Minneapolis Community and Technical College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Minneapolis Community and Technical College

It's a great school overall mainly because of its location and academics. The school is located in Minneapolis Downtown and that's basically my favorite place to be. I live in the suburbs so it's super relaxing and incredibly awesome to be able to go to the Minneapolis. Also the the acadamics are good as well. All my classmates in my classes were always helping out each other and working together. That was such a relief to me because to be honest, I have a hard time working alone. So working with others makes a huge difference. MCTC is over all great because it's so far, I've had a great experience emotionally and academically.

Kristen

I have attended three colleges during my education and MCTC has been my favorite school. At other schools, I have felt like I am just in a larger high school, but here at MCTC I feel like a college student. My Professor's have been extremely helpful in my studies and they actually care about their students and our futures. I would recommend MCTC to anyone.

aqua

Minneapolis Community & Tech College, has been an amazing home away from home. I found the campus to be inviting and there was always something to do. I could tell that each of my professors cared about the subjects they were teaching. my class sizes would vary from a small as 13 to as large as 56. however, my teachers always had enough time to meet with me and other students. I am so thankful to MCTC with it's urban campus and diverse professors. I learned so much about making connections with total strangers and getting around on my own. MCTC does not have on campus housing, They do have many resources within the twin cities to ensure that getting an education can be in the forefront of every students mind.

Dallas

I went to a fancy-pants, expensive, private university and my experience at MCTC is a thousand times better. No, really. A thousand times. That's how awesome this school is. This is the most diverse campus in Minnesota. I've never been in another environment where I've been able to connect with, work with, listen to, and learn from people with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. Becoming genuinely more comfortable with diversity is not only important from a personal development standpoint but gives you an edge when applying for jobs in the real world where employers are increasingly concerned with diversifying their pool of employees. This isn't something you learn from books and theory, it's a skill that comes naturally from immersing yourself in an environment where you can experience connecting with people different from yourself. Equity and inclusion are reflected in the support structures in place for students for whom attending college were not a given. There are programs, initiatives, and groups available to students who are immigrants, parents, veterans, struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, re-entering society after being incarcerated, international students, honor students, students with disabilities, students experiencing homelessness, students for whom sexuality and gender are prominent issues in their lives, and so much more. The faculty aren't at MCTC because they want to climb to the top of the academic ladder or hole up in a lab doing research while their TA's lecture in class. They're there because they are passionate about teaching and this is evident in their level of investment in their students. I've had brilliant professors who genuinely care about me. And the staff give 110%, too. From Student Life to Career Services to the Learning Center, to the library staff, everyone is helpful, responsive, and student-centered. The main building is nothing to get excited about, but it's undergoing a complete renovation in the next few years and students are helping shape it's future in both function and design. The science building is beautiful. The campus is located on the edge of downtown and sits on the northeast corner of a big park with a pond, a dog park visible from skyways and certain floors of certain buildings, and squirrels who like to come see if you have a snack rather than run from you when you get near. The cafeteria is owned by an alumnus and pays a living wage for its employees. They have a global offering of cuisine, but it would be nice if they had more vegan options as the ones they do have get old after a while. If I could wave a magic wand and rid the world of stigma against community colleges, I'd Harry Potter that sh*t immediately. My time at MCTC has been phenomenal and simply cannot compare to my time at Hamline. The campus isn't as pretty, we don't have glitzy facilities and meticulously manicured shrubbery, but the heart of the campus is golden. Check it out.

Shandell

It seems like a great school. The courses that I have taken have been well-taught, and I’ve taken away knowledge that I was looking to obtain. They offer a wide variety of courses online, which makes it a great option for working adults and/or parents that need flexibility in course offerings.

Nimo

MCTC is a great college with many diverse students that are respectful and helpful. Professors, are also really helpful; they explain things in precise and very clear way and are always there to help. Almost all professors are well organized. In general, the school is really good, and I recommend students to take classes there for their bright future.

Ali

Great school and diversity. I really like the fact that also community is good. I’ve been attending this school in my high school time for summer classes. I really like the environment and location. It’s the only school I learn all the good to be better student.

Jalika

My Opinion is that the college football league is going back this year an that is not good for the college. The school football team needs more training an practices a time . My other opinion is that many now many students are not going to Artists like this year many people drop their major. My friend told me that she drop because of the teacher, the teacher was not going them enough of time to get there work don’t the teacher will always make the student fail an exam. Study always fail that class an that is not a good thing in a schooling system.

Ellias

I chose to begin my educational path at a 2 year college, there I would complete my liberal education and lay the ground work for my transfer to a 4 year university. Minneapolis Community & Technical College was my first choice because of proximity. I enjoyed my time there, the professors are knowledgeable and genuinely invested in seeing you succeed. The administration is constantly working to improve or enhance the college experience, faculty and staff are there to help you progress every step of the way. The student body is very diverse, which adds to the campus culture. Surprisingly, like myself, there were many of us with families or returning to school after a long break. Overall, I never felt out of place. I felt like I was coming home.

Ogougba

A campus which is there to help move forward for success ... And the amazing thing is they have academic success, trio and student in support it all to help us succeed.

Kay

I love some of the professors, some are very unorganized. Sometimes, they are a little bias when it comes to certain things instead of trying to understand. The service here isn’t helpful either. They pretty much doesn’t tell you what is going on. You would have to ask why is going on and if they aren’t clear. They give you the run around and doesn’t give you the direct answer.

Anna

Overall, I feel like I belong in my school. It's one of the only institutions I have attended that I see both the students and the faculty, alongside the school board itself, want to make it the best, most warming, educational, and safe environment, I am so glad to be a part of MCTC.