Mankato, MN
Minnesota State University-Mankato

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Minnesota State University-Mankato

Heather

It's just a regular school, it feels like a continuation of high school, but so much better than that with great diverse people, a beautiful campus with artistic elements, and if you do your homework, study for your course load, and pay attention in class, there is no reason you shouldn't pass.

I'm not really sure, because it used to be drinking, but that was a few bad groups who made us all look bad. We have really great people in every department that I have come across, and we should be known for something like that.

I would concentrate on basics, like your interests and make sure that the campus or surrounding area has a few places that you really like. Take a campus tour! They are free and a great way to see exactly what you'd be getting into. If it doesn't quite feel right, keep looking, but make sure to keep track of likes/dislikes. Don't box yourself into one major right away. Check out a few different things and don't write something off because your "friends" wouldn't like it. This is the time to do what you want to do, and find out who you are. I suggest dorms the first year because there will always be people around to hang out with and weekly activities, whichever ones pique your interest. There are so many different activities, but you won't find them huttled in your room playing video games. While that is okay to do sometimes, go out and just experience life. If hanging at the game is not your thing, try something else. Ask others where some great hangout spots are. College is about having the time of your life, so why not?

Friendly, not too big, pretty, updated and busy.

Friendly, not too big, pretty, updated and busy.

Go on campus tours, and don't just see if the campus is right for you but the town/city has to offer you too. Get involed on campus, if its going to sporting events, intramural sports or volunteer work.

The way that student fees are used on campus.

Holly

a diverse group of people in everyway, yet accepting of one another

a diverse group of people in everyway, yet accepting of one another

visit alot of colleges and get an early start! dont wait to go to college after high school even if it seems intimidating.. just go. dont hold back on attending college activities, it helps you make alot of friends. the friends you make in college are the people who will more than likely be your lifelong friends. have fun, but be sure to focus on your studies and do things in your own time. everyone does things in their own time, so stay true to yourself, and make the best of your college years. afterall, you only get to experience them for a short time.

someone who hates small towns, or someone who is not comfortable in a small diverse college community

Brenard

Its a wonderful safety school for those who are worried about class workload.

Its a wonderful safety school for those who are worried about class workload.

This is a great school for your child to attend. Its not to big or too small of a school. I think that its economically cheap depending on what major your going for. The school also has plenty of events for students to attend and a great learning atmosphere.

Anyone whose not looking to attend a major university with over 20,000 people.

Mark

Some motivated who do well, others lazy who fail.

Some motivated who do well, others lazy who fail.

When choosing a college the size of the campus will not matter. It is the people who are there that will define your college career. Find a college where you feel comfortable being yourself. Once in school be sure to socialize and network as much as possible. Study hard but remember to take time for yourself. Engage your professors, not only do they enjoy it; you will learn a lot more. Attend different school events as much as possible, and try the more obscure events as well. Actively search for job opportunities before you leave school. Do these things and you will have an unforgettable college experience.

Professors give group projects so they don't have to grade as much.

If it doesn't feel like the right fit, wait and give it a chance to grow on you. You might find out that it's just the place for you.

I would have to say the new technology around campus and the growing atmosphere. I swear the school gets a little bigger each and every year.

Someone who is close minded and is not willing to change or have fun. Because that's what college is all about: growing socially and academically, and having fun.

Will

Look around! Look all over your state, look all over the country, look all over the world! Look for the perfect school, it is out there if you look hard enough. Find a school with the right program or programs that are exactly what you want to do or are at least on the short list of things you really love and understand. Check out the campus. Check out the dorms. When it's right, you'll know. When you get there, try anything and try everything. You are now the captain of your own soul. Own your life. Its yours!!! You have been living the life of your parents, the life of your school, the life of your teachers, and now it's time for you to live your life, and the only way to figure out what that is is to just take in everything around you. Reach out to the community around you, and look into all the groups and activities around you. If you are scared, or confused, or you feel alone, the fact is you aren't. College is filled with thousands of people that feel the same way. Be Yourself. Enjoy Yourself. Love It!

I wish I had known more about how the administration of everything on campus worked, so I would have had an easier time figuring everything out, such as financial and scheduling issues. I really had to play things by ear and ask a lot of questions to a lot of different people, because I didn't feel as if I was adequately informed of how the inner workings of the school's administration works. Also, if I was more informed about the variety of MSUs extracurricular and social activities, such as intramural sports, I would have been much more involved.

That I'm usually paying a lot less than them to go to school! And that my school has the exact program for what I want to major in and do for my career in my life. And my school has the best music and theatre programs in the state. And I have free cable in the dorms while many schools don't! And I really enjoy being at MSU, while many of my friends are not always having a great experience in their schools, I know that I am in the right place, and I made the right choice.

Aaron

I think it all depends on what one can afford. If one is able to afford a higher education with proper financial aid I think that person should take the opportunity and go for it. I think diversity playes a big part in someones choice. Diversity I believe is a great aspect for ones choice. One other decision I faced was where did most of my went to school. I chose the college where my best friend went to. Since then I've met 3 people I know I will be friends with for the rest of my life.

I believe anyone would be right to attend this college. It is really good for the money put into education.

I don't really brag about anything, but we do have a really clean campus with great teachers.

Michelle

Get your child involved in activities, otherwise they will be left nearly friendless. Living on campus helps you make friends better.

That we can come together as a school when we experiences a tragedy.

I wish I would have know how RELAXED the professors are on grading things and returning them.

Natalie

Knowing what major you want to persue is a good start. So finding a college that specializes or has wonderful facilities with that major would be a good route to go. I think that when going to your first year at college that you should stay on on campus housing in the dorms or something like that because then you are in the action. Its an easy way to make new friends and find a place where you fit in. Also making friends with the people who are in your major because from my experience i have classes with them everyday so its important to have a good relationship with them because they shortly become your family away from home. Dont be afraid to get involved with new things, and try things you've never done before because now is the time. And the most important thing about making the most of your college experience: Dont go home every weekend! You miss out on a lot and trust me if you go home you wont feel like you fit in at college and you'll want to leave when in reality you do fit in.

Minnesota State University-Mankato administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.