrolling.

0% of incoming freshmen are in the top half of their high school class. 0% were in the top quarter, and 0% were in the top tenth. You can apply online.

STUDENT LIFE

We asked, and students answered these important questions about student life at Mineral Area College.

“We”re apathetic”
“We know about current events and vote”
“We participate and encourage others to get involved”
“There”s nothing we won”t protest”
“We save it for the classroom”
“Sometimes, but not often”
“There”s usually intelligent conversation to be found”
“All the time, including weekends”
“I”m always terrified”
“I only go out in groups”
“I usually let someone know where I”m going”
“I feel extremely safe”
“We don”t play sports”
“We play recreationally”
“We bought the gear”
“We live for the big game”
“It”s not really our thing”
“Occasinally we gallery crawl”
“There are a variety of opportunities”
“We”re a very artistic group”
“Haven”t met them”
“Available in class”
“They keep regular office hours”
“They”re always available”
“No greek life, but other groups to join”
“There is some involvement, but not a lot”
“Plenty of people join a sorority or fraternity”
“It”s everything. If you”re not greek, you”re a geek”
“We”re not into drinking at all”
“Maybe a little, but it”s not a big thing”
“We only party on weekends”
“There”s some drinking happening every night”
“Never, we”re here to learn”
“There might be people who do”
“People are known to partake on weekends”
“There”s a huge drug scene”
“We”re apathetic”
“We know about current events and vote”
“We participate and encourage others to get involved”
“There”s nothing we won”t protest”
“We save it for the classroom”
“Sometimes, but not often”
“There”s usually intelligent conversation to be found”
“All the time, including weekends”
“I”m always terrified”
“I only go out in groups”
“I usually let someone know where I”m going”
“I feel extremely safe”
“We don”t play sports”
“We play recreationally”
“We bought the gear”
“We live for the big game”
“It”s not really our thing”
“Occasinally we gallery crawl”
“There are a variety of opportunities”
“We”re a very artistic group”
“Haven”t met them”
“Available in class”
“They keep regular office hours”
“They”re always available”
“No greek life, but other groups to join”
“There is some involvement, but not a lot”
“Plenty of people join a sorority or fraternity”
“It”s everything. If you”re not greek, you”re a geek”
“We”re not into drinking at all”
“Maybe a little, but it”s not a big thing”
“We only party on weekends”
“There”s some drinking happening every night”
“Never, we”re here to learn”
“There might be people who do”
“People are known to partake on weekends”
“There”s a huge drug scene”

Mineral Area College REVIEWS

Write a review, Enter to win $1,000 Scholarship
  • How would you rate on-campus housing?

7 Students rated on-campus housing 3.3 stars. 0 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate off-campus housing?

5 Students rated off-campus housing 3.7 stars. 0 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate campus food?

7 Students rated campus food 3.3 stars. 0 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate campus facilities?

7 Students rated campus facilities 4.1 stars. 29 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate class size?

7 Students rated class size 4.3 stars. 43 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate school activities?

7 Students rated school activities 3.3 stars. 14 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate local services?

7 Students rated local services 2.9 stars. 0 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate academics?

7 Students rated academics 4.3 stars. 43 % gave the school a 5.0.

What's your overall opinion of Mineral Area College?

7 Students rated Mineral Area College

Austin

college campus and rooms are very nice great job

Raylyn

It is a very good community college to further your education after high school. It has wonderful teachers, students, and facilities. It is a nice college to consider in your high education career.

Gabby

Mineral Area College has a very prestigious RN program that is well known. It is a very competitive and challenging program that many people want to have the opportunity to be a part of. Hospitals around the state know how prestigious this program is and have very high regards for it. All of the staff are helpful and friendly. The professors make themselves very available through class time, office hours, and email. I have never not been able to reach an instructor within 24 hours. The class sizes are perfect for learning. The teacher knows your name and how you learn best. Overall I would recommend Mineral Area College to anyone looking for a community college.

Abigail

MAC is a safe, friendly community college in the middle of a small community. It's an extremely accessible college with a homey atmosphere. The professors are there to help you learn and are always there when you need them. The building structure is very convenient, having all the buildings connected together in a horseshoe shape. You don't have to worry about walking to your next class in the pouring rain or snow.

Mineral Area College FAQS

1. What is the Acceptance Rate at Mineral Area College?

The fall 2020 acceptance rate for Mineral Area College is 100%. That means, out of _____ applications received in 2020 , _____ students were offered admission. The number of males who applied was _____ vs the number of females which was _____.

2. What should every freshman at your school know before they start?

If i could go back and give myself advice while i was in high school i would have alot to tell myself. I would advise myself to take as many college credit classes as i could while they are free in high school. I would also tell myself about grants and scholarships available that i should have been looking for and applying for. The advise i would stress on myself the most is to start college very soon after high school, if not immediatly, because if not i would forget alot of what i have already learned in prior years! Working in the real world without a college education is hard and will not make myself much money at all.

3. Here's your chance: Say anything about your college!

Mineral Area College offers courses in the field of Television and Cinema. Other colleges around where I live do not offer it. The Courses are very specific to the field that I desire.

4. What's the one thing you wish someone had told you about freshman year?

Truthfully, I feel like I was very prepared to attend Mineral Area College. Before enrolling, I had visited the college and I knew many people who were already attending Mineral Area College or who had in the past. I can't think of anything important that I wish I had known before attending.

5. Describe how your school looks to someone who's never seen it.

Mineral Area is a community college focused around not only academics, but many theatrical, musical, and athletic events also.

6. Describe the students at your school.

My classmates and very open and respective to everyone and their points of view.

7. What do you consider the worst thing about your school? Why?

The worst thing about Mineral Area College is the the expense of the books. Text books at the Mineral Area College bookstore are very expensive, and it can be difficult for students to afford them. The college does accept text book buy-backs, but you don't recieve even close to the amount that were paid for the books in return. Many times, books are upgraded and no money is refunded for the older version of the text book.

8. What kind of person should attend this school?

Someone who is focused on becoming a part of the community and loves to interact with new people should definitally join in an educational experience with Mineral Area College.

Student Body

Student Organizations

Fraternities

Sororities

Housing

of students living on campus

Student Diversity

% American Indian/Alaskan Native
% Asian/Pacific Islander
% Black or African-American
% Hispanic/Latino
% White or Caucasian

TUITION & AID

All students must apply yearly for financial aid. This process starts with the FAFSA. Though financial aid deadlines vary by school, it is a good idea to apply as soon as possible. For the upcoming school year, you can apply as early as October 1 for the FAFSA. Additional school aid will be dependent on the FAFSA results.

92% of students attending Mineral Area College receive some sort of financial aid. 56% were awarded federal grants. While 19% received federal loans. Many students do also need to apply for additional private student loans.

Cost Out of State

$5,720

Tuition and fees(Out of state)

$1,600

Books and Supplies

$7,238

Room and Board

14,558

Total On Campus

Actual Cost By Income Level(W/Financial Aid)

Family Income
$10,861
$110K & UP
$10,346

FIND SCHOLARSHIPS

Find your perfect match from over 3 million scholarships!

CAN YOU GET INTO Mineral Area College?

Complete your profile to see if this school is a fit for you, and what your chances of admitance are.