Oceanside, CA
MiraCosta College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend MiraCosta College

Shelby

If I could go back in the past, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible and enjoy my last year of high school because life changes so much after that. I do not mind having the responsibilities that I have now, I just wish I took advantage of being a "kid" more than I did in high school. I would tell myself to stop worrying about how I would like college, because I love it.

The worst thing about my school is the prices of textbooks/materials; then again, that is how colleges are. This scholarship will help me with this problem!

The kind of people that shouldn't attend this school are people who don't want to further their education and who don't want to enjoy learning! MiraCosta is a great school with wonderful teachers and great classes. If that is not something you want, then I suggest you go somewhere else.

Rheanna

So far pretty interesting.

So far pretty interesting.

I would have gone to college straight out of high school. I think it would have made alot of things alot easier. I now live 2 states away from my parents, so I am on my own, having to work part-time in order to make ends meet, while having to go to school full time. Had I gone right out of high school, I could have lived at home, and had alot of help from my parents and family. Even though I still get help from them, I would have been able to live with them rent free, and just been able to focus on school.

Anyone who has not yet decided on a degree, or anyone who has decided on a degree and wants to transfer in the future to a four year school

Alexandra

Mira Costa College is a great campus with excellent instructors who really care about their students.

Mira Costa College is a great school. The teachers there have a lot of teaching experience and some have taught at Universities as well. The campus is very clean and modern. They have a great library with plenty computers and printers, along with staff to assist you and answer any questions you may have about the center. MCC also has many tutoring centers and learning centers that the instructors strongly encourage students to attend. The instuctors are very helpful and really want their students to succeed. You can tell they are caring and are really there to help their students.

There are so many things that my high school senior self should have known. As a senior, I didn't take college very seriously. I knew that I would be going to college eventually but I didn't take the time to research all the options I had. If I had the chance to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself, "Think of the kind of future you want! Stop focusing on what is happening right now and don't just wait for things to happen, make them happen!" I would explain to my younger self that college is fun and exciting and there is so much you can do. I would encourage myself to take the SAT tests and don't be scared to go straight for the university. The most important thing I would tell myself is, "Go full time! There's plenty of ways to get money for school, all you need to do is look." I would say that you don't have to work full time and go to school part time, because it takes a long time to get where you want to be that way.

Kathleen

First and foremost do you really know what you want to do? Are you sure you want to attend school or do you want to figure out what you want to do? Okay so you want to attend college, well first and foremost you must make a commitment to yourself to follow through with every class, you pay the cash then you should try to get your monies worth in return. If you really want to attend, there are plent of options for you to pay your way throught school. Remember what I said when I said a commitment is what you need from yourself because once you graduate you should be able to use your education to provide a life for yourself and someday family. Also remember once you graduate your loan payments are due for payment. So this is why it is imperative you are serious and you have a goal to reach. You must become serious and show respect for the professors who are there because they choose to be there as you choose to be there, and those around you choose to be there . If you find yourself, in this state of mind, you are golden.

Some of the employees aren't as informative as they should be. They aren't as helpful as you would hope they would be for students, at one point I was truly discouraged. I am on fire to attend and obtain my goal to be a nurse, I went into the financial aid office for assistance and it seems they are not forthcoming about all or any options financially to assist the goal oriented individuals. I felt this discouragement three times with the same person and it just seems so disheartening and absolutely frustrating.

I feel anyone who isn't serious about education or someone who isn't sure what they want to do with thier future shouldn't attend college. I say this only because they should save thier money explore the world, work a crappy job and save thier money and when they have saved enough to live on, move to mexico and live thier for a while bum around. And if that isn't the place they want to go, I say save up and backpack throught Europe, there they will find out what it is they want in life.

Lea

First of all, I would tell myself that life is not easy! Living with your parents and their help makes it hard to really be prepared with reality. What you think you know to be true as a teenager changes so much once you experience having it rough. I would also tell myself that college isn't just another party or way to stay young forever with your friends, and that most likely at 17 years old, you have no idea what your desires or wants truly are. Also, grades really do matter, and in the true sceme of things a C isn't really cutting it. College is also not cheap or easy, and if you go in unprepared, its very likely that you won't succeed. I would also tell myself that if you get a full scholarship, don't take it for granted, because later down the road when you have to work 2 jobs to try to make it, your gonna kick yourself in the butt for being so naive. Finally, I would give myself a hug, and say "don't worry, what doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger."

I don't usually have many complaints about the campus. I wish that they would put a little more effort into regulating room temperatures, because its always really cold in class. I personally believe that the more relaxed you are, the better chance you have of absorbing information for learning. It would be nice to see more parking added as well, because sometimes it can take 30 minutes to find a spot.

If I were to brag about my school, I would first of all tell someone that the professors are awesome. They genuinely still seem like they love their jobs and truly want the students to learn. The campus is also very quiet and clean. It offers a friendly, comfortable, small town feel. I think this is very important, because campuses can be overwhelming. This school also seems to have some decent funding, because there are numerous resources for students that are extremely helpful. Finally, they have a fairly wide range of classes and times which helps for working students.

Maya

Tune into your body with love and appreciation. Listen, feel, smell, see... practice being aware of your experiences. Academic writing encourages your awareness and your ability to articulate it. With this mission to show your audience what is going on rather than to tell them about it, your perspective changes and your whole world grows. Allow this process to begin now. Become conscious of what you are absorbing day in and day out. Realize that you have power over your decisions and what you allow into your body. Notice how you feel after you eat certain foods or hang out with specific people. Make educated choices throughout your days that are based on the awareness you gain through your experiences. After high school your days are not planned out for you with people constantly surrounding you; you will get to decide who you want to hang out with, what foods you will eat, when you will take which classes, and what you enjoy doing in your free time. If you begin loving, respecting, and getting in touch with your body now, then you will be prepared to make responsibile choices in college that will keep you healthy and happy!

I would recommend this school to every kind of person. With its extensive lawns of green grass, more introverted students have plenty of space to relax independently, away from noise and crowds. MiraCosta satisfies people seeking social opportunities with all of its efforts to involve the student body and bring people together. The library houses numerous computers and study spaces for all students to focus on school work, and tutors and writing consultants are available for anyone.

Because I am a very social person, I am proud of my school's effort in gathering its students for communal activities. The student council holds a weekly "college hour" with free lunch and entertainment, which I love. The various clubs and organizations offered on campus also delight me and I think that it is great that students get a lot of exposure to the clubs and organizations to know that they exist and what they are like.

Aileen

The community college is cheaper in tuition and easier to get in for classes that I must complete towards my undergraduate degree. This was the first reason I went there. However, I become to realize that some of their classes are actually more useful than a 4-year university. Furthermore, the staff are so friendly and professional, better than some of the 4-year university.

Do some research on the current economy and industry trends. Choose a major that you are passionate about. Take charge of the course. Remember it is for yourself, not for your parents or your school. Try to take internships that will enhance to knowledge you learn. Try to take leadership in college or community originations which will help building leadership and/team work concept. Whether you wish to be an entrepreneur or an employee, this will benefit you in the long run.

I have taken mostly regular classes. Then I fell in love with online classes with gives me flexibility to do other things. However, whether it's a regular class or online class, it takes self-discipline and responsibility to take the class.

jessica

i would tell myself to study before taking the placement test, cause i was so close to getting higher class levles. And to open up faster there is no need to be shy. i would also tell myself to just enjoy it and pass my classes.

any person really, it is a good enviroment for basically anybody .

my school overall is just fun, there is never a boring day. Plus i love the option of chosing when i want to attend classes, but all colleges do that.

Cindy

My classmates are heartwarming and welcoming; there are no judgemnts or bias becuase the school as a whole is so diverse.

Go to community college. It will be the best decision you will ever make. Although I know you really want to move out and go to a big time university because you think you're all grown up, your not. Community college will help you become a responsible adult and make you find your true future career. You grow up alot here and figure out what's really important to you. You save a lot of money going to a community college and receive the same quality of education. So it may not be as fun as going to university and living in a dorm and partying all night long, but that is the beauty of it. You will get things done, and fast. You will find youself coming here and figure out who you really are. Go to MiraCosta and trust me you won't regret it. Oh, and stop caring about what everyone else will think of you in high school becuase in college it all changes. Things are differnt, including you.

People are focused at my school. If your goal is to transfer, then this is the school to go to. You can see your counselor any day during the semester, which is extremely helpful. The professors here are the best in the country for community colleges. The campus is beautiful that sits on top of a hill overlooking the coast. Our student population is so diverse so everyone fits in. Parking is always easy to find. It's cheap. It is one of the most highly acclaimed community colleges in the country with ties to Columbia and Stanford.

I have experienced almost every aspect of college life. I have lived and studied abroad, I have lived in dorms, in off-campus housing, and with my mom. I have taken classes at a four year university as well as a two year community college. I have changed my major from international politics to public relations to photography and now to nursing. After all of this I would tell my high school senior self to follow the path that is layed in front of you, there are no short cuts, the journey is the experience. Never turn down an opportunity to learn; don't sell your self short just to take the easy way out. My college journey has been incredible and even at 25 it is not over yet; I wouldn't change anything. I have learned so much about myself and the world not only in the classroom but in the experiences outside of the classroom, so I would tell myself to live life to the fullest no matter what is thrown at you.

I wish that before I came to this school I had known how tough it would be to be accepted into the local nursing programs. Speaking to the guidance counselors that are really tuned into the programs available can steer students in the right direction so that time isn't wasted on unnecessary courses. There is a lot of competition for the nursing programs, but there is also a lot of help out there, you just have to know where to look.

The crowds of students all trying to get into the same classes! I love my school; I love the campus, I love the instructors, I love the library and the resources available to the students... but getting into the classes I feel like it is every man and women for his/herself, it is cut throat trying to get the classes you need, especially the sciences. Too many students, too few classes.

MiraCosta College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.