Fergus Falls, MN
Minnesota State Community and Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Minnesota State Community and Technical College

Clancy

It's a great college for someone looking for an inexpensive, yet worthwhile education. The small town feel is good for some, but not everyone. Teachers know many students by name and the campus tends to be friendly. Because it's a small campus with not many people around, especially during the afternoon, I prefer to travel around campus with other people.

Claire

I believe that M State is a good/quality college for students who aren't sure where to go or are unsure of what field they would like to go in to. It is very affordable, and the teachers/coaches/staff do a very good job at lending a hand and making themselves as available as possible for the students.

I love MN State and Comm Tech. It has been a great experience filled with plenty of people to help along the way. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to get started in the college process.

I think it is a great opportunity for anyone seeking more affordable tuition. Very friendly and helpful staff. Small classes, more help and attention from instructors. Fast, affordable programs available. Convenient Location right by the freeway. Education program exceed above most.

Miranda

If I could go back to when I was a high school senior and give myself some advice, it would be to not fall into the habit of procrastination. It can make or break you, especially during finals week. I would tell myself to always make sure that I carry a few bucks with you at all times, for random food runs with friends. As much as it hurts to turn down an invite to a party that I know bad things will be happening at, to do it anyway. My life is worth more than a party, and most people will respect the decision to stay out of trouble. For good parking, get to school seven minutes after the last class period ended, that’s when people are leaving. Try to get some sleep. Know that the sudden freedom doesn’t mean that you can skip out on your homework. Seriously, do homework. Show up to class. Sign up for clubs, but not for the evenings. Have fun with the college experience. It's totally awesome.

I wished I had known that I may find it difficult to transfer credits when moving on to a four-year college or university.

Meghan

My classmates are hardworking and eager to learn.

My classmates are hardworking and eager to learn.

My first 4 years being an undergrad were great. You learn many things while living in the dorms and also going to class with soo many diverse people. I am glad I went to school right after college; because I have learned a lot not just in the classroom but also from my classmates. Things from how to cook certain things, up to how to determine the velocity of a rollercoaster while sitting on it. Overall the education I have gained from college has been a positive trip.

I wish I would have gone to the orientation so I would know where everything is.

Adam

I would tell myself to focus much more on school. I was not very accedemic in high school and now that I am in college and enjoying learning, I wish I would have applied myself in high school much more than I did. I would tell myself that my future in education is much more important than many of the other aspects of my life that I deamed more important at the time. I would also tell my self how important a good education is and how difficult it is to transition myself to college with a poor attempt at education in high school. Not having attempted to excel in high school did not bode well for me at the beginning of my college career but now that I have applied myself and have began enjoying learning again, I really have a new outlook on my future and how my college education plays a role in it.

One step on campus and anyone can see we accept everyone. There is no type of student that should not attend this school. MSCTC - Fergus Falls has a very diverse attendence and also has the capability to handle each one. We have many multicultural students who enjoy it here very much. We also have many students from around the nation, who come here for specific reasons. We have PSEO students as well, which I really think is great.

Sara

This school is a community college in Fergus Falls, Minnesota; it is racially diverse and has many different programs for different persons.

If I were able to go back in time to give myself advice about making the transition to college easier, I would tell myself to not worry about the small problems that come up. There were many small difficulties which arose during my transition, and the stress these caused was not worth it. I would also tell myself to not make hasty decisions about the chosen major. I made these quick decisions, and I regretted it because I changed my major multiple times. If I thought about these decisions more, I would have had a more successful transition from high school to college.

Since this school is racially diverse, a person who is not willing to be around people of different ethnic groups, races, and cultures and who are not willing to conform in order to learn about these differences should not atend this school.

Minnesota State Community and Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.