Park Hills, MO
Mineral Area College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mineral Area College

I can hear the slamming of locker doors, the chatter of students trying to get in a few words before the tardy bell rings, and the squeaking of tennis shoes on tile as the last stragglers are bustling to class. While sitting at my desk, I observe the teacher close the classroom door and return to her desk to take roll. I am sitting at my desk once again as a high school senior. Instead of dwelling on the insanity of the situation, I realize that this is a once in a life time opportunity to prepare myself for college. I spend the rest of the day telling myself that it doesn't matter how boring the teacher is, it is my responsibilty to listen and to learn the subject. If I find it challenging to pay attention, I need to concentrate extra hard on taking notes, or record the lecture for future reference. I tell myself not to sit by my friends in class because I will probably end up being distraced. I tell myself to never procrastinate because it will end in disaster. Lastly, I tell myself to always do my best and I will succeed.

Truthfully, I feel like I was very prepared to attend Mineral Area College. Before enrolling, I had visited the college and I knew many people who were already attending Mineral Area College or who had in the past. I can't think of anything important that I wish I had known before attending.

The worst thing about Mineral Area College is the the expense of the books. Text books at the Mineral Area College bookstore are very expensive, and it can be difficult for students to afford them. The college does accept text book buy-backs, but you don't recieve even close to the amount that were paid for the books in return. Many times, books are upgraded and no money is refunded for the older version of the text book.

Ben

Well i would first remind him that medical school is the what to do. I would encourage him to go ahead and join the national guard like he is thinking about . I would tell him to take more science classes and advanced math classes. and to start college as soon as possible, not wait until 2 years after graduation. and to not get discouraged.

Mineral Area College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.