Minnesota State University-Mankato Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Minnesota State University-Mankato

Michelle

As a returning student, they have been helpful to me finding my way through the process.

steven

This college is a big safe space for cry-bullies. If you are a fan of forced multi-culturalism, overinflated rape statistics on every bulletin board, and left-wing brainwashing- this is the school for you.

Ruby

This a great college its got a good atmosphere. The faculty are very well educated and provide students with a challenge. I enjoy being around intelligent people who are looking to better their lives. I love my school and I cant wait to say I am an alumni of Minnesota State University Mankato.

Dunia

To be completely honest, I enrolled in the university for the tuition and this has been a story I've heard from a lot of the students who attend the school so there is that. The school itself is alright, I guess. There's nothing outstanding or outrageous about it, it's just another state school in another city, so do with that what you will.

Shauntel

MSU-Mankato is a great university! I have thoroughly enjoyed my three years here. I suggest it to anyone that is unsure of where to attend college. I love how available my professors are, my classmates are friendly and willing to help, and the commute is doable.

Choosing a college after high school can be stressful, but for me it was easy choosing Minnesota State University-Mankato. The city of Mankato is the perfect size for anyone - not too big or too small. The campus itself is easily accessible and has tunnel systems for when the weather gets about as cold as Antarctica! Jokes aside, MNSU is the perfect transition from high school to the real world. You don't need to worry about not getting the help you need because professors and campus administrators are always available to lend a hand. On-campus housing is located right next to the academic buildings, so getting to class is a refreshing walk. Off-campus housing is available, but I do not recommend. Bus systems travel around the city of Mankato and is perfect for saving some gas money! Overall, Minnesota State University, Mankato is the perfect post-secondary college for anyone looking for a smooth transition into the real world.

Alicia

I really like it. I came in after being a PSEO student in high school, and I was really worried about transitioning to "real" college, but all of my professors and the people around me have been great. I highly recommend living on campus in one of the Learning Communities; it's the best support system that I have by far, and I really enjoy how many people I've gotten to know and opportunities that I've had because of it.

John

The Minnesota State University has helped me to grow both academic and professional way despite me coming from the different background. The university has given a space to make myself comfortable to work, study and explore the opportunity within and outside the university. This environment has made to grow better and has made it easy for the career too.

Matthew

This is a great university with even better cost of attendance. I've found their multiple locations (Mankato and Twin Cities) to be extremely convenient. All of my professors have been extremely responsive and easy to work with. Their research is ground-breaking and applicable to the courses they teach.

Deborah

It is a very beautiful campus. the environment is very pleasing to love in. I enjoy all the activities there. However, every school has those students who will do bad things, smoke and other bad things. I Believe it is left unto each and every students to choose the live they want to live and choose their happiness.

George

This school is really great

Joshua

This is the best University where you can make your future. I would really recommend any high school students and those in general who would like to attend Minnesota State University Mankato to make a wise decision by choosing this University. Since I joined the school I have seen the best and improvement to my studies. So I would encourage students to Minnesota State University, Mankato.

Jamaia

As a student of color, Minnesota State University-Mankato is not a considerable school for students of color. It is a rural area, there are not many things for students to do. The academics programs aren't that great, advisors also make you take classes that aren't needed for your major. There are not any school events besides the first week of school, and getting involved is very difficult. Overall this school is not as great as it sounds after orientations.

dawn

This is a great place to go if you do not want to go to a large school. Rent is not terrible around campus and there is a bus services and other means of transportation to get to classes. They offer a lot of programs and clubs to join to make you feel at home. There are quite a few things to do for every season. Majority of the professors want to be here and see the students succeed and follow their dreams.

Mitch

It's a nice school! There is diversity, kind professors, and safe spaces on campus. It's a decent size, and there a nice quiet neighborhoods close by to walk through casually on the weekends. There is some fun partying, and others who are willing to lay back and study. There is a spectrum of activities to do and it's a decently priced school!

Keira

I love the atmosphere at MNSU. It's high energy, people are friendly, and there's always something to do. In addition, the facilities are nice and up-to-date, and the campus is beautiful. The city of Mankato has a cute downtown area, lots of parks, and hiking/biking trails throughout the whole city. I'm truly proud to be a Maverick!

My overall opinion of Minnesota State University is okay. I love the campus, but there is security everywhere and there are a lot of mean girls. The dining center has similar food everyday, but thank god for the deserts and the fro-yo machine. There is always a lot of events going on, so you can try something new everyday.

Jacqui

I grew up in Mankato and honestly attending this college because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life. I ended up being very happy I went here. The academics for the major I decided on, Recreation Parks and Leisure Services, are fantastic. All the professors are understanding and kind. My main issue is with some of the living situations. I was fortunate enough to be able to afford the newer dorms which include air conditioning. However, others are not, and I don't think that is fair on multiple levels. I've seen it affect peoples' academics and believe that should not be the case. That is the only issue that comes to mind though, overall Mankato is an awesome place.

Visiting the campus was a great experience. The new renovated dorm rooms are really nice and the cafeteria is amazing. The class sizes are good teacher to student ratio and the campus is lovely. There are great shops and places to eat right across the street from campus, the mascot is an amazing Maverick and purple. The atmosphere of campus life was very welcoming and inclusive. There are so many clubs and groups to join in order to meet new and exciting people from all over the world. Our tour guide was Tash from Africa studying at Mankato State. When I got home with my parents I enrolled and submitted the on-line housing application and signed up for orientation on June 11 and 12. I would be so appreciative to receive a $1000.00 to put towards my journey as a Mankato State University Maverick. Thank you Amanda Rupp

Sadie

I love it! That's why I have chosen it opposed to the other colleges that I have been accepted to. I think they do a lot to involve students and get everyone involved in something. They have a lot of different things to offer for everyone. They also offer off campus housing right across the street so you don't have to walk far if you decide to live off campus. There on campus housing is nice too and I like that they have computer labs everywhere so you can just stop in wherever and pick up where you left off on a different computer.

Reed

Minnesota State University-Mankato, offers many great degrees and education programs. There are endless options to pursue. Not only is the education wonderful but so are the job opportunities. Because of the big city, it creates big employment options for everyone. Every college student has a hard time paying for rent, groceries, utilities, etc. So the extra money coming in through a simple part time job helps tremendously. The campus itself is absolutely beautiful and put together very nicely. Everything is well organized and everyone part of the program is more than willing to help. There are plenty of options for housing whether it be on campus or off. It is an amazing experience being a part of the Maverick family.

Wyatt

Mankato is a very pretty and beautiful school. Lots of friendly staff and students to greet you. There are a lot of groups, clubs, and extra activities to do on campus. The professors make the classes interesting and make some classes worth going to. I would highly recommend Mankato for students wanting to get a degree in food science; they have a great program here. Overal I give Mankato a 4.5 out of 5 stars. The other .5 being that it’s very cold here in the winter.

Madeline

As a Master student at MNSU-Mankato I have been challenged at this school in different ways than my undergraduate school. I miss certain aspects of my undergraduate and I also love different aspects of MNSU. Different aspects of MNSU that I really love is how they love research and do let undergraduates help. They allow anyone to be a part of research whether they want it for credit or not. The professors here have challenged me further than other academic opportunities I have had while not making expectations beyond a student reach.

Katilyn

Its alright just another average run of the mill uni. known for crazy parties. There are snoby rich kids. There are many sexual assaults on campus and in the dorms. In surrounding apartment complexes there are many thefts. Pot is a very popular substance on campus.

Kelsi

Overall, my experience at MNSU Mankato has been great! Personally, I am not involved in extracurricular activities and I spend most of my time working and studying, so I cannot speak for everyone.

samantha

Mankato State University Is a great school, On-campus facilities are fantastic resources to study and obtain help with homework or tests. Campus is a beautiful place to relax and hangout with many activities to partake in, from exercise classes to co-ed sporting events. Mankato State University is a fun and exciting campus that is credible for its academic success and its well-being of its students.

Xena

It is super cool and I cannot wait to attend I am really looking forward to being part of the crew! The campus is beautiful, the people seem friendly, communication is okay. There is not too much bad to say about Minnesota State University. Honestly.

Annabel

Minnesota State University, Mankato is home to many. It has a safe environment where people can comfortably live away from home. There is security available at all times. Diversity is a big element on the campus. People from various places attend and you never feel left out. The professors are helpful and always want to help. I is the goal of each professor that they're students understand concepts and pass the class. However, there is also extracurricular activities one can get involved with. from sports to art to greek life to student associations, there is room for everyone to make their college experience worth it.

Keji

Minnesota State University, Mankato is a facility that meets my personal preferences. The resources on campus are easy to find and the staff can direct you specifically to your needs. Academics is valued strongly as well as involvement around campus.

Olivia

Minnesota State University-Mankato is a decent school. There are something that could be improved. If I could rate it on a scale from 1-10, I would chose a 6. I find that there aren't many extra-curricular activities available. A positive thing is that the campus is fairly nice, with some good updates and renovations.

My overall opinion is that is a great school. Sure there have been a few cases of sexual assault but what college hasn't had that happen to them? The student union is the place to go if you want food, textbooks for class, relaxing, studying, or going to an event in the auditorium.

Emmanuella

I really like Minnesota State University, they are really nice people around who are willing to help. The professors are willing to help and would encourage students to come for office hours, to ask questions and talk about anything outside academics. There are other facilities to help students such as the Center for Academic Success that help students with tutors and class essays. They also help with resumes and cover letters at the Career Development Center. There are some interesting extracurricular activities on campus that help improve student communication, leadership and computer skills. Minnesota State University, Mankato, is also a diverse campus that organizes international events such as Asian Night, International Mingles Night and cultural partner that students can use as an opportunity to learn about new cultures.

Chase

Minnesota State Mankato is a great school. There are numerous opportunities on campus to go out and get out of your comfort zone. All the facilites on campus are fairly new and everything is kept clean and looking nice. Although Mankato is still widely known as a "party school" the town and college have made it their mission to change that mentality. The party scene here isn't huge but there are definitely places that you can go to if you are looking to party. The academics here I'd say are challenging but its mostly what you put into it is what you'll get out of it. Each college program really cares about their students and want to see you succeed. All the professors and T.A. are always available to help and want to make sure you understand all the content going on in class. The over all atmosphere of the school is welcoming and accessible.

Kadie

There is a huge sense of community surrounding the university, from those who go to school here, teach here and the Mankato community. We take an immense amount of pride in our sports teams and academics. There are so many on campus events, especially if you live in a dorm. It really feels like home here.

Joshua

This is the best place to study and make your future bright. Since I joined Minnesota State University from my first day, I have come to learn that it is the only place where I will be able to pursue my career without any trouble and gain a lot , not only from academics but also make new friends who will end up being my friends forever. Minnesota State University is the best place make a future.

Calleigh

Minnesota State University in Mankato is a great college to be attending. There are endless possibilities from sports to train club. You can make anything a club as long as there are members and have a faculty member sign off on it. Its that easy!! The people here are amazing and nice and will help you with anything even if you think its a dumb question.

Macy

Minnesota State University, Mankato has an updated campus with lots of activities for students to become involved! There are multiple dorm types so each person's needs are met. The location of the school is a little far from many of the main stores that are found in the middle of town, but they do have a bus system that can bring you to the places that you need to go. Overall, I have really enjoyed my time at this school!

beth

The campus is a decent size, not too big but definitely not too small (for my tastes). I really like the library. 3 different floors with varying degrees of allowed noise. The cost for the education is relatively affordable. There are a lot of parks and wooded areas around Mankato which is a plus.

Asaka

This place is a very nice environment and I feel comfortable. The students and professors are understanding and willing to help and support international students, like me. I am extremely elated to be about this community. The friends I have created are awesome.

I love it here. Mankato is my second home. You make great friends there who will last you a lifetime. Its also semi-close to home so you can go home once in a while. Everything is beautiful and everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

Laura

Minnesota State University in Mankato is a welcoming campus with a large variety of students. In most situations, it is a good post-high-school university due to the young atmosphere. I feel that MSU Mankato is able to offer a healthy balance between academic, extracurricular, and hobby opportunities.

Harlie

Mankato is a fantastic college town, and the facilities are great! Super happy to go here. Mankato has always been a place that reminded me of home, but was far enough away from home for me to feel away. It was my school of choice since I was just a wee lad.

Brianna

Mankato state has been an awesome school for me and I am glad I chose to go here. I have had many great experiences that I wouldn't have gotten if I did not attend this school. The dorm experience helped me create great friendships and provided a fun learning experience. I feel very comfortable at my school and I feel like I will become very successful because of the classes and professors I have encountered.

Danielle

Minnesota State University in Mankato offers students a community of resources to discover and take use of. The one thing I wish was better, was the parking situation at the college. I am a commuter student and parking can be such a hassle as I'm trying to get to a class. I have to plan to be an hour early to the parking lot so I can ensure I find a parking spot and still have enough time to get on the bus and get to the college campus for class. I have a feeling many other students would have the same thing to say about the college. There are amazing professors who are always willing to help and listen to life's issues and class related issues. The degrees and opportunities the college offers is significant and it helps the everyday student in so many ways. Overall, I love this college and the environment it carries.

Ebrima

It is a very good college where you can easily built on life changing skills. They always welcome student from across the world.International students are valuable to them.They are always curious to learn the culture of people from different places. The professor in the college are really competent. I love the institution.

Ezekiel

I love Mankato so far! I would highly recommend living on campus as it is a great way to make friends and get to know people. The more involved you try to be on campus, the more fun you will have in my opinion. Most of the professors are highly knowledgable and care about their students success, which is key. Also, class sizes are great. If you need help with an assignment or something you won't have to go see a graduate assistant or someone besides the professor nearly as often as you would have to at a bigger school, so if you like that one-on-one professor interaction Mankato would be an excellent choice (and it's an great choice even if you don't care about that one-on-one stuff).

Grace

I really like the feel of being on the Mankato campus. I grew up in a small town and have always been around that, which was something I was very nervous about going to college. But Minnesota State University-Mankato feels like a small town that you can walk around and see people you know and not worry about what everyone else is doing or what they think about you. Very happy and active campus, not so much in the winter but in spring and fall. Overall I am very happy that I made the decision to attend Minnesota State Unversity-Mankato.

Camille

I think it's a great environment to be in, from the friendly students on campus to the supportive faculty in classrooms. The campus has so much to offer to its students, I'm not sure that we are ever likely to get bored due to the variety of different activities to participate in and the hangout places scattered across the community. I would genuinely recommend other students to check it out, as it's something great to be apart of.

It is a good school, but it does have quite a party scene. The graduate programs are stellar, however. There are plenty of things to do around campus, and they always seem to have on campus events going on. The professors generally care about the students, and there is a welcoming atmosphere. I also love the CSU.

dani

Mankato is, to me, a large city which I did not enjoy much being from a small town. It was nice having so many shops and businesses so close by so I would not have to travel far if I needed anything. For being a bigger school, the class sizes were surprisingly fairly small.