Oceanside, CA
MiraCosta College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend MiraCosta College

Barry

My school has a good education that will help me achieve in my future goals for my desired major that I plan to succeed in.

I grew up in a small country town that had only about 100 students in the high school. Making the transition from high school to college was hard and a culture shock. I thought college was huge, but in reality it was not that big. If I could go back and give myself advice, it would be to better prepare myself for the more difficult classes that are in college. I would also better prepare myself for exams and have better studying habits. Growing up in a small town, I found school easily successful. College however, I have to work much harder in order to be successful with my grades. I believe that the one thing that I would do differently is to better prepare myself for college in order to be successful in my college career.

I consider the education program to be the best thing about my school. Pikes Peak Community College let's me start my college education. It also has a good program that connects with an University that I plan to attend once I graduate from the two year college.

Elisabeth

Wonderful people who welcome new students with open arms.

Wonderful people who welcome new students with open arms.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would tell myself is not to let the pressure get to you. So what if you aren't going to a four year college straight out high school? It doesn't matter where you start your education because once you hold that degree in your hand it isn't going to say how you got it. The second piece of advice I would give myself is to get as much general education done in the community college as I can. Four year colleges are expensive, and no one is going to be paying for your education. Above all, stay strong, and stick the morals your mother taught you. A lot of things will try to slow you down, but just remember where you've come from and what you want to do and keep climbing until they hand you your diploma.

Everyone should attend this school. It is a place where you can find whatever amount of support you need no matter what walk of like you come from.

David

My classmates vary in personality, race, and desires. They all have goals in life and want a further education and it can be evident to which ones really want it and which ones are still trying to decide on what to do with their lives.

The advice I would love to have given myself would be to have really paid attention in every class I had. But mostly importantly I would have told myself and help others aswell to try hard and push hard to do great in school and to get involved in as much as I could. I would mention that even though the high school years don't seem inportant or aren't taken serious, it is really a vital part in further education and evenmy future.

I have as much of an ooportunity in a junior college, such as Mira Costa, as I would have going straight into a four year university or college.

Anthony

I would tell myself to take it more serious, to apply for every scholarship possible and to not procrastinate on it. I would let myself know how difficult it would be without financial aid.

I wish I would have known about scholarships and financial aid and how difficult paying for school would be.

I believe anyone should attend this school. It's a great option for someone who doesn't have the gpa for a 4 year school or someone who wants to save money and transfer.

Sean

Mira Costa is an extremely large two year school with excellent resources and facilities for all undergraduate majors and has given me a great oppurtunity to finish my core classes, save money, and become well prepared for my intended major, music performance.

Mira Costa is best known as one of the two leading community colleges in the northern San Diego area where there are hundreds of classes in every field of interest.

I live this question each and everyday as I have a younger brother in high school, and while he doesn't like it all the time, I am constantly helping him with preparation for college. I come from a family of high intellect, yet no one has ever graduated from college. They were able to find professions and become highly sucessful. Yet, in today's economy it is essential to have a degree and even more so, a master's degree or more. I love school and so does my little brother, but the question that really remains is simply, how can I afford to stay in school for 6 to 8 years? So I would tell myself to keep my grades at 4.0 (which I gradually slipped down to 3.8) and to do as much community service as possible. And the number one most important thing I would tell myself is to apply for every scholarship possible so that I may have the opportunity to get school paid for by donors who are looking for someone exactly like me: bright, young, and eager minded, ready and willing to work hard for a better and more fulfilling future.

Joseph

Its a lot smaller, the atmosphere there is strong. Everyone desires to learn and excel. The unique size and location add to the beautiful atmosphere that is derived from the clean campus and caring professors.

Growing up in the home that I did, with the constant burden of finances, college seemed like a dream that would never come true. With mediocre grades and no true path to follow for school, my senior year was practically hopeless. I knew I could never afford to attend a university. So for my senior year I strove for nothing. Following graduation as I made plans to head to China to work with orphans, the daunting task of registration for a junior college overwhelmed me. I knew I needed to do something. So I registered with Mira Costa. It has changed me, it truly has. Attending Mira Costa has changed my entire outlook on life. My once empty aspirations are now filled with hope. There is a light at the end of this tunnel. I am so close to achieving my goal and I will be the first from my family to graduate from college. If I were to go back and give advice to myself as a senior I would tell myself that there is hope and I need to strive and seek after it. To never give up cause the best things in life are worth fighting for.

One who is commited to transfering and desires a well rounded education. One that desires to attend a four year university.

Shayla

With everything I know now about collegeI think that the most valuable piece of advise I could give myself would be, save up and look for scholarships. I am a full-time student with 16-18 units a semester, maintain three jobs, Student Ambassador for my college, AVID Tutor at a local middle school, part time (occasional) babysitter, and financial aid student, I still can't afford to pay all of my bills and school supplies I am lucky to have supportive parents but they aren't made of monay sometime I have to deal with tings on my own and help them pay some of my bill. I pay for my own clothes, school materials, car insureance, and anything else that may pop up during the school years. I prepared in high school for scholarships but I never made the effort to apply until now. The most valuable piece of information I would give myself as a highschool student would be to work hard, volunteer alot, as I've been doing and still continue to do, and apply to as many schoolarships I can.

Any type of person should attend this school, humans should. There is a diversity of student at MiraCosta College from concurrently enrolled high school students to proffessionals who want a change in proffesion.

There are alot of things that I brag about when I tell my friends about MiraCosta College. For example, we are opening courses and inviting students not shutting them out, we have the cream of the crop teachers, but the most important thing about MiraCosta College is that no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you need, that is always someone there ready to help you with any questions or guidence that you might need.

Brooke

I would tell myself that although taking my ecology and geology course was fun in the end it will not count towards transfering. I would tell myself to take the basic of biology and start on chemistry to shorten my time in junior college. Also to have fun and you will make many good memories the first year away from home.

The one thing wrong with my school is that it is small. It doesn't offer many classes other than the basics you need for your general education. There are no zoology courses, but there are many general sciences such as biology, chemistry, anatomy..etc.

Someone who needs to achieve genreal education and has no desire to stray away from there IGETC form.

Angie

Most of my classmates are dedicated, intelligent, motivated, driven students that like to work hard and are driven by a passion in their lives to achieve their goals.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior there are some things I would make sure I understood. I would tell myself to stay motivated through community college and make the right decisions about friends vs. school work, though at times, they may be the hardest choices to make. I would tell myself to keep my eye on my long term goal and never let it out of sight. I would tell myself not to settle for anything less than my dream 4- year university and my dream carreer. I would tell myself never to give up because your wildest dreams can come true with a little motivation and effort. I would tell myself not to quit even when the road to success seems all uphill because if you can get through the most difficult times balancing school and family life, you can get through anything life throws at you.

The worst thing about MiraCosta College would have to be the financial aid available. Though the economic crisis has affected most colleges including UC's and state colleges I feel that on the community colllege level it is worse. Because community college is some students last source of education, financial aid and scholarships are absolutely necessary in order to keep those students feeling motivated and not left behind because education is not affordable.

High school was never a serious time in my life. Completely engaged with the worries of pre-pubescence, certain trends and of course boys I had little time to focus on my academic career. Not to mention it is the time in your life that you tend to rebel and think that what you did that Saturday night is more important then a high SAT score. In retrospect to the last two years of my life these thoughts have completely three six tied. I have learned the importance of an education and what you can get out of a college experience. In a single heart beat I would go back to myself at the young rip age of 17 to worn that pre occupied girl of her mistakes and purely unaided sluggishness. Grab her and tell her how enlightening it is to read a book from cover to cover, to sit in a lecture hall and exchange inspiring ideas, learn with fellow students with the same goals from scholarly professors. I would tell myself to prepare for college because thats your time to shine, the teachers want you to succeed and its up to you to make it happen.

The constant interaction with students of all ages and backgrounds is one of the reasons I truly enjoy community college. The fact that I attend a community college means that it is more diverse in the aspect of age. I am also able to meet people that live in the same area that I grew up in. It is also convenient with my work schedule and my other everyday activities because it offers such broad times for classes and is so close to home.

Anyone who wants a good education, the school is diverse ranging from high school students to stay at home moms. MCC works around your schedule and has opportunities for all its students. I have found the counselors to be very helpful and there extra curricular activities expansive. The art programs are very helpful and student oriented to get everyone involved. The student at this school truly want to learn and the teachers actually care about each and every one of us.

MiraCosta College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.