Moorhead, MN
Minnesota State University Moorhead

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Minnesota State University Moorhead

Alia

For the most part my classmates are friendly and approachable.

For the most part my classmates are friendly and approachable.

The best part about my school is that the campus is small, it doesnt take much time at all to get from dorms to classes.

I would tell my self to breathe and try very hard to stay calm when trying new things. And i was also tell myself to remember as much and take as many pictures as i can because everything goes by so fast.

kathleen

Dear Kathleen, Before you are 30years old, you will be a single parent of 2 children. You will find yourself struggling to make ends meet, even though you are experienced in your trade. Having a college education may have helped you make it through these times a little bit easier. It may have helped you grow in your industry faster and provided more savings and comfort for you and your children. With a college education, and the possibility of growth in the path you have chosen, you could have more of a college savings for your own children@ this point in your life. Do for yourself first so that you may help others more in your future. Do not underestimate yourself or put yourself off. Your education WILL be the key to your sucess, for you and your children. Give your children the best gift you could, put your education first. SIgned, Kathleen

Katie

Well-balanced environment between studies and socializing.

Well-balanced environment between studies and socializing.

I would tell myself to keep my life organized and to allow for enough time to hang out with friends and socialize. Studies are important but so is building friendships.

I have always been able to work my schedule the way I like it and I have been able to get into the classes I have wanted when I want to take them.

Everything is in one building. Don't have to mess with parking or walking thru snow. Only school in the area that offered a Dental Program. Able to also get my 2 year transfer degree that is applicable toward a 4 year degree later down the road.

Go to college immediately, into dental hygiene/dentistry. Which mistakes to avoid that have hung me up along the way and slowed down my success and progress in life. Tell myself to not listen to my mom every time she discouraged me from a career thought, to forget about the boys and just concentrate on the grades. The boys aren't worth a girls time until he is smart, educated, and employed. No boy is worth crying over--the one that is, won't make you cry--the one that does, isn't the one.

Hygiene jobs are impossible to find in town. Husband refuses to move away from his family. Have to find patients. This isn't something we'd do in a real practice. Teachers are stuck up and pretentious. Most of the female falculty and staff are a bunch of bitches. No school wide policy exists for funeral leave, sick leave, birth leave, or grading. Not all on same page for the basic stuff. But they've a school wide policy on drugs, alcohol, theft, and cheating! Go figure. All need to get off high horse and pull heads out of ass.

Monica

If i had to go back in time and talk to myself about college life, there are many different things I would inform myself on. For one, I would tell me to go to college where I want to go. I would not let myself go based on anyone else. This is one of the biggest decisions in your life and going for yourself is something you need to do. Another thing I would tell myself is to learn how to study, set the same time out everyday to do your work because once you get in that habit it is easier to keep it. I would also tell myself to look at all the options I had. Not to leave any option out in my college choices. There are so many different options, so look around. Also I would tell myself to open up, spread my wings and go with the flow. You meet so many different people in your college career and if you are stuck on people from high school you arent going to get very far. And last but not least, have fun and enjoy it. These are the best days of your life!

Anyone who is looking to attend a school with friendly people, cheap budget, and for a good education.

Getting in to classes sometimes can be difficult. Like I have had a late registration time every year for registration and I am falling behind in my major schedule which kind of gets annoying.

Ian

The three factors that I believe to be absolutely pivotal for a prospective student to consider when selecting a college or university are course selection, campus size, and student environment. Course selection is particularly important if a student has already decided on a major. If, for example, a student wishes to pursue writing, it is important for his or her selected university to have a strong English and Communications program. Having related and more specific programs, such as journalism and creative writing, would also be an important factor to consider. Campus size relates to how involved a student wishes to be on campus. A smaller campus is more intimate and tends to allow a student to participate in more activities simultaneously. A large university, however, will usually have more activities offered and enable a student to specialize in a particular area. Finally, a welcoming student environment is very important. A diverse student body, smaller class sizes, and specialized groups related to an academic major are conducive to a learning environment. A student who feels comfortable among his or her classmates will be more willing to participate in academic discussion and social activities - providing opportunity for intellectual and emotional development.

Minnesota State University Moorhead is a mid-size campus which offers several opportunities for participation in on-campus activities and programs, as well as involvement within the Fargo-Moorhead community. The campus is large enough to attract a diverse group of students and faculty, but is small enough to allow these diverse individuals to interact with each other in a comfortable environment. I have experienced class sizes ranging from 5 students to 100 + students, as well as attending on-line classes, meaning students have several learning environments from which to choose. Overall the university provides a diverse learning environment.

There really is not a lot to complain about when it comes to the MSUM campus, however our food services have been undergoing some changes over the past year or two, and I don't think the Sodexo company has fully met the demands and requests of the students at this time. Meals are often repeated too often and the hours for the dining hall are very limited (with no current meal exchange program with the other food sites on campus available). I have personally heard the most complaints about this issue during my time on campus.

Jeanine

I would say that they should tour many colleges and make sure that it is the perfect one. Make sure the size is just right and the atmosphere is what they enjoy being in. Don't ever let cost of tuition be a deciding factor for what college you choose.

I really enjoy being a student at MSUM. I would say one of the things that could be improved though is the meals.

This school is for many different kinds of people. I would recommend it to anyone as long as MSUM has the major that they are persuing.

Tiffany

Even if you know you have the grades to get into whatever college you want to, make sure you take a look at a ton. If you don't, you'll be second guessing yourself more than youc an imagine. Then, to make the most out of college, really get involved in activities that will help you in your career and find friends that will support you throughout everything you do.

The worst thing about the school is the dorms. They need renovation because they're stuck in the 70's.

You shouldn't attend this school if you want high quality dorms or a strong athletic team to compete on.

I think you need to find a school that "feels right". When you tour the school you should be able to picture yourself going to that school. You should take your time when looking at schools. To make the most of your college experience you should get involved on campus. You should join a club, sport, or orginization. Campus government is a great way to get involved an also make a difference. Also by joining a club or group, you make friends that last a life time.

I don't think there is anything that is wrong with this school. It is a great school, and I love being a part of this school.

This school focuses on mayn different types of students. It has a great arts program as well as a state of the art science department. Whether you want to teach, be an engineer, a sociologist, or nurse, this school is for you. If you want a good quality education, go to this school.

Renee

The cost of visiting a campus prior to admittance is more cost efficient than enrolling blindly and spending thousands of dollars on a mistake. Visit several campuses and meet with several professors in your academic area of interest before making a decision on which university to attend.

If I had known how ridiculous the parking situation was on campus, I might have reconsidered attending.

If you're from the area and you don't want to be far from your family, I would suggest going to this school. It is a great place to get an undergraduate degree if that is all you are going for. It is also great for transfer students who did poorly elsewhere because they don't factor previous GPAs into the one they have on record for you at the school.

Minnesota State University Moorhead administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.