Moorhead, MN
Minnesota State University Moorhead

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Minnesota State University Moorhead

Christine

My classmates are helpful, fun, and encouraging.

My classmates are helpful, fun, and encouraging.

I would tell myself to just relax. Take things one day at a time. Things are only as difficult as you make them, so be aware of your souroundings and make the best of these situations. Get involved. It might seem lame to do some of these things, but you will never regret your involvment. The only thing you will regret is not getting involved enough. Try your best and do anything you want to do. Nothing is holding you back!

I brag about how many activities there are to participate in. I aslo brag about how liberal the school is, and how open it is to everyone.

Blayne

It's many great teachers, and fine student body.

It's many great teachers, and fine student body.

I would tell myself to pay attention, and go to class. It's not as easy as one would think. To get ready for the best time of my life, and the hardest.

I don't believe that any "type" of person should not wish to attend this school. MSUM accels in nearly every aspect.

Alia

The first year of school goes by extremely fast. I would tell my past self to slow down and make sure to pay attention and enjoy the entire experience.

The size of my school is the best thing. It is not very big and teh campus is very compact.

I would advise my high school senior self not to make best friends or join a group or people too quickly when I arrive at college. It is better to be friendly to everyone and see which friendships develop. Spend equal amounts of effort on the different friendships, instead of focusing on one or two people. As you get to know people better, you may discover that they are not as compatible with you as you had originally thought, and that other people, who you dismissed earlier on, would make really good friends. It is more difficult to build a friendship with a person you have known only casually for a long while, than it is in the beginning when everyone is new and looking to build friendships. Also, write down the dining hall meal times and schedule a time in your day to eat, so that you make sure you get to eat before the dining hall closes. A few days of a rumbling stomach is not fun. Also, make your planning diary your new best friend; it's going to save your life in college. There are too many assignments and meetings to remember on your own.

There are no sinks in the dorm rooms. There are no tunnels or covered walkways between builings so when its freezing cold out you have to go outside to go to a different building for class. The international studies program is very small and pretty much has one teacher that teaches all the required classes. Hardly anyone really uses the public transport system in the area. it is inconvienient and a hassle to use, and takes a loooooong time to get to popular places, and it doesnt run on Sundays.

Paula

I wouldn't live at home. As much money as it saves, it really slows down the involvement at school. In high school I did everything; I was in every club, sport, and leadership programs. But at my non-traditional college, not only do other students not reach out to meet new people and make new friends, but as soon as class is over I just want to go home.

That a lot of the teacher's tend to teach with an attitude of "this is just another job."

Kacy

Concentrate on academics and not my social life. Focus and study hard.

I knew most everything about this school when I enrolled. Nothing really surprised me when I came to campus.

Danielle

It is personal, small with strong liberal arts, English, and science dept.

It is personal, small with strong liberal arts, English, and science dept.

For the entire duration of my college career I have had to work mostly two jobs to get by. This has decreased the amount of time I could have spent expanding my education and taking classes that I wanted to take instead of ones solely for my major or my general education. I came to this school as it was just starting a new liberal arts program which made things more difficult. If I could have afforded it, I would have gone to a school further from my hometown so that I could have had more opportunities to experience new things. If I could go back I think I would have wanted to be more active, but again with work it made it difficult. I also think I would have picked a major that would have better facilitated finding a job. All in all, I have made some great friends and learned about myself, I think the only way to do that is just to go in head first and learn from each experience.

Someone who likes large communities and a busy city life.

Alia

MSUM is a very homey, comfortable place. I felt welcomed the second i stepped on to campus.

Take the time to slow down and pay attention to and enjoy what is going on around you.

The only thing I dont like about MSUM is that it is almost three hours away from my home town.

shawn

Our school is not as consured about weining people out, they for the most part want us to to pass and become better at everything we do. I don't think that we are nothing more than a number to the teachers. most of the teachers care and will help you if you need it.

Don't wait forever to go. It's not like highschool, and it's actually fun learning when your doing it for yourself and not because your being forced to go. There will be a few tough classes but as long as you go to class and make an honest effort you can get through it "just don't quit", and most importantly the hardest part about school is getting correct answers " be persistant and don't give up until you are convinced that you got the right answer

The lack of knolweged and information the counclier and advisors have, I have two and a half years done and I havn't got any good advise to this day from any of them. Everything I have leared has been from the teachers and students and my own reasearch. I think every counclor should have to go through training from every department and progam the shcool offers. Not having a clear path on your degree makes college very frustration especilly when transfering because we as studends know that every college is looking to get more money, anyway possible!

Cheri

I gave myself the best advice from the get go--think outside of the box and be optimistic! Yes, there are times when college gets rough and both socially and academically you may struggle, but you're doing it for a reason. I was right in not taking my full-ride volleyball scholarships as academics are the most important and you need time to be involved on campus. I would say that just being open to a brand new experience is the basic mindset a new student needs.

Someone who is out-of-the-norm. This is a pretty liberal campus and there are many different people here.

Someone who is trying to get into a competitive field, other than education.

Minnesota State University Moorhead administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.