Moorhead, MN
Minnesota State University Moorhead

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Minnesota State University Moorhead

Jamie

When I was in high school, I was the art kid in a small town. So of course, everyone would stare at my work and say things like “You’re so good!” and I wasn’t able to receive valuable critique. I was always afraid that I was just big in a small town, and that when I got to college I would get discouraged or feel I wasn’t good enough to have a career in art. Now that I am here, I know that is not the case. My professors have shown me my strengths and weaknesses in art and I have improved so much. Instead of feeling depressed after critique, I learn a little each time. In fact, feedback from professors and success in my classes has inspired me to start thinking about illustration as another career option. I have always been set on graphic design, but now that I’m here I see many opportunities lying before me. Overall, MSUM has encouraged me to be enthusiastic about art and the choices I have, and to work hard to achieve my dreams. I can’t wait to see what the future brings!

All my professors are great, and the cost is very low to attend. The dorms and meal plans are well priced and well worth it! Also, there are fun events on friday nights and once a month there'a a huge event called "Dragons After Dark" that has costume contests, games, dances, and lots of fun activities where you can win prizes.

Paige

I have only completed one semester of college thus far, but I have learned so much already. I've gained new friends and going to school gave me an outlet to start over. I tackled many obstacles such as moving out, getting a job, and being on my own. Going to college has given me the opportunity to grow intelectually and physically. I gained some good study and work habits. I am much smarter with how I spend my money as well. College is very valuable. I have seen the change in who I am as a person. It gives me something to work towards, which would be a career. I've been able to see that my parents work hard for their money, and I've gained much more respect for my family. I also live in the dorms and have learned to accomodate with others and try my best to be easy to get along with. College is honestly the best thing I have ever done in my life.

Moorhead State is a very good school for music, art, and elementary education majors. It's a fairly small campus and there are many friendly people and the staff is very helpful. It's a very reasonable price as well. Anyone who wants to live at a decent price, get a good education, and meet friendly people should go here.

I usually brag about the dorm life. Many people play instruments and it's very peaceful to hear someone playing the piano or the guitar down the hallway if you enjoy soft music.

Brandon

The arts. Choir is popular in town and I believe they do quite a few trips. Art exhibit, couple auditoriums, recording studio, etc. The art center on campus is huge and chock full of facilities for art and music students. Other than that there is the business center and science lab, those are pretty up to date. We share cadavers with Concordia, I think each school gets two per year.

I have majored in anthropology since day 1 of college, and it's been worth every minute. I am very fact-based, preferring to debate my professors and peers instead of accepting fallacious logic. But what I get from the debate, especially in class where everyone can discuss and work to a common goal, is critical thinking skills. I am very active in international student organizations, of which there are many on campus, and I have friends all over the world who have exposed me to many different viewpoints. I believe the world is full of bad ideas, and I want to use the holistic methods of reasoning I have learned in my education to replace those bad ideas with good ones. I want to understand other cultures, and fully intend on experiencing them firsthand.

The CMU. It's the hangout central of campus. There's a rec center, plenty of study (or sleep, literally there's secluded nooks with couchs) space, tv lounges, the main cafeteria, an a la carte cafeteria and dining area, a sandwich/cafe, and campus services like the international office, Native American and LBGT associations, club rooms, printing services, and general service stall (cheap newspapers/movie tickets). There's also an ATM and bank, salon, Student Senate offices and school newspaper office.

Kelsey

Minnesota State University Moorhead is a reasonably priced, public college, with a beautiful, open campus that isn't overwhelmingly big, great opportunities for more than just one field of study, and where students can be more than just another number.

Getting the most out of a college experience is important, and already I feel I will be getting the most out of mine because of the University I chose. Minnesota State University Moorhead has provided me with opportunities that weren't even offered to me in high school. I have been given a chance to study topics that interest me and that keep me wanting to learn, with professors who try to get to know me as an individual-- even with a class size of over sixty students (which I'm happy to say is my largest class). My time here has helped to reinforce my decision to get a degree in Music Industry (a unique program to MSUM) as I am already taking courses that will help me succeed in this field- and it fascinates me. The opportunites that MSUM has provided me far surpass the opportunites I had in high school, and with the help of the encouraging professors and my fellow students, I feel I have made the right choice in coming to MSUM-- not only to further my education, but to teach me the skills to be successful in everything I do.

I'm part of the Music Industry program which is a unique major, that not every college has to offer. The percussion ensemble is able to perform music from different areas of the world, not just the traditional western music-- this fall we've been working on music for Gamelan, which is originated in Indonesia, and Steel Drums. The professors are all knowledgable in their fields of study and try to get to know you as an individual not just as a number.

Jeff

I always hold fast to what a very wise professor once said, and I belive in it whole heartedly. He said that education turns people into human beings.

I only wished I'd had thicker long underwear. The winter months are deadly.

The sort of person who shouldn't attend ths school is someone who doesn't understand the value of hard work or doesn't savor the feeling of accomplishment when finishing a job well done.

Andrew

It's the perfect size school. If your experience is anything like mine you'll feel connected to the campus in no time. The profs are amazing!

It's a great school and the tuition is very reasonable.

Andrea

My college experience has been the foundation for personal and professional growth. It began when I was 18 years old and has continued for 30 years in the field of nursing and now education. Coursework in nursing gave me the background knowledge and skills to care for the person in body, mind and spirit. Seventeen years later, the change to K-12 educational studies led me to further understand the process of effectively facilitating children's learning. Studies in both fields complimented one another and led to a greater understanding of the role multiple disciplines have in the education of children and the support of their families. Persons in areas of health, education, social services, counseling and educational leadership collaborate to create the support for children, families, and one another's professional growth. My continued college experiences have been supported by colleagues, the children and families I work with, as well as my own family. It has been a self-fulfilling experience that has been self-directed and transformational. My continued studies will enable me to assist other adults in fulfilling their interests and purpose through education, ultimately using my philosophy in education to reach more elementary students and families.

Any person interested in pursuing further education. Those interested in continuing the academic experience that leads to self-fulfillment and a professional career.

Lacey

This school has been very helpful in answering all my questions and getting me to where I'm at now.

I'm in a program with only 10 students in my class and we all get along very well.

My college experience has been valuable to me because it's been very flexible with my schedule when I had my daughter. Now I'm in a full-time program and it's very hands on and has helped me learn much more than just sitting in a classroom.

What I have found that is different from my school is that it is the perfect size for me. I grew up in a small town and a small town school. NDSU is huge, at MSUM my professors know my name when they walk by me at the mall or see me at work. It is a challenging school, I feel safe there and feel that I can discuss my questions on the assignment with my professors. NDSU maybe a good school but not the school for me. I like being known as a me and not just another student.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is that education is a major key to success. I'm working hard to be the best that I can be. I also pay for my college education myself. I have gotten over fears of giving speeches infront of a crowd because the class does not judge who you were but who you are going to be. I believe that everyone should attend college because the more you can learn the better your future will be.

I tell them how much fun I have there. I still have friends that are still in high school and even convinced one to go to MSUM. I tell them about the fun activities there are to do here and how they can be apart of it. I think I have gotten all of them to fill out an application there. I also brag about the great communication between student and professors.

The best thing i have gotten from college is Education. Education changes people, and it has changed me. Ever since i graduated i felt a new person coming to the service. I have met so many people with different ideas that have made me think different. i have learned to become open minded about situation i never thought i would think twice. i feel like a new person since the summer of my graduation. In highschool i wasn't very studious because everything came easy to me. Morever, in College i have noticed that if you study you will get your rewards and if you don't you will see the consequences. College has encouraged me to aim for anything i want because i know i will get it with hard work.

Minnesota State University Moorhead administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.