Mankato, MN
Minnesota State University-Mankato

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Minnesota State University-Mankato

My classmates couldn't be more fun to be around if I could have dreamed them up.

The advice I would give to myself is be yourself. If one group of people doesn't like the real you, there are thousands of other people that would love the real you. I would tell myself to not waste my time trying to be somebody that I'm not, to go with the flow, and enjoy what college life has to offer!

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the registration windows for each student vary, and it is often very hard to register for the classes that you need.

Besides being known for the wide divesity of people, Minnesota State Mankato is known for their nurisng and engineer programs. Most of the females who come to this univerity come for the nursing program. It is a tough program, but if you get in, you are gaurenteed a job right out of colllege.

I like where I go to school because the campus is very diverse. The student population is represented by a wide variey of races and ethnicities. I believe the facutly at Minnesota State Univeristy are a lot more helpful than they are at other universities I have visited. The professors want to see their students succeed and will go out of their way to help their students.

Ellen

Go to the college that is going to make you the happiest. Be near the people that are going to make you the happy and support you. Have no fear and take risks. Don't make excuses and do not fool yourself. Money was a big factor for me and I didn't take the risk I needed to. I regret that decision now, and I know that if I would have taken the chance last year then I would be a happier person now. Even though the risk might be large, nothing compares to happiness. Never sell yourself short and always pursue your dreams. You may believe that your dreams are out of reach, but if you don't take a chance you will never know what could have been. Do not sit in fear hoping that things will just work out on their own because it is important to make your own happiness and do whatever it takes to get there. If I could go back, I would tell myself to follow my heart and to take a chance. There is nothing more regretful than not trying your hardest and telling yourself, "what if?".

The best thing about this college is that it is big enough to the point where you can get involved in so many different activities, clubs, and groups but yet it also isn't too big. It is small enough where you are able to really get to know a good group of people. The campus offers many different opportunities to get involved and that is a big factor when applying for jobs after graduation. Area is important and there are many things located close to campus making it feel like a small town.

Someone that shouldn't attend Mankato is someone that doesn't like heavy winds! It always seems to be windy around campus compared to anywhere else in Minnesota! But, don't let it hold you back. If you are a person that doesn't like school spirit then I would also suggest not attending, because there seems to be plenty of it to go around. But in reality, if you don't like having bigger classes than I would suggest not attending either. Most classes on campus, especially general education, have a good amount of students in them.

michaela

i have not been to college and i would love to get this scholarship so that i can show my family what i can do . And make a better life for me and my future family i wanna be a better person for me and my family.

Unfortunatley, I have not gotten anything out of my college experience mainly because I have not attended college for more than 2 months total. I now understand it is valuable to attend in order to climb the career ladder. However, the three years I spent working in various jobs and working my way through the reastuarant ladder I have aquired time management, patience, a work ethic, and an understanding that you will never be happy in life unless you love what you do. I would not trade these qualities and experiences for a traditional out of high school into college experience. I feel that when I do graduate in four years I will still be ahead of my peers. This is due in part that I will have a degree in the exact major I intend to pursue as a career, and that I have a very extensive track record for someone my age. However, it is valuable to attend college no matter where you are when you graduate high school, because as you get older more "baggage" will hold you back from attending school. Wether it be financial, family, or just a matter of not having the time.

Theatre and dance are very prodominate. I know many students who have come here for theatre and dance, including a girl in my dorm hall from Chicago. There are also alot of nursing and dental hygiene majors at our school and we have our own dental clinic on campus.

So far, the first year of my college experience has been nothing like I expected it to be. I expected to spend more time socializing than studying. I expected to immediately make a lot of new friends and create the lifelong connections that everyone says you will make in college. I also expected classes to be very hard and for me to struggle through exams. My first semester was very easy and so far my second semester is looking to be the same. Although it's nothing like I expected, it has been an interesting experience. I have made a few new friends and mostly I have learned new things about myself. I learned that I do not cohabitate well and I like to have my personal space. I learned new study habits and revised old ones. I have also learned that I need to work harder to step outside my comfort zone. Finding out all these valuable things about myself has made college a valuable experience.

I wish some of the upperclassmen I know here had told me about the partying that goes on in the dorms. The noise makes it hard for me to study and sleep. I do realize though that this is to be expected at most colleges.

My classmates are friendly and genuine.

My classmates are friendly and genuine.

We are known for Diversity at Minnesota State University, Mankato. It is also known for it's teaching program. Its a friendly enviornment.

I grew up in a small town with little diversity. I went to a great school with very friendly people, but I was not exposed different cultures. Moving two and a half hours away from home to an unfamiliar city knowing absolutely no one was an unforgettable experience that I would not trade for anything. I feel that in just the semester I have completed at Minnesota State, I have gained so much more than seventeen credits. I have made friends from different cultures and walks of life, learned to be assertive, and gained independence. I have learned to think in different ways and adjust to the problems that come my way, without my parents' assistance. I have come back a slightly different person, but I believe all the changes were positive ones. The college experience is more than moving into a small dorm room and attending difficult classes. Its becoming independent, adjusting to a wide range of changes, learning to make important decisions, and becoming the person you want to be.

Jenna

What I have gotten out of my college experience has been life changing and I would not trade it for the world. I have learned so much more already in two years of college than I have ever expected by not only learning in the classroom but learning and growing more as a person overall. I have learned that while the opinion of others are important, in the long run it is my life and I decide what happens with it. Whether that be the type of classes I take, the types of people I surround myself with, how I dress; I am in control of my life. This applies directly to the classroom as well. When it comes to school work and studying, I will only be as successful as I want to be. I have learned it is all up to me to get what I want out of my time in college. I think this is something that everyone should experience; whether an individual chooses to go to a two year program and simply get an associates' degree or go for eight and get a doctorate, college can benefit everyone and anyone in whatever way they want.

I think it is a scary thing to be at a new school and not know where to go or who to talk to for help. So the one thing I wish I had known before I started here was really how many resources you have available to you right from the moment of enrollment. Everything from financial aid and housing, to tech services and the many clubs that can help lots of students get involved in their major and the community.

The type of person that should attend this school is someone who wants to learn beyond the classroom; someone who is dedicated to getting involved in their major through the school and the community. MSU has a very strong student body that has a lot confidence in the faculty, staff, and students to help each other achieve the most they can at this university. From the diverse majors, clubs and athletic opportunities, to the unique facilities and community involvement, there is something for anyone and everyone at Minnesota State University- Mankato.

Minnesota State University-Mankato administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.