Minnesota State University-Mankato Top Questions

Myra

My major is nursing and it requires a geography class. I don't think many schools care about geography anymore, but I still think it is very important for young adults to be knowledgable about different regions in the world and how all them affects us in the US. Another major reason why I choose MNSU was for the fact that they answered all my questions and even went further to help me figure out all the steps to starting my academic year. The MNSU Hub is a great resource for students.

Donniesha

The unique thing about my school is that it is a small community. I know alot of schools say that but my school feels like one.

I like where I go to school because the campus is very diverse. The student population is represented by a wide variey of races and ethnicities. I believe the facutly at Minnesota State Univeristy are a lot more helpful than they are at other universities I have visited. The professors want to see their students succeed and will go out of their way to help their students.

When thinking of my school, I immediately think of diversity. Minnesota State University is extremely diverse in many areas. Race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation are all categories which MNSU has a wide variety of students. No individual/group would feel left out at this school.

Rianna

This school is a larger school population wise but it is a very small campus. All the buildings are very close together. Another thing that is unique about this school is that there is ALWAYS activities going on on campus. One other thing that i liked about this campus was that there is a bowling alley in the student union and about a dozen pool tables. Both the bowling and pool don't cost very much.

Tina

I chose to attend MSU-Mankato because of the warm feeling a felt from the city; it reminded me of home and was a very welcoming place. The city has many things to do, where if someone is bored, it is their own fault. I also enjoyed the short walk to my classes because I do not like the cold weather and many of the buildings are connected together where you can go from class to class without going outside.

I was impressed by the Professors of the art department.

There is nothing unique about other schools that I considered, my dream school is in San Diego.

It has a lot of people that I know from when I was younger so it was easy for me to feel comfortable there.

Minnesota State University in Mankato is unique because of the large diversity on campus. Students from all backgrounds and ethnicities are equally excepted and actually valued. You never feel left out at this campus because there are hundreds of clubs and groups, including swing dancing to the gay/lesbian/bi/transgender center.

The reason I chose Mankato is because it is very compatible with a wide variety of students, and more specifically for me, they accepted all the college credits I earned while participating in post-secondary courses during high school. Mankato had an edge over the private schools I considered in this regard as the private schools denied many of my other college credits and of the public schools I considered it was a very nice campus that offered many of the courses I wanted to take.

I like how the campus buildings are close together and not spread out. It's easier and quicker to get to your next classes.

Mitch

It isn't a private school and the atmosphere is very different from other schools I visited.

The diversity beyond race/ethnicity is much greater than any of the other schools I considered. It is a whole different experience when you combine both rurual, suburb, and urban students all in the same classroom instead of just having people who live within the same city, having almost similar points of view.

Bin

It's very friendly and have nice falcuties.