MiraCosta College Top Questions

amber

The lack of community.

Larry

It is a commuter school, so finding school spirit from the students is more challenging. I wish there were more students on campus throughout the day as well, as opposed to most students coming on campus in the morning through noon. Most students have an off campus job, so they cannot stay on campus as long as others. This limits the time some students can have socializing with other students, but it is convenient in the fact that the school offers many classes on each campus throughout the week so that students can attend their jobs.

The thing that frustrates me the most is the overly lax attitudes that many of the students carry. Often times while I'm on campus I am reminded of high school by the other students behavior and attitudes. They don't show any passion or commitment in classes, they are immature in the halls, and often times act without taste or tact. College is supposed to be an esteemed place of learning, and often times students don't seem to notice. For me it is the common lack of professionalism amogst the students that is most irritating about my school.