Mankato, MN
Minnesota State University-Mankato

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Minnesota State University-Mankato

Alyssa

Most of my classmates are very smart and very academically involved. They are not slackers like your typical view of a college kid is. They are here to get an education and thats what they are doing. Oh course there are the typical classmates who are slackers but they are fairly hard to come by.

If I were able to go back in time the first thing I would tell myself is: don?t be afraid to be different. In my high school graduating class there were roughly 38 people so it was pretty hard to break out of the traditional mold. When I chose to come to Minnesota State University Mankato I was breaking that mold because I was going to college 6 ? hours away from home and going alone. I was truly starting a completely different chapter in my life with no one from my hometown coming with me. I would tell myself that it is ok to be scared of moving away and it will be hard at first but never forget the place you came from and the people that love you there. I would tell myself to never give up on my dreams and don?t listen to those people who may not believe that I can do it. I am the one in charge of my future, not them! I would also tell myself to seize every opportunity that college throws my way and don?t be scared to go out on a limb and try something different.

The campus itself. It is large enough to experience diversity and a variety of courses, but it is also small enough so you can have small class sizes. It is also nice to walk around campus and occassionally bump into someone you know.

Rashelle

College is for everyone don't wait to go . Start looking now for a place to rent and for the school of your choice ,interview all of your choices wisely have a pen paper with for questions and to write down information that will help you figure out what you ant to do use all channels go on line and enter all scholarships you can so you won't have to take out a loan like I did, Plan ahaead. Save every pennie in a roth that you don't get penalties for taking out eraly I use ModernWoodmen . Becareful as to where you choce to live read the fine lines.Interview interview! Do your reascherch.

small classes one on one teaching if needed, the equipment is state of the art price is okay when I graduate I will have a associate degree in graphics transfers to other schools job placement is garanteed not far from my parents

how expenseive it is to live in mankato or just on my own would have like to know about your grant and many others.

Luke

I would tell myself to value time, money, and above all, people. I would advise myself not to waste a single moment or dollar, but never hesitate to spend time or money on the people I love. I would also remind myself how important it is to live by decisions and not by feelings. I would encourage the younger me to stick with his guns even when he didn't feel like it.I would advise myself to be fearless in experiencing new things and new people. Oh, and I would tell myself to watch One Tree Hill every Monday. My current girlfriend watches that show every week, and I tried to watch it with her the other day and had no clue what was going on, haha!

Johnny

If I could go back and time talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that the transition from high school to college is not as hard as people try to make it seem. You really just have to prepare your self for a change and and take responsibility and manage your time accordinally.

The diversity that is offered on the campus because it gives insight to the cultures that surrounds our community. It helps us better understand the people that are all around us. The way that one speaks of their own culture gives diverse reasoning to the fact that they are unique.

A person that should not attend this school is for people that are not open to seeing new things around campus. The people that don't want to explore around the cultures and have a better understanding with others that are different.

charmaine

i would tell my self to not take high school as a joke because the things you learn there can help you in the long run in college . also make sure you develope good studying techniques.

the best thing about our campus is that there is alot of things to do and many people to hang out with. also the people here are vary friendly.

someone who is out going and likes to be involved in many different activities. also someone who want a smaller campus but that is still alot of fun.

Kelsey

I would tell myself to take online classes offered, as a PSEO student because there were no college credit classes offered at my highschool, it could have saved me alot of time and money upon arriving at college. I also would have told myself to look into nursing schools around the state to know what I needed for credits before attending Mankato.

I wish I would have known about ways to save money on textbooks. The campus bookstore does not have good discounts on books.

Minnesota State University, Mankato has a great environment both for education and meeting new people. It is a friendly school with many students but a small town atmosphere. The people are great and the campus has many opportunities for entertainment and education.

Catrina

Some advice that I would give myself would be to not bring my life!!! I brought so much with me. And I live in Illinois so it's an 8 hour drive and I can't just bring things home on the weekend easily. So when my mom came to pick me up for winter break I had to pack the car with a whole bunch of stuff that I shouldn't have brought. It was such a pain. And to bring a pair of slippers! I never wore slippers before, but now I wear them everywhere. A lot of things are in the same building and slippers are easy and comfy. Also to bring a fan because it gets really stuffy and hot in a tiny room you have to share with someone and your roommate might not like to have the window open..mine didn't. So I would sweat to death.Bring a water filter and a nice metal waterbottle. I wasted so much money my first semester on bottled water! I remember being a senior and freaking out about going to college. But really, its not much different except you have a lot of independence!ENJOY!

I love the fact that they are so helpful. They have a class called first year experience and its for freshman. It is just an informational class on where things are located on campus, how to get in touch with advisors, groups that are here at the university, and a whole lot more just to get you more comfortable and know where everything is. I felt so welcome my first week of school. I was really nervouse, but everyone was very helpful, even the students that are older.

I brag to them about living in a dorm room and how fun it is. I also brag t them about how we have a recreation center here and it has amazing workout equitment with t.v's and internet. So while I work out I can go online or watch a movie. I also brag about how fun the teachers are here. I come from Illinois, so I brag about how I have a lot of independence being away from my family.

negar

continue education and do not stop. Find out what is it that you really really really want to do and enjoy doing it, go for it perevere and make it happen.

accredited, nice people, close to where I live

College is not all about studying and getting the grades. It is also about making a lifetime of memories, creating life long friends, and expieriencing things that you have never exprienced before. Life is short, so work hard and have fun. Classes are not that much harder than high school and you do not need to be nervous for them and they can even be fun!

I wish I had know that I would make new friends fast and have fun and fantastic memories at this school. It would have made the nerves go away and my worrying stop and I would have known that everything bad that happened in the past does not matter anymore because I was making a new start.

A person who does not really know who they are will enjoy themselves at Minnesota State University, Mankato mostly becasue there are some many different types of people and activities on campus that in the end, who you thought you were and who you turn out to be may not be what you expected. People of all shapes and sizes will find their place and enjoy themselves while learning in an academically challenging enviornment.

Isiah

Having a very good enigneering program which is why i chose to go to this school for engineering.

Well the very first thing i would tell myself is to work harder at getting scholorships because i didnt get any money for scholorships for the fall term and paying for college ran me broke. I would tell myself to start looking for a job right now because at this point in time it is basically impossible to get a job for i have put a application in litterally everywhere and only could get a seasonal job which is now over with. I would also like to be able to go back and tell myself that if i wanna play college basketball that i am the only person who is going to get me into playing because my good for nothing coach doesnt help me at all and that if i dont go out and get schools to watch me myself i will not be playing college ball and that i will miss it a ton. And last but not least i would tell myself that if i do not take college seriously and buckle down and study as hard as i can and go into civil engineering instead of electrical engineering or else i will fail my first semester.

Most the parking lots are very far away from the school and since it is located in Minnesota it is a very cold walk and can be very difficult to walk through the snow and slushy sidewalks. Now of course you can get a closer parking lot but in the economic times it is very hard to afford a parking pass along with all the other costs of everyday living.

Minnesota State University-Mankato administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.