Minot, ND
Minot State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Minot State University

Mikayla

If i were to go back in time and talk to myself, I would tell myself that college will be a lot more difficult than high school has been. I would also tell myself that I will need a lot of focus from day one of every class, especially Biology. As a senior, I was sitting pretty high and thinking that college would be a breeze, much like high school had been. However, after a month or so of classes, I found that it was not as it seemed. College classes are much more demanding. I would make sure I realized that as a senior so that I would go into school knowing that I needed to work everyday, not just the last month before semester exams.

I don't think that any student should be denied access to college. The work ethic they show will decide if they belong there or not. There should be certain standards that students must meet, but there should be no other discrimination involved. Every person deserves a chance.

The most frustrating thing about school is that people don't always remember you. There are only a few options for you as far as food on campus, and I really don't like that parking is very hard to find. Parking is really bad at Minot State University, especially in the winter. North Dakota's winters are very cold, and we end up walking a long way to class.

Tracy

It is best known for low-cost tuition.

It is best known for low-cost tuition.

It is more affordable than many other universities.

Experience is a great teacher. As a high school senior, I remember reading through stacks of college brochures each offering their promises of a bright and successful educational experience and each persuading me that I belonged at that institution. Back then, my selection process was simple. I sought a college that offered my major, was not too far from my family (but far enough), and would accept me. As far as what to expect of college life, well, I had no idea. Neither did I know much about how to go about financing and budgeting for college. Given the opportunity to travel back through time, I would give myself this advice: Balance the amount of time you spend with friends and your studies?you won?t regret missing a few movie nights. If you must choose between more sleep and more studying the night before a semester test, opt. for the sleep. Do most of your schoolwork in the library rather than in the dorm room or lounge. Part way through the semester, call or e-mail FAFSA and ask if they have any extra financial aid available?it doesn?t hurt to ask! Relax, organize, and prioritize.

Jordan

College is the most important part of your life. It aids you in your "quest" to finding your future intrests, assuming you wouldn't know by the time you are a senior in high school. This is the time you have, and a perfect opportunity, to make connections, get social, make friends to keep, and best of all, learn more about an intrest you are wanting to know more about (i.e. art, science, medical, etc.). All things considered, college is, and should be, the greatest goal to achieve!

I wished to have known to make us of any and all grants and scholarships provided.

Drinking is considered to be the worst thing in my school. The campus sets strict rules on this topic, yet I notice some students fail to abide by them. This campus is to great to have ill moraled students not complying with rules set and very noticeable.

Sonya

I would tell myself to follow your heart. I would hold my head up high, and say "anything is possible if you want it enough." I had a lot of people when I graduated high school that told me I would not finish college because even though I finished with a 3.7 GPA, I also married a military guy and moved away from home. I knew in my heart that I wanted to go to college and get my degree so I could make something of myself. I deserve to become the best person I can. College can be tough, but as long as you stay on top of your work and want to do what you are striving for, nothing is too hard. Upon graduating, I will be the first to graduate from college in my family, and that pushes me everyday to want it more and more. I know what I am capable of and the day I can look back on all my hard work and determination and smile while I hold my diploma in my hand, that will be the best day of my life.

All people should always attend any university to pursue higher education. If this is your choice, make the best out of it. However, if your goal is to be challenged and pushed, I do not know if this would be the ideal one to attend. I mean, the curriculum is solid, but professor just do not put inficise on how crucial the material is and that it will be needed later on. So the other kids in class just memorize it so they can pass the test instead of learning it to retain it always.

The most frustrating thing about Minot State is that so far I have not had a class that really pushed me to excel. I mean I like to work hard cause then I know I am working towards something. The classes make learning seem like you do not have to try as hard to excel, and that is in correct. When students get to higher classes they struggle more because they actually ahve to buckle down and study. People laugh and me cause I actually study and learn the material.

Alexandra

I would tell myself not to worry. I would let that girl know that her best is goon enough, and any pressure she was feeling is inconsequential. I would tell her to go out with her friends and to cherish the time she had with them, because she will never be with them again. They were the people who helped shape her as an individual, and the times they let go by them for ridiculous responsibilities will never come around again. Then again, i would tell her how proud I am that she made the informed and intelligent desicions she did, and that all of the hard work and endless nights of study and dedication were also well worth it.

Carter

My classmates are great and helpful; they are always willing to help each other out.

When I picked a college I was one hundred percent ready to go to another college other than what school I ended up attending. I say follow your heart and pray often. I ended up at the school I did just because the other school did not feel right. I am very happy that I did choose to attend the college I did. If I were to give advice on how to make the most of someone's college expierance I would say, do not be scared to get involved. Too often people decide they are not good enough to be in certain things, I say go for it.

Briana

MSU is a relatively small school with some amazing teachers and some horrible teachers and everything in between.

Classmates vary greatly...

Visit more than one college before making your decision. If you only visit your number one choice, you'll never know what else is out there. Visit with the faculty and staff, especially those in your department. Trust your instincts. If you get the feeling that the faculty don't really care about you, or that you just don't fit in, you're probably right. It's much better to find those things out before you've committed yourself to one college. It's difficult to give advice on "making the most of the college experience" because every student is looking for something different. So, figure out what you want, and go for it.

Travis

Small, fun school with good academic reputation.

Small, fun school with good academic reputation.

Really take the time to research the schools and think about a lot of different aspects of the school, such as social life and the location, as well as academics. Visit many campuses to get a feel of what you like and try to ask as many students as you can hat the school is like. Try to have a few specific questions in mind that are important to you.

Halee

The classroom size is big enough that if you want to disappear you can; however if you want to be seen and heard it is also the right size for that. The students are very helpful and friendly. The community is very supportive and generous. The enviroment and community is safe and enjoyable. The town and school is a perfect size for a four-year university.

I have heard many students say, "I was unsure of what school to attend, but I know I made the right choice in attending..." Most students will declare that their school is chose beyond all schools. They are right. When choosing a school, find a school that has your major if interest and allows you to be you. I choice my school because of athletics. This is not the same for everyone. Whatever the reason maybe to attend a school, or if you have two schools to choice from just make a decision. When you finally make that choice, run with it. You will find that no matter what school you choice, it will be great; as long as you choice to succeed in all that you do.

There are many unique things about Minot State University. However, I tend to focus on the fact that faculty and advisors are so willing to help. Many teachers go out of their way to help students out. Most of my teachers have met after school hours to help me succeed in the classroom. The advisors know you as an individual and not just another student. All members have great advise and are always willing to help you out with your future.

Minot State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.